IGNORED

The Rumours Thread

Banksy

Wow, he gets back from Spain really quickly!

04 Jun 2010 14:05:20

04 Jun 2010 12:46:47

"Nicky maynard & George Boyd both having medicals at burnley today after both players clubs accepted bids from burnley yesterday and billy sharp has already passed a medical and will also sign today"

Utter rubbish, Nicky is in Spain on holiday, he sent me a text from there about 10 minutes ago. He's going nowhere and certainly not to another championship club with no more chance of getting promoted than Bristol City. His words, not mine.

Have to agree with the above, as like Nicky, George Boyd is also on holidayin Las Vegas!

Just proves how awful Football rumours is!

Ok? So you are saying that i am lying? Im not creating a rumour, i am just saying i saw Nicky! It was around 4ish as i was leaving.

Ok? So you are saying that i am lying? Im not creating a rumour, i am just saying i saw Nicky! It was around 4ish as i was leaving.

No im not saying your lying! Thats why i put at the bottom "Just proves how awful Football rumours is!"

I know this has nothing to do with city however,

Ipswich have increased their offer for £4m-rated Cardiff City striker Michael Chopra. - Todays Daily Mirror

Would you buy him for 4 mill or there abouts ? Would seem a good deal to me

Allegedly he wants to play for Roy Keane again and I couldn't see him here given his unpopularity with our fans anyway. What intrigues me however is who decides what a player is "rated" at? Unless a club publicly says they want £x for a player presumably some journalist plucks a figure out of the air. Surely a player is worth whatever somebody is prepared to pay for him? Two equivalent players may be sold for different fees depending on the circumstances of the selling and buying club.

Here's the latest nonsense from Football Rumours - don't shoot the messenger!

05 Jun 2010 17:07:08

Bristol City

Making an offer to FC Union Berlin for Patrick Kohlmann and Adrian Antunovic. Also enquiring about West Broms Chris Brunt.

Oh and Neil Harris from Millwall and James Harper (again)

Gary hooper and michael chopra are set to join BRISTOL CITY within the next week or so. payed for by the money recived from burnley for striker nicky maynard rumoured to be around 7 mill (DEAL DONE). This is true and from a very reliable source, More news as i get it

I would say deal to that!! rofl2br.gif

I would never trust the management again.

I'm not sure I'll ever unterstand people who would agree to this kind of deal.

Bristol city about to sign ian Hume and luke steel from Barnsley for an undisclosed fee you heard it here first.

Bristol city taken offers for hartley orr willieams and johnson to trim squad down.

Steve have been given 5 mill to spend plus money from sold players.

Hart, Hartley, poss sproule and hemandi to hibs in next 2 weeks stack to leave and Mark brown to be number 1 goalie

Brahim Hemdani will sign a two year deal with Hibs within the following week. Coming in in the next couple of days will be two from Michael Hart, Richard Keogh and Paul Hartley.

Bristol City are close to signing Norwich Citys Wes Hoolahan. Coppell has been looking to sign a left midfielder after noticing imbalance within the squad. The 28 year old will join City for 750K.

from football rumours again

Bristol City want Hibernian Defender Sol Bamba. Manager Steve Coppell is looking for a big ball winning defender and hopes a bid of 300K plus winger Ivan Sproule will get him his man. 25 year old Bamba played 30 times for Hibs last season and Coppell has been impressed with teh reviews hes got back

heres another bunch of nonsense from a football rumours site.

06 Jun 2010 14:50:22

Bristol City have agreed a deal with LA Galaxy for Edson Buddle. He'll sign after the world cup. The deal was tied up in New York a few weeks ago apparently. Odd signing, but it's a done deal.

looks like someone watched the USA vs. Australia game. he scored twice and it sounds like he could end up starting against england.

looks like it

Stabbing

In the early hours of 22 August 2009, Davenport and his mother were stabbed at her home in Kempston, Bedfordshire. Davenport was stabbed in the legs, lost 50% of the blood from his body[21] and underwent emergency surgery for injuries described as serious. Two men were arrested the same day in connection with the stabbings. At Bedford Magistrates Court, on 24 August, 25 year-old Worrell Whitehurst, the boyfriend of Davenport's sister, was remanded in custody charged with grievous bodily harm with intent in connection with the attack on Davenport, and with assault occasioning actual bodily harm to his mother; the second man was released on bail pending further inquiries.

winger Martin Petrov, striker Benjani are set to leave man city at the end of the month when their contracts end.

Would they play in the championship ?

no

Joe Cole is set to sign for Bristol City on a 2 year contract, after the world cup, You heard it here first! ;):whistle2:

looks like it

Stabbing

In the early hours of 22 August 2009, Davenport and his mother were stabbed at her home in Kempston, Bedfordshire. Davenport was stabbed in the legs, lost 50% of the blood from his body[21] and underwent emergency surgery for injuries described as serious. Two men were arrested the same day in connection with the stabbings. At Bedford Magistrates Court, on 24 August, 25 year-old Worrell Whitehurst, the boyfriend of Davenport's sister, was remanded in custody charged with grievous bodily harm with intent in connection with the attack on Davenport, and with assault occasioning actual bodily harm to his mother; the second man was released on bail pending further inquiries.

and...

Afterwards the former England Under-21 international was charged with assaulting his sister, Cara, and is provisionally due in court on 2 August to answer the charge.

Nyatanga looked hopeless on numerous occasions last year

although everything thinks henderson is a bit of a bas*rd he would do a great job up top for us with maynard, and it would stop him scoring against us aswell :laugh:

good opportunity to get rid of nyatanga with reduced embarassment i reckon.

Fonts is twice as good as lewin and we also have the likes of James Wilson coming through whos meant to be good, and Ribds aswell although granted he might be a more natural rightback

Archived