IGNORED

Gary Johnson

Stoke_Gifford_Red

Apologies if people don't want to know what Gary Johnson has been up to but according to The Football League show he was at the Newcastle Peterborough game. Just letting you all know that the rumours about him going there appear to be true.

Just saw that, Barry Fry almost beside himself with joy at the prospect.

GJ looked happy enough in the Director's Box as well, but you'd think he could do better than Peterboro?

It could backfire. I think he is going there expecting instant success, bring them back to the Championship. It could be a pretty tough division next year if Palace go down, Leeds stay down and with Southampton still there. I reckon he may have just shot himself in the foot.

It could backfire. I think he is going there expecting instant success, bring them back to the Championship. It could be a pretty tough division next year if Palace go down, Leeds stay down and with Southampton still there. I reckon he may have just shot himself in the foot.

As long as he can take a team to the Memorial Ground and stick 6 past the gas I'm sure he'll be happy.

As will we all.

Good luck GJ.

Well if this is true then I am flabergasted - surely he could do better than Peterboro? This is a backward step for him to a smaller club - what is he thinking? Surely he should eyeing the Watford or even Leeds jobs. Still I guess it is also nice that GJ will one day look back and see us as the pinnacle of his career!

The job will suit GJ well.

This is his standard, bringing teams from the first into the championship!

He will be a GOD there in a couple of years.

Then a couple of more years down the line he will get frustrated.

He needs another promotion, before other slightly bigger clubs, will start thinking "this mans good" again!

I wonder if he might delay any decision until the end of the season. I reckon there's a decent chance that if Leeds continue to bottle it and miss out on promotion, he'll be in with a shout at replacing Grayson up there. Whilst I'm sure he appreciates being courted by any club right now, I think he can do better than Peterborough. That said, it was interesting to see that Barnsley's ex-manager Simon Davey has taken over Darlington, who are about to begin the next season in the BSP. Suddenly City to Peterborough doesn't sound like that much of a step down!

Having seen the interview on the show with the ever moronic Barry Fry, it would be fair to say that GJ has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous with the chairman he's had to work with here and at Posh.

That being said, although I expected him to get a better job than this, he'll undoubtedly do well in League One and will always get a good reception when his teams return to AG.

Can this and future threads on the man be moved to Social city please.

Iam sick to death of reading about an ex manager as though what he does next is someway important. If he was any good he would still be here, as manager.

Many of us are interested though Ralph.

If you're not then the topic title should be a good pointer for you to give the thread a wide berth.

I see a lot of you are saying you're surprised about GJ going to Peterborough, I'm not.

It was mentioned in an earlier post that there are hundreds of football managers out of work. It seems that if you don't stay in the game then you might not be able to get back in at all.

I think this is a good move for him, he obviously gets on with Barry Fry which will make it easier for him, they are ambitious and he has a good record in League 1, we also might be able to unload some of our 'fringe' players to him.

It'll be interesting to see if comes back for a loan of some of our youngsters!! innocent06.gif

I say good luck to him!

Alot of jobs going but also alot of mangers out of work, perhaps hes missing the day to day life of being a football manger and just wants to get back into it at whichever club wants him, fair play i say

Took the words out of my mouth!

Remember most managers have massive egos, and Johnson has one of the biggestclosedeyes.gif

I wonder if he might delay any decision until the end of the season. I reckon there's a decent chance that if Leeds continue to bottle it and miss out on promotion, he'll be in with a shout at replacing Grayson up there. Whilst I'm sure he appreciates being courted by any club right now, I think he can do better than Peterborough. That said, it was interesting to see that Barnsley's ex-manager Simon Davey has taken over Darlington, who are about to begin the next season in the BSP. Suddenly City to Peterborough doesn't sound like that much of a step down!

It was quoted that he will be the manager within five days.

Maybe thats why Lansdown gave Keith five games, perhaps he will follow Johnson as his number two. fingerscrossed.gif

Many of you can be interested and read said thread and post opinions if this was in Social City,

What I fail to see is why everything else re Ex City staff becomes Social City but GJ has an exception to this?

What other teams continue to glorify and idolise their ex managers who have left under mutual consent and caused dissent amongst some quarters of fans and players. Yet still get treated as if though royalty and that the club has some debt of gratitude to them?

Please explain that anyone and then I could potentially empathise as to why 'we' are still going about GJ some 3 weeks hence

Yeah put all the Notts Forest stuff in there aswell. That was yesterday so we should all move on and anyone wanting to talk about the history of this club should do so elsewhere.

Okay, I see some of the posters havent finished grieving for our loss yet

You've taken things to the nth degree. So if say I started a thread on Alvario Saborio at his new club, or Paul Agostino post City or David Seal the Mangotsfield United years, or where are these former players, then those wouldnt be moved to Social City?

Where do you draw the line?

GJ is a special caseranting.gif People are still insistent in worshipping Gary of Johnson and what he did for the club. He is not our manager anymore. So what relevence to City Talk does it have unless we end up playing whomever he is manager of next?

For example a thread about Benny Lennartson assisting Sven got moved to Social City because its about an ex city manager. Yet this is still current? How so?

depends where your cut off point is. Is it a day a week a month or a year? I dont see why it bothers you really. You can see the title. Read it if it interests you or leave it if it doesnt.

Johnson isn't a special case he's just a manager thats been here a long time and who has only just left so people are interested in wheat he's doing next.

Post about Johnson when he's been gone as long as Benny has been and see how long it stays.

You just seem to have an issue with Johnson rather than an issue with this actual topic.

Archived