IGNORED

Do You Want Cardiff To Fold

BS3_RED

Do you want Cardiff to fold?  

248 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It all depends if there new Malaysian owners ? decide to stay or pull out because no Prem. Mind you they would have got a few million ££ from todays gate reciepts. I think the losers and the Fa get 50% each.I think the winners let the losers have there share because of the money they get for going up.

Yes.

No Place in ENGLISH football - club or their fans.

A club that regularly flauts the rules and gets away with it that to the FAW

Other clubs have been wound up recently despite comparatively lesser failings

Then again, Fold NO, thrown out of English Football - HELL YES

I'd happyily throw Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, Newport, Merthyr Tydfil & Colwyn Bay out of english football tomorrow

After their defeat today, it is possible that Cardiff could be wound up in a couple of weeks.

So simple question......

Do you want Cardiff to go under?

well the sky money and the gate they have taken will get them out the shit....remeber its tradition the lossing team get the gate. 82000 people yur looking at a take of more than 2 million...but they may get what 1 mill of that?

How likely is it? Severe penalties (fire-sale of players, points deductions yes) but who would really want

any club to disappear completely as it has surely the potential for too many ramifications for the whole of

football and the way it is currently financed..??

Guest oftbc

How likely is it? Severe penalties (fire-sale of players, points deductions yes) but who would really want

any club to disappear completely as it has surely the potential for too many ramifications for the whole of

football and the way it is currently financed..??

English football needs a club to go bust as it will serve as a wake up call and with all these applications for a winding up order we have seen this season then it wont be long til a club does go under. I would very happily sacrifice Cardiff. I'm also of the belief that if club enter administration then they should be demoted two divisions. Harsh yes but just look at Cardiff, A possible 10 point deduction doesn't stop them spending what they haven't got. They are only in the Championship because they spent vast amounts to get here for which I think they still owe money over? They have kept on gambling and even spent next season season ticket money in January so now they have to deal with the consequences.

English football needs a club to go bust as it will serve as a wake up call and with all these applications for a winding up order we have seen this season then it wont be long til a club does go under. I would very happily sacrifice Cardiff. I'm also of the belief that if club enter administration then they should be demoted two divisions. Harsh yes but just look at Cardiff, A possible 10 point deduction doesn't stop them spending what they haven't got. They are only in the Championship because they spent vast amounts to get here for which I think they still owe money over? They have kept on gambling and even spent next season season ticket money in January so now they have to deal with the consequences.

Not impossible is it? Here's why I think it COULD happen.

1) Govt may decide that if the law regarding payment of creditors is to have any legitimacy then SOMEONE has to be made an example of as oftbc says. (In the States they all said that Lehman Brothers wouldn't fold, it was too big, too important, the people wouldn't stand for it they said...)

2) With a record deficit and all manner of taxes having to rise to get us out of the clart, can the government allow such a public body as a major football club to openly get away with it? (One law for them and one for everyone else?)

3) HMRC are tough enough on the rest of us. Try being self-employed and forget to pay your VAT one month - then you'll see

4) We have just had an election, so no one needs to keep the electorate happy for a while (Conservatives will NEVER win in Wales anyway so it might seem like a victimless crime :bruce_h4h: )

5) The investor perhaps thought he could get a Premier League team for £6M, blimey, I would have gone to the bank to borrow the money at that price. How about being asked to put £30M in just to make the ink on the Balance sheet turn black?

Not saying it will happen but anyone over the bridge thinking it impossible may well be in for a nasty shock. :fingerscrossed:

Fold? No way.

Sell all their best players and tumble down a couple of leagues? Yes please.

i'd agree with that

i dont care what team it is, i dont wish it on any team.

obviously we look to 1982 every time a club goes through this. I was born in 1985 but my family told me the importance of the events that went on a few years prior.

Go to the wire, lose 10 points for admin then 20 more for failing to come out, sell all their players and get relagated (at least) twice - yes

Fold - no, because after '82 I wouldn't wish it even on them

Spot on, I'm sure Newport are looking forward to seeing them again soon

If Cardiff have gone into debt they cannot afford then the answer is "yes".

Because:

1) They have assembled a great squad of players that they cannot afford which is grossly unfair on the rest of the teams in the league which are trying to compete on the football pitch with them that are working within an acceptable budget.

2) Additionally their overspend forces the price of players up for everybody as a whole.

I say let em burn! Same goes to Crystal Palace and Portsmouth and all the other financially "cheating" clubs!

They are a disgrace to football.

Well considering according to posts on their forum, yesterday some of their support attacked families from Blackpool and one person even witnessed a woman being punched. I personally hope they are wound up and chucked out of the football league.

Horrible club and horrible supporters.

Let silly season begin:argh: No I wouldn't wish any team to fold Teams to regulated one or two leagues would be fine examples but I would start with the Premier League! Really don't understand where this sudden hate has come from towards Cardiff.

It's disappointing that the poll has a clear majority wanting Cardiff to fold; fortunately the comments are more balanced.

Memories, or family memories, of what nearly happened in '82 make City fans realise more than most what it actually means for a club to fold. Not relegation, not a points deduction, not getting hammered week in week out. Just gone. Not there. Weeds growing on the stands.

I don't like Cardiff: Hamman, Ridsdale, Chopra, arrogant fans and a minority of violent fans. But to want them snuffed out just runs counter to my years of following football.

In case people think I'm being too nice; I'm not. There is just one team I would like to see wiped from the map: the excrescence that is MK Dons.

This has to be the stupidest poll ever posted, why would anyone want another club to go bust?disapointed2se.gif

Hey, lets vote for Cardiff, Swansea, Swindon, Yeovil and the Gas to go under,

then we would have no local rivals

I started this poll because of comments posed on here over the last few days regarding Cardiff and some people wanting them to go out of business. I just wanted to know if it was the minority or majority that would want that to happen.

I voted yes by the way, not because they are our rivals but because they are a nasty club with nasty vile supporters. They have taken the piss big time over the last ten years, spending well beyond their means and their fans loved it when they thought the gamble was going to pay off. Now they will have to live with the repercussions.

They will fold and I hope so. The Play off final was the last chance saloon. They are as good as gone imho.

Although reading their forum they seem to have a very different ideal, maybe i'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Some of them think that massive investment is just round the corner and they are talking about next season and pushing again for the top, totally delusional, which actually makes it funnier.

Interesting comment from Jimmy Armfield on R5L yesterday before the game. He said he had been having lunch "with the Cardiff people - they have to go up you know, absolutely HAVE TO".

Draw from that what you will but I am quoting him verbatim and dear old Jimmy isn't normally famous for exaggeration or hyperbole.

Not to fold completely even tho i voted yes as i think they should be expelled from the english league and should play in the welsh league in light of the blatent irisponsible finacial decisions they shouldnt have even been allowed to play in the play offs imho. the way the club is run it gives them an advantage over others by using money you dont have to try to get to the prem

Archived