IGNORED

Coppel Ex Players (merged)

internetjef

I was having a think earlier about players Coppell used to have playing for him that are still around and might be available?

As we all know managers do have a habit of looking at old players who have brough them succes before.

EDIT - I know he isnt our manager yet but ther eis some serious rumouring going on

I had a look at readings promotion squad and theres a couple of names that might not be unthinkable.

Kitson - not good enough for prem and gets limited games at stoke. Coppell knew how to get the best out of the most ginger man in footie. Could be a good season long loan option as he is big enough to count as target man but technically good enough on the deck so it wouldnt be hooftastic!

Sonko - Gets limited games at Hull and at 29 years old would be a dream commanding centreback to marshall the defence and take over from carey. Spose he could be on biggish wages though, and also if Hull go down they might need to keep him.

Convey - Was amazing for reading (albeit injury prone). Plays back in the states now for San Jose, not sure if hes any good these days but if he is would be well worth a look.

There are others who would obviously be great to have here but i think they are prob out of our reach either financially or due to being at bigger clubs

any thoughts?

Comes in...... We know that he's our new manager and we show the world our new Adidas kit. But who would you like the new man to sign in the summer?

Where do you think we need to strengthen our squad? And who would you like to be sold and at what price?

I'll start.

I'd give him a crack at signing a decent forward for once. We need someone who can command the box, so a decent centre back. I'm actually fine with our midfield the way it is.

I would sell Jamie Mac £200,000, send back Sno, PA, Sawyer etc. I would tell Trundle to do one and maybe accept a bid of £1m plus for Skuse.

I'm a fan of Nathan Tyson and Kris Commons and would love to see them in a city shirt.

Got a little bit exciting for a split second you tease laugh.gif

I would like us to get another striker in, and a new LB. Maybe Sawyer will get a chance before the end of the season, and he could be that new LB, especially with JCR out this weekend, he may slot into the left wb role.

Dont agree with selling Skuse he has been really solid this season. Also a new CB names like Sonko and Ingimarsson have been thrown around already, could see one of them coming in if SC takes charge

Comes in...... We know that he's our new manager and we show the world our new Adidas kit. But who would you like the new man to sign in the summer?

Where do you think we need to strengthen our squad? And who would you like to be sold and at what price?

I'll start.

I'd give him a crack at signing a decent forward for once. We need someone who can command the box, so a decent centre back. I'm actually fine with our midfield the way it is.

I would sell Jamie Mac £200,000, send back Sno, PA, Sawyer etc. I would tell Trundle to do one and maybe accept a bid of £1m plus for Skuse.

I'm a fan of Nathan Tyson and Kris Commons and would love to see them in a city shirt.

Commons and Tyson are not good enough anymore, at least not for our ambition.

I'll start.

Based on your valuations, I'd sign Rooney from Man United for three pound fifty, and I'd give QPR 9 billion pounds for Agyemang.

I think the midfield and attack are fine as they are, though another winger couldn't hurt and the new manager will have to either get the best out of Sproule or replace him. I'd lose one of Williams or Johnson.

The defence needs almost a complete overhaul in my opinion.

We need a commanding centre half to replace both Carey (who is getting on) and McCombe (who isn't technically good enough).

Fontaine and Nyatanga are too similar and can't both play, though both will expect to be first team. Hence one should be sold to raise some cash.

McAllister needs competition at the very least, ideally from someone better so that McAllister can be the backup rather than the starter.

Orr should be OK with competition from Riberio.

In goal I think we are fine with Gerken and Henderson. Gerken will improve with a better defence in front of him I feel.

In goal I think we are fine with Gerken and Henderson. Gerken will improve with a better defence in front of him I feel.

I believe we are in a really strong postions with goalkeepers. Both have proved they can cut it at this level, and both of them are still young, Gerken-24? and Henderson 20/21. if we stick with these guys as our first and second choice both could develop further and become excellent keepers.

But.

Whos goin in the summer?

Macca? Got a funny feelin JCR wont be needed :/ any idea how long a contract he signed?

Whos comin in?

Director of football, someone coppell knows?

Chief Scout?

Hmm, intresting times :D.

Disagree with JCR, he's just what we needed in my opinion. Would would sell Sproule though.

Archived