IGNORED

And From Another (another) Perspective...

ollywhyte

What an odd comment on that thread:

Trust me he aint going to be there long, i have a mate ex Director who is still partially involved with the club, and the biggest problem there is to much involvement with the team from the Directors, i cant see this going to well from SSC's point of view

Trust me he aint going to be there long, i have a mate ex Director who is still partially involved with the club, and the biggest problem there is to much involvement with the team from the Directors, i cant see this going to well from SSC's point of view

Thought the same, I think we'd have heard something about this......wouldn't we??

Utter nonsense, don't listen to it, honestly guys, we know that simply is not true.

Just spouting crap. He probably knows no directors and is talking out of his ass.

Just spouting crap. He probably knows no directors and is talking out of his ass.

Agree, probably the same "royal in peace" who was on here the other day posting threads saying he new sources close to Coppell and that he would not take the job due to the EP

interesting perspectives - thanks for posting them...

my thoughts...

Argyle...do they really think they are bigger than us?? Bizarre...they've no potential whatsoever...they'll do well to get back in the Championship...

Palace - they're about the 8th biggest team in London...no comparison with the profile in their area of us, or Norwich, or Southampton or even Rochdale...pick up the London Evening Standard any evening (as I do) and you won't see a word about Palace...

Reading - third tier club with no fans but a rich owner...they'll nose dive the moment he loses his interest...

Firstly can I say that as a Royals fans I come here in peace and not to argue or be a WUM.

Reading - third tier club with no fans but a rich owner...they'll nose dive the moment he loses his interest...

Typical arrogant comment and you have been third tier a lot more recently that us and when was the last time you achieved higher attandances than us? Please show some more respect.

As for our rich owner, he has onwed the club for over 17 years and has turned it into a self financing business. He doesn't need to put his money in anymore. So when he sells, which he will, our club will just carry on as normal. Madejski himself has said he will only sell to someone a lot richer than himself and that person also has to be suitable (He has already turned down numerous approaches including the new owner of Birmingham).

A bit confsed as to why Reading think their a bigger club than us and see us as rivals? :S

Might be something to do with the fact that you haven't finished above us in the league for quite a number of seasons and we have been in the Premier League recently.

Alexi_the_Eagle]My respect for Stevie has just gone right out the window now that he's the manager of those cheating inbred hobbits at Brizzle City' date= hope he can live with the guilt of turning down the chance to manage us. Steve, you sold us out and i hope you live with it, but we'll be back, you'll see.:laugh: I love the fact that they call us cheaters, the referee wasn't one of us. Ever since Warnock went to Crystal Palace my dislike for them has grown and grown.

Interesting, I'd love some big signings but I always worry about expensive flops.

Firstly can I say that as a Royals fans I come here in peace and not to argue or be a WUM.

Typical arrogant comment and you have been third tier a lot more recently that us and when was the last time you achieved higher attandances than us? Please show some more respect.

As for our rich owner, he has onwed the club for over 17 years and has turned it into a self financing business. He doesn't need to put his money in anymore. So when he sells, which he will, our club will just carry on as normal. Madejski himself has said he will only sell to someone a lot richer than himself and that person also has to be suitable (He has already turned down numerous approaches including the new owner of Birmingham).

Might be something to do with the fact that you haven't finished above us in the league for quite a number of seasons and we have been in the Premier League recently.

It's interesting, what makes a club 'bigger'? stadium size, average gate, cup history, recent league positions, Premier League history etc? All of those criteria make Palace and Reading bigger clubs than us.

If we talk in terms of potential...I believe that's another matter. Palace may not even exist soon and Reading is always going to be a nice club, but a bit boring.

Give us our new stadium and a few years for Coppello to build a squad we will be better placed to sustain Premier League football.

It's interesting, what makes a club 'bigger'? stadium size, average gate, cup history, recent league positions, Premier League history etc? All of those criteria make Palace and Reading bigger clubs than us.

If we talk in terms of potential...I believe that's another matter. Palace may not even exist soon and Reading is always going to be a nice club, but a bit boring.

Give us our new stadium and a few years for Coppello to build a squad we will be better placed to sustain Premier League football.

I wasn't saying we are bigger I wasjust explaining why some fanshave that view. The size of a club is irrlevant in my and isn't even a topic worth discussing.

As for sustaining Premier League football, that issomething that is very diificult to achieve and is something that Coppell has NEVER acheived. He can get teams promoted, he can have great first seasons in the top flight but then he runs out of ideas. He stays very loyal to the players that got you there and doesn't like dropping his chosen few even if they are no longer delivering. He even admits this as being a weakness that he has.

I wasn't saying we are bigger I wasjust explaining why some fanshave that view. The size of a club is irrlevant in my and isn't even a topic worth discussing.

As for sustaining Premier League football, that issomething that is very diificult to achieve and is something that Coppell has NEVER acheived. He can get teams promoted, he can have great first seasons in the top flight but then he runs out of ideas. He stays very loyal to the players that got you there and doesn't like dropping his chosen few even if they are no longer delivering. He even admits this as being a weakness that he has.

1. Well your sat on the fence now, but your first post suggested that your opinion was that you were a 'bigger' club, anyway...

2. Agreed, the record isn't great, but SC is an intelligent man, and one capable of learning from his mistakes. If he were to get us to the Premier League (and that is a big IF) I would hope his previous experiences would put him in a much better position to create Premier League stability. As he said himself in an interview, there is no magic formula and too many variables in football.

Look at Allardyce for example, looked great at Bolton, got Newcastle relegated and now doing well at Blackburn. Just because you do one thing with one club, doesn't mean you will do it with another.

1. Well your sat on the fence now, but your first post suggested that your opinion was that you were a 'bigger' club, anyway...

2. Agreed, the record isn't great, but SC is an intelligent man, and one capable of learning from his mistakes. If he were to get us to the Premier League (and that is a big IF) I would hope his previous experiences would put him in a much better position to create Premier League stability. As he said himself in an interview, there is no magic formula and too many variables in football.

Look at Allardyce for example, looked great at Bolton, got Newcastle relegated and now doing well at Blackburn. Just because you do one thing with one club, doesn't mean you will do it with another.

Regarding point 1, that wasn't my intention.

As for your second point, he has had plenty of opportunities to learn from his mistake of being too loyal to certain players and he hasn't done yet (read the book by Stuart Roach and you will see it goes right back to his first stint at Palace). I believe he will get you to the Premier League, probably not next season as it normally takes him time to get the squad playing how he wants, but when it does you wil see something special happen on the pitch, and whatever he says there is a magic formula and he knows what it is. Luckily for us he seems to have let McDermott have the recipe.......

Regarding point 1, that wasn't my intention.

As for your second point, he has had plenty of opportunities to learn from his mistake of being too loyal to certain players and he hasn't done yet (read the book by Stuart Roach and you will see it goes right back to his first stint at Palace). I believe he will get you to the Premier League, probably not next season as it normally takes him time to get the squad playing how he wants, but when it does you wil see something special happen on the pitch, and whatever he says there is a magic formula and he knows what it is. Luckily for us he seems to have let McDermott have the recipe.......

certainly interesting times ahead!

Show some respect? Seriously if you think your plastic club is bigger than us you are seriously deluded.

Archived