IGNORED

Evander Sno

citylad05

I know i might get a bit of stick for this post.....BUT.... i honestly think the big guy should be signed permanently he is so skilful powerful! Personally i think the more games he plays for us the more he'l get used to playing our way. When and if he gets a chance to play in his natural position again he will be a great signing and be the Evander Sno we seen him playing for AJAX against us. You might laugh, but ive had couple of weeks of work and been down to watch the reserves play and the man has been 10 times above the rest of the players and has been outstanding also loan signing Gary Sawyer he seemed to organize the young defence we had there. Hopefully if Coppell comes in he will get the best out of the players! Millen has done a very good job since GJ left, but we definetly Coppell in! Looking at Scunny defeat... I wouldve sooner seen Sawyer at left side and maybe putting Fontaine in the middle along with Carey and Orr leaving youngster Ribiero on the bench. Dont get me wrong Ribiero has been good since coming in and having a chance to play, but i think he was a bit far from what we have seen from him in other games. I cant wait for next season already, hopefully Coppell in great signings in and hopefully move to the Premier League after 35 years now if i am correct. Enjoy don't abuse icecream.gif

I know i might get a bit of stick for this post.....BUT.... i honestly think the big guy should be signed permanently he is so skilful powerful! Personally i think the more games he plays for us the more he'l get used to playing our way. When and if he gets a chance to play in his natural position again he will be a great signing and be the Evander Sno we seen him playing for AJAX against us. You might laugh, but ive had couple of weeks of work and been down to watch the reserves play and the man has been 10 times above the rest of the players and has been outstanding also loan signing Gary Sawyer he seemed to organize the young defence we had there. Hopefully if Coppell comes in he will get the best out of the players! Millen has done a very good job since GJ left, but we definetly Coppell in! Looking at Scunny defeat... I wouldve sooner seen Sawyer at left side and maybe putting Fontaine in the middle along with Carey and Orr leaving youngster Ribiero on the bench. Dont get me wrong Ribiero has been good since coming in and having a chance to play, but i think he was a bit far from what we have seen from him in other games. I cant wait for next season already, hopefully Coppell in great signings in and hopefully move to the Premier League after 35 years now if i am correct. Enjoy don't abuse icecream.gif

Wouldnt mind the big man around for anthor season. We all know hes got bags of ability, hes had a season to settle and with a good pre season and getting abit fitter he could be a top player for us.

For the money Ajax will be asking i would say thanks but no thanks. I dont think he has shown enough this season to warrant the million plus they would want. Some fans seem to rave about him but personally i just dont think he is suited to the Championship.

I can see where you are coming from, and recognize that he could potentially do well for us if given regular starts, but it would be a no for me. Sno has the physical attributes, I'm not sure he has the ability to adapt to a quicker tempo and seems to want far too much time on the ball as well as looking clumsy at times. Good player, but too inconsistent and not right for the club IMO.

For the money Ajax will be asking i would say thanks but no thanks. I dont think he has shown enough this season to warrant the million plus they would want. Some fans seem to rave about him but personally i just dont think he is suited to the Championship.

I feeel exactly the same as you.

Didn't Martin Jol tell GJ he could sign him for £4 Million? He really was incredible that night he played for Ajax against us but sadly he never showed that kind of form again. I remember reading a quote from a Celtic fan saying he was the laziest player he'd ever seen, it's a shame it didn't work out. I don't think we'll see him again after Saturday.

Dont think theres any need for Sno

we already have 3 quality centre mids in Hartley, Skuse and Elliot. Plus we have LJ (cue abuse :laugh:) and even WIlliams is still on books for cover. If we go for another centre mid i think it needs to be a proper attacking goalscorer. Very much a championship level Gerrard or Lampard if you will ha ha (because of course they are easy to find).

Sno doesnt add much for me, flashes of quality but never consistent, dont think he has adapted to the team/league that well and no doubt contract would be massive.

anyone know of any good young central attacking midfielders possibly in league 1 who we could pinch. hopefully coppel knows :laugh:

Sno is a classy player whose coaching/development in Dutch football is obvious. He's strong holds up the ball very well and is difficult to disposess.He rarely gives the ball away. I don't think we saw him playing in his best position under our previous manager, he's hardly going to able to effect the game wide left as much in the middle and yet he scored more goals from open play than the others.

City have a decent midfield with Hartley, Elliot and Skuse but none of them will play every game which is where Sno would be an asset. The question are, 1) whether Sno wants to stay at City. 2) whether City could afford him 3) Whether the new manager would rate him highly enough to want to keep him.

Personally I would like to see him stay.

I personally think Sno is a fantastic player.

However, imo, Sno under GJ wasn't used properly. He looked confused at times. He probably can't wait to get back to Ajax and play football with some quality players who move off the ball and provide link up play. He got caught out many times on the ball this season, whilst looking for a pass. There was often nothing on apart from hoofing it up to two Stationary forwards with their back to Goal.

Whatever happened to Forwards tracking back to 'collect' the pass, and creating space behind...? So simple, but so affective.

I think it's more a case of whether Sno wants us, not the other way...

I reckon someone like Coppell could develop a nice footballing team around him, but it won't happen.

Unfortunately people will remember Sno having to play GJ panic style football, and not for his sublime technical skills and awareness off the ball. Unfairly judged by many on here.

Imo Swansea City manager Paulo Sousa would have had him purring in the Championship. Shame...

Didn't Martin Jol tell GJ he could sign him for £4 Million? He really was incredible that night he played for Ajax against us but sadly he never showed that kind of form again. .

