IGNORED

Gavin Williams

Coach

Went down yesterday with a few Millwall mates and thought Williams was quality and deserves another chance with us.

With the new management staff coming in, I for one hope that they bring back Williams because there's no doubting his class, but he wasn't given much of a chance here - much like Noble.

had enough chances and when he started delivered little - think LJ a far better bet personally and would prefer him in next season's squad.

not avin that mate williams has much more to his game than lj admittedly lost his way a little with his stop start season but undoubtedly has something in his locker

had enough chances and when he started delivered little - think LJ a far better bet personally and would prefer him in next season's squad.

Of course he has whistle.gif he started 2,( two) games this season.

He is still the only midfielder we have who gets past the strikers and scores goals, if you honestly think hes had enough chances then i'm afraid your wrong.

Despite what is said about where he played for City and in what system and how it didn't suit him blah blah. Fact is he has 49 appearances to his name at City and he didn't show enough to suggest that he is a player that we desperately need, or have desperately missed since he has been at Yeovil.

Also, people forget he is 30 in a few months.

Struggles with fitness. Thanks for the few moments of brilliance in a City shirt, the volley at Derby and a handy assist at Charlton stick out - but for me a player who we should be looking to move on.

Despite what is said about where he played for City and in what system and how it didn't suit him blah blah. Fact is he has 49 appearances to his name at City and he didn't show enough to suggest that he is a player that we desperately need, or have desperately missed since he has been at Yeovil.

Struggles with fitness. Thanks for the few moments of brilliance in a City shirt, the volley at Derby and a handy assist at Charlton stick out - but for me a player who we should be looking to move on.

How many of those games did he actually start....I'll tell you. LESS THAN HALF those and he's only got to start 4 games this season

Didn't show he's what we need??? I pressume you missed Cardiff cup game then? Came on played well and scored.....didn't then get on the pitch for another month despite some very bad results, yet another player who was treated shabby by the former manager.

He's regularly come in and done well only to then vanish off the face of the earth again.

Has plenty of ability as he's shown when given the chance, but others with less ability have been favored despite offering less on the field.

How many of those games did he actually start....I'll tell you. LESS THAN HALF those and he's only got to start 4 games this season

Didn't show he's what we need??? I pressume you missed Cardiff cup game then? Came on played well and scored.....didn't then get on the pitch for another month despite some very bad results, yet another player who was treated shabby by the former manager.

He's regularly come in and done well only to then vanish off the face of the earth again.

Has plenty of ability as he's shown when given the chance, but others with less ability have been favored despite offering less on the field.

totally agree most people seem to have forgotten that he has only played a handful of games, i certainly remember that late blast to snatch a replay at cardiff!

No need for the attitude, I know exactly how many games he's started in a City shirt and it's given me ample opportunity to form an opinion on him. I'm well aware he has ability, so does Ronaldinho and he's been shit for years.

For as many games as he's come on and looked decent he has also had some absolute stinkers in a City shirt where he has displayed the concentration span of a hyper-active 4 year old child. I remember him being particularly poor in a game he started at QPR on Boxing Day.

It's a shame because he has the potential to excite but hasn't proved to me that he can do the business for any longer than a short period of time. I believe Ipswich fans formed a similar view.

Not the sort of player we need if we are serious about winning promotion next season. Same goes for Lee Johnson.

Both can leave in the summer.

We need to build our midfield next season around Hartley, Skuse and Elliott with the new manager bringing in one more creative midfielder to challenge Hartley. That's your central midfield quartet.

Couldn't agree more, cracking post.

No need for the attitude, I know exactly how many games he's started in a City shirt and it's given me ample opportunity to form an opinion on him. I'm well aware he has ability, so does Ronaldinho and he's been shit for years.

For as many games as he's come on and looked decent he has also had some absolute stinkers in a City shirt where he has displayed the concentration span of a hyper-active 4 year old child. I remember him being particularly poor in a game he started at QPR on Boxing Day.

It's a shame because he has the potential to excite but hasn't proved to me that he can do the business for any longer than a short period of time. I believe Ipswich fans formed a similar view.

you were basing him on being poor based on 49 games, imply that's how many he played to prove that he's not good enough, when in fact he's start less than half so distorts a balanced view.

Particulary Poor at QPR. Yes much like the entire team on that day in what was a dreadful overall performance, (technically though he did get an assit) Prime example of Williams luck at City, one bad game and out the team, whereas others will get 2/3/4 games do nothing and keep their place.

just another central midfielder who was mismanaged for spells during his time at City in favor of others....much like Noble/Carle/Hartley

Particulary Poor at QPR. Yes much like the entire team on that day in what was a dreadful overall performance, (technically though he did get an assit) Prime example of Williams luck at City, one bad game and out the team, whereas others will get 2/3/4 games do nothing and keep their place.

'Dreadful' performance? That proves to me that you weren't there then. The team performance was actually pretty good, we certainly didn't deserve to get beaten. Williams was poor end of.

Perhaps you could divulge into how he was mismanaged? What do you know about his fitness levels at City?

I think because he has only made bit part appearances, he has looked a bit part player.

For me,has got ability but not the physique for championship football, seems to lack stamina.

It doesn`t matter if the your supposed to be the ball winner or ball player, you need to able to win tackles.

nb

Was at fault for the first QPR goal against us(away).

CTID

I think Williams is better than LJ in just about every department.

I'm fairly sure that Williams has _never_ started in the middle of a 442 in his time at City.

Since that's his best position I would suggest he ought to have a chance there.

I doubt we will keep either once the new guy is in though.

Nail hit firmly on head.

Archived