IGNORED

The Rumours Thread

Banksy

nearly june so thought i would start an official rumours thread for the whole summer

please dont bother writing stupid ones on here

please post sources where you can

anything from football rumours just for the laughs

what have we got so far??

city related only (to,from,ex players etc)

and can someone with the know how merge this with other threads already created about other players

Heard from a couple of mates over the weekend that we were looking at a season long loan for James Beattie, wouldn't think it very likely tbh with wages maybe being an issue but the 'sources' are normally not ones for random shouts without substance.

Think the Stoke Chairman mentioned this week he would be allowed to leave but certainly not on a free so not sure if that would include a season long loan ?

Since hearing about it i've not seen anything on the internet or heard any further rumours so probs complete bo££ocks but this is a rumours thread...

Magicdaps.

it says on football-roumours.co.uk (not the most reliable, i know :L) that "Liam Lawrence will be Steve Coppells 1st signing at bristol. He will be followed to the reds by west brom forward ishmael Miller. Coventry keeper westwood is 50/50 but could be bristols stopper before the start of the season"

Heard from a couple of mates over the weekend that we were looking at a season long loan for James Beattie, wouldn't think it very likely tbh with wages maybe being an issue but the 'sources' are normally not ones for random shouts without substance.

Think the Stoke Chairman mentioned this week he would be allowed to leave but certainly not on a free so not sure if that would include a season long loan ?

Since hearing about it i've not seen anything on the internet or heard any further rumours so probs complete bo££ocks but this is a rumours thread...

Magicdaps.

According to 'Teamtalk' and 'Daily Mirror', Holloway is in for Beattie at Blackpool.

Also a Hibbs supporter was on here the other day, saying Hartley was poised to sign a 2 year deal with them. Can't find a source for that one so it's probably nonsense.

it says on football-roumours.co.uk (not the most reliable, i know :L) that "Liam Lawrence will be Steve Coppells 1st signing at bristol. He will be followed to the reds by west brom forward ishmael Miller. Coventry keeper westwood is 50/50 but could be bristols stopper before the start of the season"

I would be very happy with these 3 plus a commanding centre back and a left back!

Also Paul Hartley may not be staying his wife can't settle in Bristol.A move closer the boarder is on the cards

His wife never moved down - she stayed in Scotland (kids/schools etc) whilst PH stayed down here and went home Sunday/Monday etc.

Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if he moved back to the SPL with Hibs as the slower pace would see him able to prolong his career (earnings) longer than staying in the CCC where he undoubtedly has the class, touch, and ability but alas no longer the mobility and pace to get him into those positions to dominate the play.

shame - I like him, but I think SC will want midfielders with the legs for a full 90 mins to go with the skill. Can't remember every player he's used but I can't think of any "aging midfield general" type he played at either Palace,Reading, or Brighton.

CR

Really hope this one comes off. This guy always seems to tear us apart when he plays. Big, Strong, fast and would be a great partner for Maynard IMO.

Really hope this one comes off. This guy always seems to tear us apart when he plays. Big, Strong, fast and would be a great partner for Maynard IMO.

My father in law is a West Bromwich Albion fan and he would be delighted to see the back of Miller who had a dreadful season last year. Now if the rumour was about Roman Bednar, that would be something to get excited about...

There's a thread elsewhere about the Olsson rumour, probably more BS but would fit with Coppell's previous transfer tactics

Not so much a rumour as a suggestion, but Chris Riggott got released by Boro last week- would he fit the 'dominant centre-half' bill that everyone craves?

Latest from football-rumours.com

25 May 2010 23:50:22

Bristol City have accepted bids for a couple of fringe players from last season John Akinde will move to Peterborough and James Wilson will move to Swansea City heard this from a reliablle source also Paul Hartley to Hibs and Bradley Orr to QPR

Latest from football-rumours.com

25 May 2010 23:50:22

Bristol City have accepted bids for a couple of fringe players from last season John Akinde will move to Peterborough and James Wilson will move to Swansea City heard this from a reliablle source also Paul Hartley to Hibs and Bradley Orr to QPR

Noooooooo. I can't imagine him and Colin getting along.

Found this on, yes you guessed it Football Rumours,.

thought I would post it..... No nothing about him or even heard of him.

"Championship club Bristol City FC are looking at signing Helsingborg IF young striker Rasmus Jönsson. It is believed a fee of £1 Million would secure the Swedish U21's move to England."

Found this on, yes you guessed it Football Rumours,.

thought I would post it..... No nothing about him or even heard of him.

"Championship club Bristol City FC are looking at signing Helsingborg IF young striker Rasmus Jönsson. It is believed a fee of £1 Million would secure the Swedish U21's move to England."

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/115677-rasmus-joensson/page__p__1088211__hl__Ramus%20Jönsson__fromsearch__1

My father in law is a West Bromwich Albion fan and he would be delighted to see the back of Miller who had a dreadful season last year. Now if the rumour was about Roman Bednar, that would be something to get excited about...

Wasn't he out with a broken leg or something for most of the season....?!

Would love to see westwood here, always rated him as a quality keeper and he was the only thing that kept them in it at the gate last season!

From Footy Rumours:

30 May 2010 17:10:08

Bristol City

Nikola Saric (Striker) & Fabio Dapprela (Left Back) from Liverpool & West Ham respectfully

30 May 2010 13:21:58

Bristol citys full back Bradley Orr will join qpr for 500k he had a medical on Saturday and will sign in the next week

To be fair not heard of either of those two!

From Footy Rumours:

30 May 2010 17:10:08

Bristol City

Nikola Saric (Striker) & Fabio Dapprela (Left Back) from Liverpool & West Ham respectfully

30 May 2010 13:21:58

Bristol citys full back Bradley Orr will join qpr for 500k he had a medical on Saturday and will sign in the next week

To be fair not heard of either of those two!

Can't see us signing them , both to young to be first teamers and can't see them joining us as prospects.

Archived