IGNORED

Nuisance Calls

leylandsroad

Well I have now been phoned up 5 timesto renew my family of 5 season tickets.

This investment in testing times will cost me £1000.

I therefore decided to wait until the end of may to see what movement was happening because lets be honest last season wasn't the best.

I am very dissapointed that we are being told little or nothing will happen until July.

We need atleast 6 new players to have any chance of winning this divsion. If it is going to be the same players dishing up the same crap I am not spending another grand to watch it.

Now I realise to some of you BCFC is your life but after holding a ST for 3 seasons I am wondering if their is osmething better we can all do on a saturday and perhaps go once per month.

Match day prices at BCFC are to high so I can see why they are so desperate to get bums on seats but to be honest I believe the euphoria of Steve Coppell coming on board has gone and I'd like to see a new Top striker on board asap.

Also the reserves being scrapped has meant I will get less value for money from my ST so I am unsure what to do.

Thoughts ?

I therefore decided to wait until the end of may to see what movement was happening because lets be honest last season wasn't the best.

I am very dissapointed that we are being told little or nothing will happen until July.

We need atleast 6 new players to have any chance of winning this divsion. If it is going to be the same players dishing up the same crap I am not spending another grand to watch it.

Now I realise to some of you BCFC is your life but after holding a ST for 3 seasons I am wondering if their is osmething better we can all do on a saturday and perhaps go once per month.

Match day prices at BCFC are to high so I can see why they are so desperate to get bums on seats but to be honest I believe the euphoria of Steve Coppell coming on board has gone and I'd like to see a new Top striker on board asap.

Also the reserves being scrapped has meant I will get less value for money from my ST so I am unsure what to do.

Thoughts ?

Where have you read that the reserves are being scrapped?

Also a top striker, you having a laugh?

A striker who finish top joint goalscorer is not good enough?

Its not all about winning.

The reserves aren't being scrapped but we are playing friendlies instead of continuing in the mickey mouse league against the likes of Salisbury and Forest Green's second teams.

Anyone who bases their willingness to invest in a ST on the likelihood of us winning the division is utterly deluded, IMO.

So you got a season ticket when we went up, now a few tricky seasons and your off? Bye then. Close the door on your way out.

Oh, and dont moan when you find it hard to get a season ticket when we get promoted next time!

I work on the basis that football is my release in life and that if I didn't renew, I probably would miss some games if times got really tough again and this doesn't help the club at all. There's interest free credit available so go on, join the Coppell revolution and get behind the lads - you know you want to!!

We need everybody to get on board and your five makes a real difference...city.gif it'll also save you receiving "nuisance calls" so it's a win win situation once done!!?

Thoughts ?

Putting your money in will make signing good players more likely because Lansdown will be more willing to invest if he has the backing of the fans.

What I find ironic is that you have been contacted five times(excluding the phone calls that could have been made while you were not at home)

14,000 season ticket holders multiplied by five

that's 80,000 phone calls that could/might have been made for and on behalf of our club

if we take it that one call lasts one minute

60 minutes multiplied by 24 hours is equal to 1,440 minutes in one day

ten days equates to 14,400 minutes

so divide 14,400 into 80,000 one minute phone calls works that Bristol City football club have spent nearly SIXTY days contacting season ticket holders

and all I wanna know is when will I be able to purchase a club membership card

Thoughts ?

I hope a pre-season (so far) of talking about promotion as opposed to consolidation persuades you to buy

I hope that the club wanting to keep the joint top goal scorer in the division persuades you to buy

I hope that 7 points off the play-offs in a really disappointing season isn't too much

I hope Lansdown's interview with the sunday paper doesn't come across as an empty threat as it's his millions

I appreciate a thousand pounds is a hell of alot of money to be investing - perhaps buy less season tickets and rotate among your family

I am confident Steve Coppell is one of the best English managers around and I am willing to accept things will not happen straight away - he will have to put his own stamp on what he has at the moment before we move forward.

Please have patience and faith in the promises from the club and as a fellow City fan I would like to see as many people down the gate every game as possible - don't one disappointed season (which came from some very high expectations, poor run of form and a string of difficult to swallow managerial decisions) put you off the club. The club that's come so far since you bought that season ticket 3 years ago where we hoped for security and now talk about promotion.

