IGNORED

Where In The Squad Do We Need More Quality.

Redcliffe 78

An experienced centre half - Carey is going backwards now age is catching up with him.

Switch Orr and Ribeiro in a 352 to see how it works as Ribeiro is the better player in posession.

Haven't seen anything of Sawyer yet so I'm not sure how we make a decsion on him or whether we need a better left sided option. I understand he lacks pace so might not be one to take us up a level.

I expect Hartley to go to Boro in the summer (nearer home under Strachan and a bigger club) so we'll need a midefielder in that mold to replace him.

I think we'll get another striker in too as we dont have much when Maynard isnt firing.

A dominant centre-half to replace Carey, who has had a mediocre season.

A left-back.

A winger (either right or left as we could use JCR in LW or RW)

A striker who can provide Maynard with space and balls. In this sense, I think it is more important we buy someone to give Maynard space and room and bully the centre halves rather than purchasing a poacher.

All your Steve Lansdown!

Left back, left midfield, and a centre half with experience (basically Louis mins five years). I wouldn't mind seeing a keeper and a powerful centre forward in the Brooker mould come in too, and if Williams, Sno and LJ move on this summer we'll need a ball playing midfielder.

If we stick with the wingbacks formation Millen uses then we dont need a great deal extra anywhere, other than a commanding centre back to replace Carey. Thats presuming JCR will be groomed into a wingback. And we wouldnt need a target man so haynes/maynard/clarckson should be enough up front

If we shift back to a more regular 4-4-2 with wingers lookign to get crosses in then we would prob also need a target man, a left back and a versatile winger

annoying thing is i imagine any manager that comes in prob wont go with wingbacks as it seems to be pretty rarely used these days, even though it does suit the players we have the best

Left back, left midfield, and a centre half with experience (basically Louis mins five years). I wouldn't mind seeing a keeper and a powerful centre forward in the Brooker mould come in too, and if Williams, Sno and LJ move on this summer we'll need a ball playing midfielder.

Agree with all of that except the keeper. I think with Gerken and Henderson, we are ok in that department. Would like to see someone like Darren Ambrose join the club as that goal scoring attack minded midfielder. Bet he goes to QPR in the summer though...

Definately need another centre back with Carey coming to the end of his career. Another left back, possibly Sawyer. If Hartley goes and Sno goes back as well then a quality midfielder or two is essential. Up front with Maynard, Haynes and Clarkson looks decent enough but with injuries/suspensions the cover is thin, so another striker would be a sensible purchase.

Another 4 or 5 additions over the summer, with maybe the same number leaving AG.

JCR, explain your reasons i think he has had a half decent start in the colours.

Personal reasons are

Do not think he is the sort of player that will help us progress through the league into the top 6. Struggled to get into the Barnsley side, which says alot. Dosent take his man on and seems to go pass backwards to Mcallister/Fontaine rather than take his man on and beat him.

Just feel we need a bit more of a quality winger than him

Our current squad;

Goalkeepers;

Dean Gerken - Keep

Stephen Henderson - Keep

Steve Collis - Release, never going to play first team football here.

Defenders;

Bradley Orr - Keep

Jamie McAllister - Keep

Liam Fontaine - Keep

Jamie McCombe - Sell, done a good job for us in the last couple of years, but time to move on.

Louis Carey - Keep

James Wilson - Keep, would like to see him play the last couple of games.

Christian Ribeiro - Keep

Brian Wilson - Release/sell, not quite good enough for this level and injury prone.

Lewin Nyatanga - Keep

Gary Sawyer - Send back, won't be signed if he can't get a game before the end of the season.

Joe Edwards - Loan out, needs a loan spell at a League 1 or 2 club before challenging for a first team place.

Midfielders;

Marvin Elliott - Keep

Lee Johnson - Not sure, good squad player, but wouldn't surprise me to see him leave. Don't think he'll go to Peterborough.

Cole Skuse - Keep

Gavin Williams - Release - Out of contract, hasn't shown enough to warrant a new contract.

Ivan Sproule - Keep

Frankie Artus - Release

Evander Sno - Not sure, good player, but likely to be too expensive and will therefore probably leave.

Paul Hartley - Keep

Jamal Campbell-Ryce - Keep

Ashley Kington - Loan out, needs a loan spell at a League 1 or 2 club before challenging for a first team place.

Strikers;

David Clarkson - Keep

Nicky Maynard - Keep

John Akinde - Keep

Lee Trundle - Release, finally off the wage bill

Tristan Plummer - Release, several unsucessful loan spells, don't think he'll make it here

Danny Haynes - Keep

Patrick Agymang - Send back, please don't return

Peter Styvar - Sell

Marlon Jackson - Loan out again, promising first loan spell, another season loan spell would do him good.

Squad of;

.....................................Gerken/Henderson..................................

Orr/Ribeiro........Carey/Fontaine/Nyatanga/J.Wilson........McAllister

Sproule...............Elliott/Skuse/Hartley/Johnson?/..................JCR

.........................Akinde/Clarkson/Haynes/Maynard......................

Looking at that I would like to see;

A commanding centre half, something we've lacked for the majority of the season

Competition at left back, preferably somebody more attacking if we were to use the current formation with wingbacks

A left footed central midfielder/left midfielder, to give the midfield more balance, creativity and competiton out wide if needed.

A striker, doesn't have to be an out and out target man, but somebody who will win a fair amount in the air.