You have to remember the game was a pre season game with no tackling and no closing down. When the "real" games were played we found out that he isnt suited to the English Championship.

I've always rated Sno and believe he is one of the most gifted players playing for us. When played in CM I think he's done very well and he clearly has bags of ability. However as others have said he'll probably cost a fair bit, and I'm not even sure if he'd want to stay tbh. I'll be VERY surprised if we do keep him but at the right price I believe he'd be an excellent additon!

Sorry, it's a no for me.

He is technically excellent and does offer something that our other first choice central midfielders don't in that there is the possibility of the odd shot on goal, but he's too slow, too lightweight in the tackle and would cost far too much of our available budget, so although a goalscoring midfielder has to be part of our summer wishlist I wouldn't want it to be him.

I like Sno and I think with an intensive pre-season fitness regime he would prove to be a brilliant player for us next season. However, firstly I think he would cost too much and secondly, even if Coppell or anyone else is appointed shortly it seems that they won't be starting work until the summer, by which time he will have left anyway. That doesn't mean we couldn't sign him, but I think once out of sight it will be a case of out of mind.

He's strong holds up the ball very well and is difficult to disposess.He rarely gives the ball away.

I am not sure we're talking about the same player.

Did you see him at home to Reading?

Did you see him when he came on vs Newcastle?

Gave the ball about near on everytime he had it.

He also gets hustled off the ball very easily because he wants far too much time!!!!

What are you basing this on?

Personally I say keep him.

Sno is a classy player whose coaching/development in Dutch football is obvious. He's strong holds up the ball very well and is difficult to disposess.He rarely gives the ball away.

I accept that you've seen more of him than I have but I saw him play in the home game with Reading before Christmas and he couldn't pass the ball 5 yards to a red shirt. Nearly every single time it went to the opposition or simply into touch. I can accept that this may have been an off game but he was simply terrible. I don't buy the argument that he was being played out of position either. He may not have been at his happiest playing out on the left of midfield but that's no excuse for such an appalling performance. Nicky Maynard could be played at centre half and I'd still expect him to be able to find a red shirt with a simple pass.

I've seen him in a few other games and whilst he's never been quite as terrible he's never stood out as any better than anyone else either. I'd have him on a free transfer and an average wage but I wouldn't go out of my way to sign him. There are many better players out there.

I accept that you've seen more of him than I have but I saw him play in the home game with Reading before Christmas and he couldn't pass the ball 5 yards to a red shirt. Nearly every single time it went to the opposition or simply into touch. I can accept that this may have been an off game but he was simply terrible.

EXACTLY!

In one spell he almost caused three goals with giving the ball straight to their player.

He also shirked out of 50/50s, he was dis-possessed several times and we got caught.

He just isn't suited to us and he rarely has good games in my opinion.

He isn't what we need.

I accept that you've seen more of him than I have but I saw him play in the home game with Reading before Christmas and he couldn't pass the ball 5 yards to a red shirt. Nearly every single time it went to the opposition or simply into touch. I can accept that this may have been an off game but he was simply terrible. I don't buy the argument that he was being played out of position either. He may not have been at his happiest playing out on the left of midfield but that's no excuse for such an appalling performance. Nicky Maynard could be played at centre half and I'd still expect him to be able to find a red shirt with a simple pass.

I've seen him in a few other games and whilst he's never been quite as terrible he's never stood out as any better than anyone else either. I'd have him on a free transfer and an average wage but I wouldn't go out of my way to sign him. There are many better players out there.

Looking through this thread the views on Sno are polarised. Not many other players cause quite so much diversity.

Picking out one poor game out of all his appearances is hardly a fair assesment of his abilty. All players have below par games. Form is temporary, class is perminent.

Evander Sno is a decent player....In Holland or Even Italy

However we play in a High Tempo League which relies on movement quick feet and strong tackling...

Does Evander fit any of these prerequisits to Championship life!?

You could make a case that his ability to find a pass is an asset, but he didn't actually find too many telling balls this season...Sno would be no more than a bit part for when Hartley..Elliot and Skuse are injured and IMO not enough of an asset to keep

You know its a little like the Wilkshire situation...an obviously good player, playing in a league he hated and was not suited for and as such his contribution was extremely limited!

Picking out one poor game out of all his appearances is hardly a fair assesment of his abilty. All players have below par games. Form is temporary, class is perminent.

Perhaps you could pick one good game out of all his appearances? I can think of Leicester away, where the whole team was excellent, one pre-season game in which he was playing for Ajax and a couple of reserve games.

If his class and Dutch training are so obvious I would expect them to show themselves a bit more. Frankly I think I was just expecting a bit more from a player with his supposed pedigree, not just a bigger version of Lee Johnson (who at least has an excuse for being knocked off the ball and beaten in the air).

What I do like about him is his movement off the ball, which is excellent. Maybe, given time, a partnership of Hartley and Sno could develop into something brilliant but where does that leave the likes of Elliot, Skuse and Johnson?

Like Johnson, Sno seems to be a decent player who is neither tough-tackling, nor a sufficiently brilliant creative force to justify his shortcomings. He needs to add to his game.

On the plus side, he's still young and will certainly get better. As I said in my first post, on a free transfer and an average wage I'd happily have him, but I wouldn't pay millions for a player who offers nothing more than any of our other midfielders.

Watched a strong reserve team play today. OK maybe not up against a good opposition..BUT once again Sno was above the rest different class but then again so was Patrick Ageymang says how good they are? or how bad exeter was lollolololol!!!! PLEASE DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER innocent06.gif

Archived