IGNORED

And For Another Perspective....

The Chaplain

They actually seam quite worried about the gap forming between us now, at least there isnt people on ther just slagging us off, they seem genuine fans who realise this is a massive coup for us.

True, some decent views there, fair play to them. It just goes to show how it all comes from the top, the real difference in the clubs is not on the pitch or the terraces but in the boardroom. I remember when SL was talking about ground sharing a few years ago, he said how he had spoken to the rovers board but had been disappointed by their (lack of) ambition, to me that said it all.

We've a lot to thank SL for!

I really remember the bitter rivalry between us and the gas when I was younger. Sometimes these days it is very easy to forget they even exist, how times have changed. Bring on the new era!

Bristol Rovers have to get promoted to become our rivals now :-)

They have to earn the right to be one of our rivals :-) same with Swinedon.

I feel more rivalry with Cardiff at the moment.

I hope Rovers fans don't become like the bitter twisted Scottish fans getting more entertainment from another team losing than their team winning. That would be a really sad day for them and football in general.

I hope Rovers fans don't become like the bitter twisted Scottish fans getting more entertainment from another team losing than their team winning. That would be a really sad day for them and football in general.

They are turning into that now. I know quite a few sags that have the attitude of ''aslong as City are doing shite im happy''. Its quite sad really.

At least reading through that rovers thread they have finally come to terms witth the fact that we are miles ahead of them. The new stadium will just be the final kick in the teeth for them aswell.

The thing is (as a few of there fans highlighted) they are now really going to struggle to attract the young kids in Bristol who are undecided who to support. Obviously they have there hardcore 4 or 5 thousand, but for them to tap into to the floating undecided support in Bristol is looking an impossible task.

All in all Rovers dont really bother me tbh, i feel quite sorry for them in a way.

Credit where it's due, I have to say most of their comments are intelligent and reasonable (cough, splutter). I am also struck by their realism about what their club can reasonably do without a Steve L of their own. Stark contrast to Plymouth fans apparently believing they could have competed for Steve C after being relegated. :rofl2br:

Er....the ones I have the misfortune to know have been like that for many, many years now.

Become? Surely you mean "continue to be"?

A bit of realism creeping in about their support as well - East Bristol (well, Fishponds) only. Although some still misguided enough to still think Horfield is a heartland. Far more Reds than Sags in this area from my experience.

the blue few are pitiful...genuinely pitiful...thank heavens I wasn't brought up supporting them!! Nothing worse (for them) than feeling sorry for your so say "rivals"...

There's one team in Bristol - the Gas are down there with the egg chasers as far as the national reputation is concerned...not on the radar at all...

Archived