IGNORED

Mickey Bell

James

"The Directors of Clevedon Town Football Club are pleased to announce the appointment of Mickey Bell as Manager.

Bell started his career at Northampton Town before moving on a £55,000 transfer to Wycombe Wanderers. He then moved on a £150,000 transfer to Bristol City where he made most of his playing career appearances. He spent eight years at Ashton Gate.

Matt Hector of Clevedon Town comments Mickey is not only a local guy, whos forte is developing younger players, but his credentials of coaching and playing experience is just what Clevedon Town needs and will prove a valuable asset to the club, we are very pleased he has accepted our offer.

Hector further comments Peter Beadle stepped into the breach managing the remainder of the season as agreed, his temporary time at the club has been much appreciated by the Directors, players and fans alike. We are hoping that Beads will remain in touch with the club and will be available aid his former team mate where possible as his own career progresses further."

All the best with your new venture Mickey! I for one will be heading down to the theatre of dreams (which some call The Hand Stadium) to see show my support when I can.

Suddenly I'm A Clevedon Town fan. :wub:

There has got to be a friendly now surely? I don't think we played them last year. Always a nice place to go on a summer's evening, plenty of light hearted banter!

Best wishes Mickey - still remember that goal against Brentford away, we went F'king mental!!!!!

Ah memories.. in that bottom tier.. proper old school surge that.. I was at the near to back prior to the goal :laugh:

Best wishes Mickey - still remember that goal against Brentford away, we went F'king mental!!!!!

Or what about the Goal he scored against Cambridge down the East End (2002 i think) they put a Camera in the Goal that day as well, looking at it from inside the goal their Goalkeeper didn't move clapping.gif

yea Mickey Bell has chosen to Manage a Team that will never ever be in The Championship League or Premier League League Status he's chosen to manage a Team thats in The Southern League Premier Division for North Somerset when we all know he is more than capable of Managing Higher Status Clubs oh well good luck to him on that one.

yea Mickey Bell has chosen to Manage a Team that will never ever be in The Championship League or Premier League League Status he's chosen to manage a Team thats in The Southern League Premier Division for North Somerset when we all know he is more than capable of Managing Higher Status Clubs oh well good luck to him on that one.

How do we know that he is capable of managing at a higher level? everyone has to cut there teeth somewhere and I think this is a good place to test the managerial waters.

Or what about the Goal he scored against Cambridge down the East End (2002 i think) they put a Camera in the Goal that day as well, looking at it from inside the goal their Goalkeeper didn't move clapping.gif

Or two goals from two free kicks from the same spot within two minutes against Plymouth. One each side of the keeper as I recall.

Tuesday, August 3rd - Clevedon Town vs Bristol City - 7.45 pm kick off, Hand Stadium. [Link]

Will no doubt be the ressies/youth team but may pop along to this one.

Shall certainly be popping down to the theatre of dreams for this one!

'for North Somerset' You do Clevedon Town an injustice, Try Southern England.

Archived