IGNORED

Best City Goal Ever

Blimey someone who is as old and has seen as much as me....For Everyone's information it was against Carlisle in a 2-0 home winworship2.gif

That's the problem - these favourite goals exclude all other thoughts.

Who scored the other goal?

My guess either Cheese got a brace or Tom Ritchie?

That's the problem - these favourite goals exclude all other thoughts.

Who scored the other goal?

My guess either Cheese got a brace or Tom Ritchie?

An interesting question, (as I cant remember), however I think it was Bobby Gould...It may have been the one where he fell over in the box just as the ball came across to him, it hit the top of his head and bobbled over the line...However I suspect someone could look it up...Somewhere!

On the subject of great goals how about the 150 of us that saw the Carl Shutt Scissors Kick at shoulder height against Aldershot away in 89...in the 95th minute...result was 1-1 I think...

1. Rob Newman vs Newport (I think) - 30 yard volley

2. Ralph Milne vs York - long cross from left (Walsh) on to his right peg coming into edge of box, he just volleyed it over the keeper into the far corner...cue stunned silence as everyone thought "**** me"

3. Super Bob vs. Brum c.1989, only goal of game, overhead kick. Cue stunned silence again!

Honourable mention to Maynard vs QPR, a wonderful goal, great skill.

if memory serves me right, Bob Taylor's stunner against Crewe at home, just inside the halfway line back to goal, keeper off his line, ball come over he volley's it over the keeper and into the net, unfortunately he's carried off not long after, we went on to win 4-1.

Also his diving header in the 5-0 win at Swansea the same season was pretty special.

On the subject of great goals how about the 150 of us that saw the Carl Shutt Scissors Kick at shoulder height against Aldershot away in 89...in the 95th minute...result was 1-1 I think...

Was that the epic FA Cup tie in the good old days of replay after replay? Wasn't one of the 150 but I remember being in the open end at the home games. :)

Was that the epic FA Cup tie in the good old days of replay after replay? Wasn't one of the 150 but I remember being in the open end at the home games. smile.gif

Was that the game when we were all nearly electrocuted by the sheite electrics in their tin shed of a stand?

One which always sticks in my mind was Carl Shutt v Sheffield United 1988 (I think).

Playoff 2 legger, SU had finished 3 from bottom div 1, we were 5th Div 2 (the early days of playoffs when one place was the team from above division)

Walshy scored in first leg at home, 1-0.

Second leg at SU, Shutty with a superb angled diving header at full on the edge of the penalty area to make it 1-0, finshed 1-1 (2-1 on agg)

One which always sticks in my mind was Carl Shutt v Sheffield United 1988 (I think).

Playoff 2 legger, SU had finished 3 from bottom div 1, we were 5th Div 2 (the early days of playoffs when one place was the team from above division)

Walshy scored in first leg at home, 1-0.

Second leg at SU, Shutty with a superb angled diving header at full on the edge of the penalty area to make it 1-0, finshed 1-1 (2-1 on agg)

This thread is certainly a reminder of the great goals Shutty scored for us. I remember his last ever goal for City (I think it was anyway) at home to Northampton in front of the East End when he scored from a foot away from the corner flag! :winner_third_h4h:

This thread is certainly a reminder of the great goals Shutty scored for us. I remember his last ever goal for City (I think it was anyway) at home to Northampton in front of the East End when he scored from a foot away from the corner flag! winner_third_h4h.gif

One I remember for sheer excitement was Nicky Morgans goal in our first game back in this league against Kenny Dalglish's Blackburn. It was a breakaway goal with Dave "Smudger" Smith haring off down the wing and clipping a great cross into the middle to be met by Morgan diving full length to head the ball home. I think that made it 4-2 after we had been 1-2 down. I was stood in the enclosure and it was scored in front of what is now the Atyeo. Gives me shivers just thinking about it dancing6.gif

I also remember Mick Harford scoring with a header from the edge of the 18 yards box against Brentford away, bulleted in under the bar.

I never saw Atyeo, my watching career started in '66 but John Galley scored some stunning goals, particularly one against Orient that I swear the goalkeeper dived away from when he saw it coming!

One I remember for sheer excitement was Nicky Morgans goal in our first game back in this league against Kenny Dalglish's Blackburn. It was a breakaway goal with Dave "Smudger" Smith haring off down the wing and clipping a great cross into the middle to be met by Morgan diving full length to head the ball home. I think that made it 4-2 after we had been 1-2 down. I was stood in the enclosure and it was scored in front of what is now the Atyeo. Gives me shivers just thinking about it dancing6.gif

I also remember Mick Harford scoring with a header from the edge of the 18 yards box against Brentford away, bulleted in under the bar.

I never saw Atyeo, my watching career started in '66 but John Galley scored some stunning goals, particularly one against Orient that I swear the goalkeeper dived away from when he saw it coming!

Ah Nicky Morgan, An under rated strong striker with a good football brain, Would loved to have seen him at BCFC in his pomp.

Mick Harford a real handful always gave 100%.

Yeah I was in the old open end for that one. Cracking day! :chant6ez:

if memory serves me right, Bob Taylor's stunner against Crewe at home, just inside the halfway line back to goal, keeper off his line, ball come over he volley's it over the keeper and into the net, unfortunately he's carried off not long after, we went on to win 4-1.

Also his diving header in the 5-0 win at Swansea the same season was pretty special.

Remember that - if I remember correctly, the Crewe 1 was abit special too curled into the top corner in front of the park end.....

Archived