I hope you can renew city.gif

But surely you realise that any new manager would need time to assess the current playing staff before making any decisions as to what needs to happen? I'd rather SC waited until the players reported back for pre-season and started to get to know their capabilities before he started making wholesale changes based on watching a few match DVDs.

I believe the euphoria of Steve Coppell coming on board has gone and I'd like to see a new Top striker on board asap.

A striker? Well a second 20+ goals a season player would, I agree, be very welcomed, but we have far more pressing needs in the squad right now.

What I find ironic is that you have been contacted five times(excluding the phone calls that could have been made while you were not at home)

that's 80,000 phone calls that could/might have been made for and on behalf of our club

so divide 14,400 into 80,000 one minute phone calls works that Bristol City football club have spent nearly SIXTY days contacting season ticket holders

Except about 8000 have allready renewed and some will be multiple tickets to one address like the guy who posted this thread. Sou your maths is completely wrong.

Membership cards from last season are still active to give people first oppurtunity to buy season tickets with them so they'll be renewed after that.

Sorry NTTDS

14 x 5 =70

I often struggle to decipher your posts but I think I'm right on this one.

Thoughts ?

I share your view that we need about 6 players to mount a challenge - though I think it would be better to keep expectations low for this season and give the new manager some breathing room.

Tough times economically, totally agree as well and not everyone will be able to renew.

It's also true that most business is done in July. A quick glance at soccerbase shows about 4 times as many transfers in July as June, and only handful in May.

I'd hope we're putting the groundwork in ahead of time but I'm sure most contracts run July 1st to June 30th.

For those that can choose to renew, surely the appointment of Steve Coppell is a good statement of ambition both in terms of style and substance?

I doubt SteveL will appoint a manager of that calibre and then skimp on the playing budget and his track record is of supporting all managers financially.

I think we will see some good signings and some good football next season, and I'd really encourage other fans to renew.

So you got a season ticket when we went up, now a few tricky seasons and your off? Bye then. Close the door on your way out.

Oh, and dont moan when you find it hard to get a season ticket when we get promoted next time!

Dont be such an **** If the guy is thinking that £1000 is better spent on doing something else with his family - like a holiday etc then i dont blame him. And about buying when we got promoted, so what that is generally what happens in every football club, success equalls more interest more fans. It annoys the life outta me all these im a better fan because i follow city every saturday blah blah.

Part time fan, new season ticket, occasional visit are all welcome down the gate - some people have different priorities in life and some of you on this website should learn to accept that.

I can remember watching every game in a season where the highest gate was under 10,000, the Championship, or 2nd division as it was then, was just a dream.

I say enjoy the good times, I know last season was pants at times but what more can the club do than appoint a manager of real class, which they've now done.

Your second weekend spent walking around Cribbs Causeway or Cabot circus and you will be crying out for some footie action.

That shows they value your support and would love you to renew.

But this isn't the point of your post is it? If you were questioning if you could afford to spend the money, your post would be along the lines of 'I'd love another family season ticket, but it is too expensive'

Neither was it the worst. We've seen one player score some of the most spectatular goals in the Football League, we never lost to the Championship winners, and we've had the chance to watch internation players like Paul Hartley as well as player of the year, local lad, Cole Skuse

Why? Or do you think it makes more sense to pay the wages of players who will be on holiday for the next month? It's a shame that football doesn't work to your timescale, but you'll get over that one.

Have a word with yourself. We are very unlikely to win the division - even with your 6 new players.

Glory hunter then eh?

You mean 'too' rather than 'to' - yes? Well, actually they aren't too high, if they were high enough, SL wouldn't have to underwrite a massive loss year on year. But thanks to him we aren't being asked to pay £100's per match.

If you were able to go to all of the reserve fixtures as well as all of the first team games and you've done this for the 3 years you've had your season ticket then you've had fantastic value. The removal of the reserve team doesn't mean they'll be no second-string football.

Thoughts ?

Take up market gardening or fishing or something. I think you'll be a lot happier. And so will we.

