IGNORED

Nuisance Calls

leylandsroad

I believe the euphoria of Steve Coppell coming on board has gone

Thoughts ?

My thought is that this would have to rank as the most idiotic comment I have ever read on this forum - and that is saying something. Steve Coppell started work at Ashton Gate TEN DAYS ago and any excitement you felt about this hugely talented and successful manager joining us has evaporated already because he hasn't signed half a dozen players... I really hope Steve L doesn't read this rubbish.

My thought is that this would have to rank as the most idiotic comment I have ever read on this forum - and that is saying something. Steve Coppell started work at Ashton Gate TEN DAYS ago and any excitement you felt about this hugely talented and successful manager joining us has evaporated already because he hasn't signed half a dozen players... I really hope Steve L doesn't read this rubbish.

He started work ten days ago, he was appointed 6 weeks ago.

We keep getting emails that Steve Coppell says this, then he says that.

I don't care what he says, I care what he does. This squad isn't good enough, we need quality players and without that he won't achieve anything, as for the most idiotic comment well you are entittled to your opinion, I suggest you have a good read around and you may change your mind.

I agree he has a decent track record but he eventually got Reading relegated and he also walked out on Man City. Palace and Brighton were also led to relegation. If you also listen to his former Assistant Kevin Dillon now manager of Reading, he reckons he did ALL the work and Coppell took all the praise. I agree it is hopefully a good appointment I just hope he still has the fire in his belly to do the job.

also had a annoying telesales call from the club, some bloke telling me I should renew.

when in my first sentence I told him, I'll be renewing at the end of may online now that Coppell is here and that johnson is gone, bloke then proceeded to go on about my various options of renewing and how it would benefit the club and the sooner I do it the better for the club's balance, sometimes the only thing you can do is hang up

christ is there some sort of tick box when renewing to stop these pest phone calls

The certainly do have this tick list, I've had exactly the same conversations.

also had a annoying telesales call from the club, some bloke telling me I should renew.

when in my first sentence I told him, I'll be renewing at the end of may online now that Coppell is here and that johnson is gone, bloke then proceeded to go on about my various options of renewing and how it would benefit the club and the sooner I do it the better for the club's balance, sometimes the only thing you can do is hang up

christ is there some sort of tick box when renewing to stop these pest phone calls

Have also recieved a couple of these calls although I must have missed the "annoying telesales" bit.

From both calls I recieved only helpful information, (one was for myself and one for my brother) there was no pressure put on me to renew there and then and he even offered to call me back nearer the deadline to conduct the transaction for me to save me ringing the ticket office line.

My grandad actually benefitted greatly from this service as he doesnt have access to a computer thus cannot view the website and does not have e-mail and had it not been for the call he recieved from the club he would have missed the earlybird deadline as all information regarding this was advertised online/e-mail plus a couple of announcements at home games - Im sure he was not the only one to have been saved £30+ thanks to these calls and I can't see how you can complain about your club doing everthing they can to make sure renewing is as easy as possible?!

I'm sure that if you had recieved no information from the club regarding your renewal and had for some reason missed a deadline for example you would undoubtedly be equally irritated that you had not been informed of such info?!

Have also recieved a couple of these calls although I must have missed the "annoying telesales" bit.

From both calls I recieved only helpful information, (one was for myself and one for my brother) there was no pressure put on me to renew there and then and he even offered to call me back nearer the deadline to conduct the transaction for me to save me ringing the ticket office line.

My grandad actually benefitted greatly from this service as he doesnt have access to a computer thus cannot view the website and does not have e-mail and had it not been for the call he recieved from the club he would have missed the earlybird deadline as all information regarding this was advertised online/e-mail plus a couple of announcements at home games - Im sure he was not the only one to have been saved £30+ thanks to these calls and I can't see how you can complain about your club doing everthing they can to make sure renewing is as easy as possible?!

I'm sure that if you had recieved no information from the club regarding your renewal and had for some reason missed a deadline for example you would undoubtedly be equally irritated that you had not been informed of such info?!

I've also had a handful of calls asking me if and when I'm going to renew.

The truth is that I will renew this weekend, but I kind of like teasing them - see if they'll give me a discount... they won't.

I've also had a handful of calls asking me if and when I'm going to renew.

The truth is that I will renew this weekend, but I kind of like teasing them - see if they'll give me a discount... they won't.

Better hurry up then!

article on OS saying t/o is shut all weekend (bank holiday and all?!) think you can only renew online now???

Archived