IGNORED

Next Season,

terjon

Next Season Could be our year,

With out a doubt, if you look at the teams coming down from prem and up from div 1,

Portsmouth, totally skint,

Hull, in trouble with money aswell,

Burnley, not great,

Norwich need to step up

Leeds, hit and miss

Bristol City, established CCC side with a good squad,

A new Manager who knows how to win this league, who also has lots of contacts in the prem and should be able to bring in the 4 -5 quality players we need to push on...........

Although the CCC is never easy, surely next season could be our best ever chance to get to the Prem,

Any thoughts guys?

yes, it could be but we really got to sort out the defence if we seriously want to challenge for promotion and i dont think deano is good enough imo i think hendo is much better in my eyes and was shocked that he didnt start in goal yesterday, but hey we have a new manager,a great chairman,a top assitant and a new stadium on the way and even if we dont make it next year, Premier League is not far away.

As much as I agree the championship should be very open next year we need to give Coppell some time. He is bound to make changes and not all of them are likely to work straight away. We have a squad that is good enough to make the play offs with a couple of new signings (particularly new centre back) but we don't want to set expectations too high or we may be disappointed.

Coppell even said in his first interview that it took him over 2 years to create a very good squad at Reading where he was so successful. So i'm not expecting too much next season, play offs at best.

Beat me too it!

Yes as City fans we clearly have a lot to look forward to in the coming season and yes (as raised) the Chamionship doesnt look set to have any stand out candidates for automatic promotion as it has in the past few seasons.

I think while no-one is trying to spoil the party and excitement which is rightly around the place at the moment we must keep our feet firmly on the ground! lets all remember the squad member #12 who is arguably the most influencial player on match days!?!? Lets get behind the new management, players and who knows where we might be in 12 months?!

:city::city::city::city::city::city:

With out a doubt, if you look at the teams coming down from prem and up from div 1,

Burnley, not great,

Norwich need to step up

Leeds, hit and miss

A new Manager who knows how to win this league, who also has lots of contacts in the prem and should be able to bring in the 4 -5 quality players we need to push on...........

Although the CCC is never easy, surely next season could be our best ever chance to get to the Prem,

Any thoughts guys?

Its the N-PowerChampionship next year? :P

Agree with all above,

This should be a great time to get behind the Club,

Granted Coppell will need time and not everything will work straight off, but for the first time in ages the teams coming down will have to off load big time just to survive,

So if we can start well who knows.

Its looks perfect on paper doesnt it

Great Chairman

Great Management Team

Established mid table Championship Squad already

No doubt some extra quality will be added to squad in close season

Stadium in the Pipeline

I agree it might not translate to immediate success, but think we need to be looking at a serious promotion push within 2 years

look how far we have come, what a great time to be a city fan!

P.S and many thanks to GJ who helped make this all possible, hope he does well at POSH

There's fans of at least 10-12 championship clubs saying the same as this, would be nice though eh?!!

Spot on, plus new manager, new ideas. It is right we should all have expectations provided they are realistic. I would be more than happy with top ten again

It looks promising but let's not expect too much.

My thoughts exactly. I think, assuming we sign a few players, that the playoffs will be a reasonable aim. We can't get carried away and setting unrealistic targets just adds more pressure and increases expectations, which can be a bad thing. Of course we have a great manager, and a youngish core to our squad, so things are looking promising, but lets not raise our hopes too high!

I'd be happy with another year of consolidation and gradually building up the quality of the squad, top 10 that sort of thing.

If we make the playoffs then that would be great- but it is a very competitive League indeed.

As for the whole 'new stadium, Premier League football thing'- it's no guarantee- look at Coventry.

I'll be very happy with top 10 finish. I do not expect City to reach the top 6, if we do its a bonus ofcourse. Just don't get your hopes up too much folks!

I fail to understand some people's expectations. I know I'm not expecting us to boss the division next season and end up with automatic promotion but why would you not expect us to reach the top six? Especially when Blackpool or Swansea (Who I think are punching above their weight at the moment) will be in the play offs this year.

