IGNORED

Coppel Ex Players (merged)

internetjef

agreed. Wouldn't mind to see James Harper here although he's on loan at Sheffield United. Maybe a return of Adam Federici? I would personally like to see their left back. Can't remember his name. He's quick, got a good left foot an age on his side!

Ryan Bertrand? or is he their RB? I don't rate him personally, plus bradders is much better defensively

If SC is appointed this week I can see a summer clear out of dead wood at the club.

IMO I can see this happening:

Out

-McCombe

-Trundle

-Johnson

-Williams

-Collis

-Sno (End of loan)

-Agyemang (End of loan)

-Brian Wilson (Potential)

-Clarkson(Potential)

When SC was at Reading he did like his Irish players, so be ready for some scouting in Ireland

Sod Reading players, we should speak to our mate Colin and pinch Buszacky from QPR!

definatley, Why do people want any Reading players. Not any better to our current squad, Only players i can think of who i would at least consider is Left winger Jobi McAnuff and Adam Federici who i think once played for us (maybe promotion season).

Theres a few ex-reading players who our certainaly interesting such as long, doyle and apparently kitson is leaving stoke at the end of the season but that looks a long shot

I think Noel Hunt and (possibly) Matejovsky signed after Coppell had left and Bertrand is on loan from Chelsea. The thing is, Coppell will be able to entice a variety of players to the gate because of his reputation and if a number of them are players he's had in successful teams of the past then all the better

On the link to the Stoke clearout, Kitson, Lawrence, Tonge and Dickinson would all be great signings. But great signings cost money and i'm not convinced we'll have silly money to spend in the summer. Expect money will be available for wages for Bosmans and a few on loan

I think Noel Hunt and (possibly) Matejovsky signed after Coppell had left and Bertrand is on loan from Chelsea. The thing is, Coppell will be able to entice a variety of players to the gate because of his reputation and if a number of them are players he's had in successful teams of the past then all the better

On the link to the Stoke clearout, Kitson, Lawrence, Tonge and Dickinson would all be great signings. But great signings cost money and i'm not convinced we'll have silly money to spend in the summer. Expect money will be available for wages for Bosmans and a few on loan

Im sure there will be money to work with. Steve Lansdown is an ambitious man, with big ambitions - the stadium. As we have seen before, he has backed GJ in all windows and im sure feels Coppell is the man to lead us up. I am 100% sure he will back him financially. Coppell didn't go to Palace due to them not having money.

I was having a think earlier about players Coppell used to have playing for him that are still around and might be available?

As we all know managers do have a habit of looking at old players who have brough them succes before.

EDIT - I know he isnt our manager yet but ther eis some serious rumouring going on

I had a look at readings promotion squad and theres a couple of names that might not be unthinkable.

Kitson - not good enough for prem and gets limited games at stoke. Coppell knew how to get the best out of the most ginger man in footie. Could be a good season long loan option as he is big enough to count as target man but technically good enough on the deck so it wouldnt be hooftastic!

Sonko - Gets limited games at Hull and at 29 years old would be a dream commanding centreback to marshall the defence and take over from carey. Spose he could be on biggish wages though, and also if Hull go down they might need to keep him.

Convey - Was amazing for reading (albeit injury prone). Plays back in the states now for San Jose, not sure if hes any good these days but if he is would be well worth a look.

There are others who would obviously be great to have here but i think they are prob out of our reach either financially or due to being at bigger clubs

any thoughts?

Promotion with those players in the Championship speaks volumes to me. Wouldn't mide players of there quality to improve our already half decent side.

Kitson would be absolute quality - very good in this division, but it depends how much we're willing to part with bearing in mind he was Stoke's record signing, and will be on serious wages.

Can't see we've got any chance of Federici. Get Fraser Forster on loan for the year from Newcastle - he's been the dogs for Norwich this year.

Archived