IGNORED

Evander Sno

citylad05

What are you basing this on?

Personally I say keep him.

Sorry just realised he is out of contract in the summer. If Wikepedia is to be believed then he signed a 3 year deal with Ajax in 08 meaning he will be out of conract come July. So if he wants to stay we could get him on a free by the looks of things.

Like i said i dont rate him, but on a free it could be worth a shout with nothing to lose.

I think he is a quality player but have we seen him play a run of games in central midfield? No. He has been put on the left time and time again which is a great way to waste a decent player.

My thoughts exactly. It always frustrated me how he was wasted out wide under Gary. It's no surprise that some of his best performances came from the middle, and in fact his goals to games ratio when playing CM must be very good, as against Barnsley, Leicester and the brief time he was on the pitch against Preston he scored on all three occasions.

Evander Sno is a decent player....In Holland or Even Italy

However we play in a High Tempo League which relies on movement quick feet and strong tackling...

Does Evander fit any of these prerequisits to Championship life!?

You could make a case that his ability to find a pass is an asset, but he didn't actually find too many telling balls this season...Sno would be no more than a bit part for when Hartley..Elliot and Skuse are injured and IMO not enough of an asset to keep

You know its a little like the Wilkshire situation...an obviously good player, playing in a league he hated and was not suited for and as such his contribution was extremely limited!

I'm not so sure you're correct in your judgement. Imo, I believe it's down to the manager and style of football we play.

Look at Swansea for example. Half of their team is Dutch, Spanish and Argentinian. They play passing flowing football and get results.

Sno got found wanting on the ball, when he was looking for a pass or forward run. Often he had no option but to either hoof it up to a static front two in hope, or make backwards passes ala LJ.

If he had some quality around him, things would be different.

At the moment our team is based around speed and not quality football. Unfortunately it leaves us weak down the flanks and very one dimensional. The space between our fullbacks and wingers is being exploited by every opponant.

Hopefully, we get a manager that see's this and get's us playing football again, instead of hoof ball and kick and chase...'cos we've got speedy players.

I know i might get a bit of stick for this post.....BUT.... i honestly think the big guy should be signed permanently he is so skilful powerful! Personally i think the more games he plays for us the more he'l get used to playing our way. When and if he gets a chance to play in his natural position again he will be a great signing and be the Evander Sno we seen him playing for AJAX against us. You might laugh, but ive had couple of weeks of work and been down to watch the reserves play and the man has been 10 times above the rest of the players and has been outstanding also loan signing Gary Sawyer he seemed to organize the young defence we had there. Hopefully if Coppell comes in he will get the best out of the players! Millen has done a very good job since GJ left, but we definetly Coppell in! Looking at Scunny defeat... I wouldve sooner seen Sawyer at left side and maybe putting Fontaine in the middle along with Carey and Orr leaving youngster Ribiero on the bench. Dont get me wrong Ribiero has been good since coming in and having a chance to play, but i think he was a bit far from what we have seen from him in other games. I cant wait for next season already, hopefully Coppell in great signings in and hopefully move to the Premier League after 35 years now if i am correct. Enjoy don't abuse icecream.gif

That question should be answered by the new manager.

Sno, Saborio and Clarkson were all poor signings in my opinion. A big clear out involving 3/4 of the current squad should include all of them.

That question should be answered by the new manager.

Sno, Saborio and Clarkson were all poor signings in my opinion. A big clear out involving 3/4 of the current squad should include all of them.

Saborio has allready gone. Clarkson has looked decent enough and clearing out 20 players from a squad thats finished above midtable is a ridiculous overreaction.

Saborio has allready gone. Clarkson has looked decent enough and clearing out 20 players from a squad thats finished above midtable is a ridiculous overreaction.

15 000 spare seats in the new stadium. People not interested in watching this kind of football.

Hopefully we can get a working scout force a la Reading.

15 000 spare seats in the new stadium. People not interested in watching this kind of football.

Hopefully we can get a working scout force a la Reading.

You dont get rid of 20 players overnight who've done a decent job. Ridiculous.

How many games have you seen to make this judgement?

I personally think Sno is a fantastic player.

