IGNORED

First Games

redsince1994

I was just wonderin who everyones first game was? Start the ball rolling with mine, a reserves game against kettering town in the 1997/98 season. we drew 1-1 equalising in the 94th minute in front of the atyeo. still got the scarf i was bought after the game.

Mine was City v Luton finished 0-0 Andy Cole missed a pen! cant remember what year it was????

I was just wonderin who everyones first game was? Start the ball rolling with mine, a reserves game against kettering town in the 1997/98 season. we drew 1-1 equalising in the 94th minute in front of the atyeo. still got the scarf i was bought after the game.

City Youths V Barnsley Youths (FA Youth Cup 1958)

First "proper game V Oldham 1965

The first Bristol City game I watched was Saturday 12th Dec 1964 v S****horpe United (2-2 Draw). I think the game was played in thick mud, also I think their keeper had his leg strapped up, but couldn't go off because substitutes were not allowed then.

Happy days!

i first starting going to reserve games which i think was on a saturday afternoon ,my mum would'nt let me go to the first team games (to much trouble she said ). So i didnt tell her i was going to the city v chelsea game in the fa cup .we won 3.1 i think with taylor and turner scoring the goals.she was right about the trouble.

1st September 1979 vs Wolves - I think Emlyn Hughes was playing for them at that point. I stood in the old "schoolboy enclosure" in front of the Dolman, which was years before the family seats went in and it was just a huge concourse and I think it cast about 30p to get in!

City 3 York 1 about Oct 86 - was always a Spurs fan, because my Dad was - fell in love that day, and still love the old girl now.

She's let me down a few times, but I couldn't leave her now. Unlike the current Mrs Woodsy, but that's another story for another thread!

A match soon to be repeated

City 2 Portsmouth 0 April 1971

I remember a youngster called Clive Whitehead on the wing wearing the un heard of notion of WHITE boots!

Mine was November 1973 vs Blackpool - we lost 1-0:(

67/68 home to Brum stood where the Dolman is now, when proper football was played in proper grounds;

unlike like some of the alledged best in Europe who dived and cheated and wasted their time way through 90mins last night :disapointed2se:.

Multimillionares they may of been but what a sad state of affairs football has now become :(

67/68 home to Brum stood where the Dolman is now, when proper football was played in proper grounds;

unlike like some of the alledged best in Europe who dived and cheated and wasted their time way through 90mins last night disapointed2se.gif.

Multimillionares they may of been but what a sad state of affairs football has now become sad.gif

Amen to that old boy - shocking game. If that's the best Europe has to offer, I'm glad to be in the CCC!

unlike like some of the alledged best in Europe who dived and cheated and wasted their time way through 90mins last night disapointed2se.gif.

Multimillionares they may of been but what a sad state of affairs football has now become sad.gif

3-1, if memory serves.

Archived