First 11 isn't too bad (apart from the left side) It's the quality of the players on the fringes that are the problem.

Sno if available on a free with the right salary, I'd snap up. He's another player who's been misused under the previous manager and too many times played of out position and rarely played in a his natural holding midfield role which he impressed so much in the Ajax game, he's young and will get better. For the right deal - Good signing.

A few people have mentioned the possibility of Hartley not being here next season, I would be most upset if he left. Any truth in these murmurs??

Much as there was rumours spread to creative negativity against Johnson by some people, there was also rumour spread to backup management decisions generally each time coming through the differeing supporters club/trusts, sometimes they are created by someone with a grudge othertimes they are passed to a group to defend other people.

Hartley doesn't have any problems that didn't exist when the he joined. His family were always going to be staying in Scotland and he was always going to do some commuting when there was free time, a number of rumours were created against Hartley to justify his "rotation" out of the team, be it his age, fitness or travelling home for son's b'day. My PERSONAL view is that Hartley on hour flight to Scotland to see family is no different than other players driving "home" to London too see friends and family for a couple of days, let alone Dele driving daily from the midlands without comment.

Personal reasons are

Do not think he is the sort of player that will help us progress through the league into the top 6. Struggled to get into the Barnsley side, which says alot. Dosent take his man on and seems to go pass backwards to Mcallister/Fontaine rather than take his man on and beat him.

Just feel we need a bit more of a quality winger than him

Whilst i don't agree respect to your opion. Onwards & upwards mate.

First 11 isn't too bad (apart from the left side) It's the quality of the players on the fringes that are the problem.

Sno if available on a free with the right salary, I'd snap up. He's another player who's been misused under the previous manager and too many times played of out position and rarely played in a his natural holding midfield role which he impressed so much in the Ajax game, he's young and will get better. For the right deal - Good signing.

Much as there was rumours spread to creative negativity against Johnson by some people, there was also rumour spread to backup management decisions generally each time coming through the differeing supporters club/trusts, sometimes they are created by someone with a grudge othertimes they are passed to a group to defend other people.

Hartley doesn't have any problems that didn't exist when the he joined. His family were always going to be staying in Scotland and he was always going to do some commuting when there was free time, a number of rumours were created against Hartley to justify his "rotation" out of the team, be it his age, fitness or travelling home for son's b'day. My PERSONAL view is that Hartley on hour flight to Scotland to see family is no different than other players driving "home" to London too see friends and family for a couple of days, let alone Dele driving daily from the midlands without comment.

Good post, apart from the Sno thing he just not done it or look like doing it for me. We have been waiting all season for a performance like he did in the friendly, also the Dutch top division is not of the greatest qualtiy & it looks like he's surpless to requirements there.

Our current squad;

Goalkeepers;

Dean Gerken - Keep

Stephen Henderson - Keep

Steve Collis - Release, never going to play first team football here.

Defenders;

Bradley Orr - Keep

Jamie McAllister - Keep

Liam Fontaine - Keep

Jamie McCombe - Sell, done a good job for us in the last couple of years, but time to move on.

Louis Carey - Keep

James Wilson - Keep, would like to see him play the last couple of games.

Christian Ribeiro - Keep

Brian Wilson - Release/sell, not quite good enough for this level and injury prone.

Lewin Nyatanga - Keep

Gary Sawyer - Send back, won't be signed if he can't get a game before the end of the season.

Joe Edwards - Loan out, needs a loan spell at a League 1 or 2 club before challenging for a first team place.

Midfielders;

Marvin Elliott - Keep

Lee Johnson - Not sure, good squad player, but wouldn't surprise me to see him leave. Don't think he'll go to Peterborough.

Cole Skuse - Keep

Gavin Williams - Release - Out of contract, hasn't shown enough to warrant a new contract.

Ivan Sproule - Keep

Frankie Artus - Release

Evander Sno - Not sure, good player, but likely to be too expensive and will therefore probably leave.

Paul Hartley - Keep

Jamal Campbell-Ryce - Keep

Ashley Kington - Loan out, needs a loan spell at a League 1 or 2 club before challenging for a first team place.

Strikers;

David Clarkson - Keep

Nicky Maynard - Keep

John Akinde - Keep

Lee Trundle - Release, finally off the wage bill

Tristan Plummer - Release, several unsucessful loan spells, don't think he'll make it here

Danny Haynes - Keep

Patrick Agymang - Send back, please don't return

Peter Styvar - Sell

Marlon Jackson - Loan out again, promising first loan spell, another season loan spell would do him good.

Squad of;

.....................................Gerken/Henderson................................. .

Orr/Ribeiro........Carey/Fontaine/Nyatanga/J.Wilson........McAllister

Sproule...............Elliott/Skuse/Hartley/Johnson?/..................JCR

.........................Akinde/Clarkson/Haynes/Maynard......................

Looking at that I would like to see;

A commanding centre half, something we've lacked for the majority of the season

Competition at left back, preferably somebody more attacking if we were to use the current formation with wing backs

A left footed central midfielder/left midfielder, to give the midfield more balance, creativity and competition out wide if needed.

A striker, doesn't have to be an out and out target man, but somebody who will win a fair amount in the air.

Yeah I would agree with most of that, Not sure Akindie has what it takes, but worth giving him some more time out on loan, but if he's not setting league 1 alight then he aint gonna be much good to us. Whoever comes in will hopefully identify our current talent and fill in the gaps we've all suggested.

Archived