I havent renewed yet, to be honest didn't enjoy last season much, along with the parking nightmare each game after 40 minute drive, made me wonder why I bothered some times. Have only missed a handfull of home games in 30 years, season ticket for last 10 years, think I go just out of habit really so probably will renew at the last minuite.

"dont be such an **** If the guy is thinking that £1000 is better spent on doing something else with his family "

Yeah, fine. But this is a CITY forum, why come on here and tell us how he's going to spend his new found cash, I would imagine if it's not City related then the the majority of us aren't that interested.

"dont be such an **** If the guy is thinking that £1000 is better spent on doing something else with his family "

Yeah, fine. But this is a CITY forum, why come on here and tell us how he's going to spend his new found cash, I would imagine if it's not City related then the the majority of us aren't that interested.

Yes but it is city related, what he is saying is it costs to much to take his family every game to city.

Thoughts ?

Think you should look on it in a bigger perspective. Six good signings is no guarantee. Trust the chairman?

Where, in the original post does it state that the poster CAN'T afford a season ticket? You prize-plum. (No returns).

It does'nt but if money was not an issue here why whould you put down how much it cost's! Its obv something of a consideration.

Well quite alot of replies.

For the record I have had atleast 5 calls, I buy a family ticket plus another under 16s ticket. I have also had about 8 emails .........

Why dont the club do an offer like Swindon 1 adult plus 3 kids etc. If they did this I'd buy buy yes £1000 is a definate consideration.

For the last few years Ive bought two adults because my kids can go free but my wife has never stepped foot in the ground so I take a relative instead I wouldn't want to go if she did !

Yes I am a bit of a glory hunter, I love football.

I will be going to watch Swindon at Wembley next week and watch about 50 games per season.

As for another striker, well Maynard is one but he needs a partner.

I hope I feel motivated in the next ten days because if the club put prices up by another 10% after May31st I will not be paying £1100!

Sorry for long reply, yes BCFC is not my life but I never missed a game last season and watched 5 away so I've did my bit.

yes BCFC is not my life but I never missed a game last season and watched 5 away so I've did my bit.

The first part of this sentence explains your attitude to whether to renew or not.

For many supporters (myself included) there is no decision to make about renewing or not. We renew regardless of where City are or who is the manager is. Many would renew if City were in the Conference. Going to matches at AG is so deeply ingrained that it would be inconceivable not to. Even in the dourest, dreary football of our previous manager we still showed up - as you did. Maybe thats something for you to think about. If you can sit through that uninspiring football game after game, watching Coppells team playing attacking football will be a joy to behold.

Thats not meant to sound like a 'holier than you' remark but there is a hard core of around 6000 fans who buy ST every season.

except they wouldnt have contacted the 10k+ that have already renewed, sorry to wreck your figures. Also, maybe they were contacted 5 times because there are 5 of them? One phone call each. One phone call for each of the 4k not yet renewed x 1 minute = 4000 minutes, 66.67hrs, so we have gone down from 60 days to 2days 18hrs with just a little bit of common sense!

The first part of this sentence explains your attitude to whether to renew or not.

I'm sure it does, it is not my life BUT BCFC cannot survive with 6000 fans.

I want the chairman to convince me that things are to improve, last year was dull and the season before not much better.

I am not here to convine the Chairman to carry on, and I actully said when he was forced to change manager it wouldn't suprise me if he quit not long after.

So to summaise, this summer is a major crossroads, the country is in a major recession, putting ST prices up 10% is NOT a vote winner so I hope Mr L knows what he is doing. I will not blindly support him, he's done alot for the club but please don't bracket him with some Chairman like Jack Walker ar Blackburn or the Dave Whelan the Wigan Chairman to name but two.

If he gets the teams the fans will come, if he doesn't they won't. I have 9 days to decide.

also had a annoying telesales call from the club, some bloke telling me I should renew.

when in my first sentence I told him, I'll be renewing at the end of may online now that Coppell is here and that johnson is gone, bloke then proceeded to go on about my various options of renewing and how it would benefit the club and the sooner I do it the better for the club's balance, sometimes the only thing you can do is hang up

christ is there some sort of tick box when renewing to stop these pest phone calls

Archived