However, imo, Sno under GJ wasn't used properly. He looked confused at times. He probably can't wait to get back to Ajax and play football with some quality players who move off the ball and provide link up play. He got caught out many times on the ball this season, whilst looking for a pass. There was often nothing on apart from hoofing it up to two Stationary forwards with their back to Goal.

Whatever happened to Forwards tracking back to 'collect' the pass, and creating space behind...? So simple, but so affective.

I think it's more a case of whether Sno wants us, not the other way...

I reckon someone like Coppell could develop a nice footballing team around him, but it won't happen.

I would personally hope that "someone like Coppell" would want to "develop a nice footballing team around him".

Sno has had loads of good games. I can remember at least 4 MoMs.

He's also had a few bad ones including a couple recently that seem to have stuck in everyone's mind. His fitness has been questionable for most of the season too.

I think the guy has so much talent and strength that, if used right, he's practically unstoppable.

We have a whole bunch of good CMs but I don't think any provide the attacking options that Sno can.

If we can get him for anything like a million, it's a bargain.

I would personally hope that "someone like Coppell" would want to "develop a nice footballing team around him".

Sno has had loads of good games. I can remember at least 4 MoMs.

He's also had a few bad ones including a couple recently that seem to have stuck in everyone's mind. His fitness has been questionable for most of the season too.

I think the guy has so much talent and strength that, if used right, he's practically unstoppable.

We have a whole bunch of good CMs but I don't think any provide the attacking options that Sno can.

If we can get him for anything like a million, it's a bargain.

I totally agree.

He is a fantastic Footballer.

His pedigree is unquestionable.

We have an International player who is young and Talented. Under GJ, we let another one go, Saborio, who will be playing in the World Cup this year. We should be looking to build a team around talented players like these.

Instead, we bring in like for like type players, year in, year out.Everything is average. Some will leave this summer and be replaced by someone similar.

This Myth that Championship football is won by playing fast huff and puff football is old hat.

Quality International players like Sno and Saborio are what we need more of, and a manager that wants to play modern football.

When you look at the likes of West Brom and Newcastle, these are the Benchmarks we should be aiming for, not run of the mill 'Championship style' players that will lead to another mid table average season.

Thinking outside the box and not following the crowd would help.

I've mentioned Swansea before...I admire them for going down the route they have taken.

They are developing a talented footballing squad on a budget, that is like no other in the Championship.

They play attractive football, that get results. The fans are happy and entertained, and the Squad is still young and developing.

I would love us to follow suit...

I totally agree.

He is a fantastic Footballer.

His pedigree is unquestionable.

We have an International player who is young and Talented. Under GJ, we let another one go, Saborio, who will be playing in the World Cup this year. We should be looking to build a team around talented players like these.

Instead, we bring in like for like type players, year in, year out.Everything is average. Some will leave this summer and be replaced by someone similar.

This Myth that Championship football is won by playing fast huff and puff football is old hat.

Quality International players like Sno and Saborio are what we need more of, and a manager that wants to play modern football.

When you look at the likes of West Brom and Newcastle, these are the Benchmarks we should be aiming for, not run of the mill 'Championship style' players that will lead to another mid table average season.

Thinking outside the box and not following the crowd would help.

I've mentioned Swansea before...I admire them for going down the route they have taken.

They are developing a talented footballing squad on a budget, that is like no other in the Championship.

They play attractive football, that get results. The fans are happy and entertained, and the Squad is still young and developing.

I would love us to follow suit...

Think you are heading in the right direction. Costa Rica is not in the World Cup though.

I was excited when i heard that Sno was signing for the reds but unfortunately his best game was when Ajax beat us

in pre-season. If GJ had played him as a defensive midfielder, in front of the back four, as Ajax did then maybe we would

be desperate to keep him at the club and we would probably be looking forward to the play-offs. We missed McCombe when

we played against teams with powerful centre forwards and i'm afraid Louis has seen better days. Christian Ribeiro and Liam

Fontaine are a shoe-in next season but Jamie McAllister needs competition and Bradley Orr isn't good enough.

As long as we can keep Ribeiro, Fontaine, Elliott, Clarkson, Maynard, Scuse and Hartley then Coppell can build the squad around

them. If Coppell can pinch Ingimarsson and Sigurdsson from Reading that would be a good start

Cum on you reds

Archived