We have a new manager with bags of experience and a pedigree for working wonders at this level, a 20 goal striker in Maynard and a pretty sound structure for a team in which will no doubt be boosted in the summer with some quality signings.

We can still finish 8th this season if results go our way so why would you want to finish below that next season and just consolidate? The play offs have to be the aim for next season.

I fail to understand some people's expectations. I know I'm not expecting us to boss the division next season and end up with automatic promotion but why would you not expect us to reach the top six? Especially when Blackpool or Swansea (Who I think are punching above their weight at the moment) will be in the play offs this year.

We have a new manager with bags of experience and a pedigree for working wonders at this level, a 20 goal striker in Maynard and a pretty sound structure for a team in which will no doubt be boosted in the summer with some quality signings.

We can still finish 8th this season if results go our way so why would you want to finish below that next season and just consolidate? The play offs have to be the aim for next season.

My reason?

For a certain Mr Coppell saying so. Ofcourse I would love to see up in the top 6, perhaps we will who knows. Im going by the word of the manager, give him two seasons to get a side gearing for promotion to the Premier League, and a team who are ready for the challenge of the Premier League. Rather than go up next season with a team similar to ours at the moment depending on who comes and goes in the summer and most likely go straight back down.

Let us build a team first with experience and the quality needed for the Premier League city.gif

Will it be our year, dunno. But every year I begin with hoping it is.

Surely if for no other reason it must be our 'turn' soon. It seems just about everybody else has been 'up there' even if it has been short-lived. Our time must be here!

Burnley, not great,

Norwich need to step up

Leeds, hit and miss

Any thoughts guys?

It's going to take time for Coppell to build the squad and I just hope that the fans give him that time.

It's great and right that we should be excited, but my biggest worry is SC leaving prematurely due to stick from fans with unrealistic expectations who demand instant miracles.

With regard to the teams coming into the Championship, I have more worries about the clubs coming up than those coming down. I think Norwich under Lambert may well be a force next season and I can honestly see Leeds going straight through the division if they come up.

There's a difference between the aim and the expectation. I expect top half, happy with top 8 and progress in terms of style and squad balance, I'd be delighted with playoffs. And I'm sure playoffs will be the aim at least even if that isn't said publicly.

Expecting playoffs is too much for a first season, Steve Coppell will give those here a chance and try and build sensibly to last not rush in 10 signings over the summer. He spoke in his initial interview of promotion being his brief but he sensibly didn't answer the question on timescale.

I think we will finish top 10.

We don't score enough and concede far too many to be challenging. That will take time to sort out and I don't expect Coppell to work miracles with what we have, a few additions over the summer and we may be closer, but I would say we are 6 players overall from being close to a West Brom.

Cardiff are head and shoulders better than us, and they aren't close to autos.

Mr Coppell has inherited a very decent squad, however he will be given cash to bring in some of his own players, but will probably need to generate some additional revenus and will likely be letting a few go. Interest surrounding our players I suspect will be centred around Skuse and Maynard, but I would also expect attention around Haynes, Clarkson, Sproule and Fontaine

I'm not sure who is out of contract soon, so it is unclear who may given a walk, but I can certainly see that any offers for Carey, Nyatanga, McAllister LJ and even Akinde will be considered seriously

Nevertheless, if 'we couldn't refuse it' offers dont come in Orr, Hartley, Fontaine, Maynard, Elliot, Riberio and Skuse are a good foundation to build a team on.

I concur with some on here that our back line can be shakey and our midfield doesn't always help that as well as it could, so I suspect a midfielder with box to box capabilities to come in. My personal oppinion is we have very decent wingers so unless SC sees particular value in some one I can see JCR Haynes, and possibly Sproule playing a role next season...

Thus I have an expetation of at least one CB one full back one midfielder and a decent striker to complement Maynard.

Anyway exciting times...and lets Please beat Blackpool next Saturday!

Archived