IGNORED

Spain Are Going To Walk It

The Batman

Even if Torres aint fit for it, they still have David Villa (so underrated in world football)

The best midfield, and take into account that fabregas doesn't start and arteta has never been called up)

A solid defence and arguably the 3 best keepers in the world in Casillas, Reina and Valdes to choose from.

Can't see past them to be honest.

They should win it but they're not infallible- look at Inter v Barca recently.

I think a side who could stop them is Argentina if Maradona gets it right, maybe even Portugal what with a solid defence, a good holding midfielder and Ronaldo and Nani on the wings- Spain's defence sometimes can be questionable.

Yeah but to be fair, Spain play whoever comes second in the group of death, either Portugal, Brazil or Ivory Coast. Without Torres and with their fixture in the last 16 going to be a tough one, they will by no means walk it.

having fabregas to slot in is hardly a massive downgrade though, eh?

Xavi makes Barca tick, one of the most underrated midfielder's in the world if you ask me.

Xavi makes Barca tick, one of the most underrated midfielder's in the world if you ask me.

Couldn't agree more. Noone ever walks the World Cup, I personally do agree with the bookies and believe it will be either Spain or Brazil that wins but it will by no means be easy. You cannot ever write off Germany and even though you may argue they are not strong at the moment they have tournament players and are always up for the big stage, this cannot be underestimated! Holland are dark horses as our Argentina, although with Maradonna's tactical prowess he'll probably play Messi at CB!

On the Xavi point, I agree he is very underrated, as is Villa, who's international record is incredible and far supreme to that of Fernando Torres. Their Midfield is so strong though, and even if Torres is not fit they can just have Fabregas play just behind him, although Xavi is a major doubt as he is not having his operation until the end of the domestic season.

i completely agree with you - but still, fabregas would walk into almost any other team in the world and even if he is injured they have other options as mentioned above like xabi alonso. xavi is a phenomenal player but cesc could still dominate the midfield against almost anyone

Even if Torres aint fit for it, they still have David Villa (so underrated in world football)

The best midfield, and take into account that fabregas doesn't start and arteta has never been called up)

A solid defence and arg uably the 3 best keepers in the world in Casillas, Reina and Valdes to choose from.

Have to disagre about villa. Not saying he isn't a class act but whenever iv seen Spain it's been torres that makes the space and chances for for him and with torres injured at mo and seemingly unfit for the world cup not so sure villa will shine.

Maybe I'm just clutching at straws as thier movement and general play is so good (as shown against us not so long ago) that they could probably play with betty rubble and wilma flintstone up front and still have enough to beat most.

Have to disagre about villa. Not saying he isn't a class act but whenever iv seen Spain it's been torres that makes the space and chances for for him and with torres injured at mo and seemingly unfit for the world cup not so sure villa will shine.

Maybe I'm just clutching at straws as thier movement and general play is so good (as shown against us not so long ago) that they could probably play with betty rubble and wilma flintstone up front and still have enough to beat most.

i'll admit torres being injured is a blip, but it's just a minor speedbump in a long motorway

Not denying torres' movement, but villa is class (each to their own opinion), had barcelona signed him instead of ibrahimovic, he'd be recognised more due to playing champions league. he currently has 36 goals in 55 games, torres has 23 goals in 71. That may be because of Torres link up play, but Villa has been banging them in for both Spain and Valencia recently.

Not the end of the world, they win their next 2 games they could easily win the group. Second place is well up for grabs now. I really rate Chile and thought they'd nab it, but this is a massive 3 points for Switzerland and they'll surely fancy there chances to get at least 6 points, and probably 7 or 9.

A solid defence and arguably the 3 best keepers in the world in Casillas, Reina and Valdes to choose from.

Ever felt a p---k?

Put's England's result against the Yanks in prospective.

Spot on.

All the negative hype coming from our media is irritating when they hadn't seen all the first set of matches. Nor do they appreciate that the first set of games are always cagey and often dull with everyone wanting to avoid losing their first match. Only the Germans went out full on to win, albeit against a piss poor Australian outfit.

None of them put any perspective on the fact that Green's error gifted the Americans a point and that England dominated the game but just couldn't nick a winner. Normally England would have won that game.

I try to listen to and read as little radio/papers as possible. They just write and talk such bollocks during any England campaign.

Archived