IGNORED

Panini World Cup Stickers

Martyn Hocking

Two of my colleagues in the pub are well on their way to completing their albums. It's been a source of amusement for weeks now. I've told them that the albums won't be worth as much in the future if the stickers are not straight, but they still persist in putting them in when drunk! :drunk2:

My boy is collecting them too.

We are off to a wedding on Saturday (its OK, I have checked that a TV will be available on the evening) and he wanted to take his 4' x 3' wall chart with him so he can write the scores in.

I have tried to tell him that we can put them in later but he obviously doesn't trust me / newpapers / tv / the internet so he has decided to take a penci and paper instead!

If you are interested in Panini World Cup albums, then this link has every album from 1970 - 2006 to Download free. A complete 1970 album goes for well over £1000. http://www.fanpicture.ru/magazines/panini/wc.php

They are a good investment, especially as the stickers are being given away in some shops.Enjoy...don't worry about what others think.

I collect Panini and Subbuteo from the 70's. In fact both are seen as really 'cool' and retro in Europe. Gigi Buffon is a huge collector of Subbuteo. I've sold a few bits to him.It's only in England that it's still seen as geeky and only for kids.

Here's my old stadium modelled loosely on Ashton Gate...obviously a pre season friendly, because the fans haven't turned up yet :tumbleweed:

Excuse the Lazio stuff...they are my other team. Hope you like...

313895794_7384186647-1.jpg

308483636_d95bada2a6_b.jpg

I love collecting the World Cup stickers every four years. When I was a kid Painini used to bring out an album that was for all four divisions. Football 84 if I remember.

I searched on the panini website earlier and they do a souvenir for the Championship, there was one for last season. Did anyone get it and was it a sticker album?

Subbuteo - now you're talking.

My stuff is up in the loft somewhere. Unfortunately, most of my teams are made up of midgets. Players weren't knee resistant and when repaired, the glue had a tendency to melt their plastic legs.

Wonder what a team of dwarfs would fetch on ebay? Sell well in Cardiff I suspect.

Subbuteo - got a few teams in the loft including Brazil 70 and an all Red BCFC. They haven't seen the light of day for a couple of decades but seem to remember a few serious injuries which would result in a number of walking wounded taking to the pitch if they had to fulfil a fixture at short notice.

As for Panini stickers - Turnip and a mate started collecting them weeks ago but came to a standstill so I've taken over with an initial 9 pack purchase and a grim determination to fill the album.

Anyone got any swaps?dunno.gifdevil.gif

I deal in Subbuteo as well as collect. There are some real gold mines in a lot of lofts. Some of the rarer teams sell for silly money. For example, i sold one team to a guy in Italy for £500. People don't realise, and often throw it in the skip. Subbuteo and Scalextric from the 70's, is very collectible. If you have a reference 138 Bristol City in good nick, it's worth about £35. Teams like Man U, Leeds and Liverpool about £10-£15. Something unusual like Montrose or Stockport...now you're talking. Basically, the teams that no one bought as kids, are the rare teams, hense the silly money. Have a look, you never know ;)

i started a group weks and weeks ago, i have about 8 adults from the pub , The Bristol Inn in clevedon where i dj doing it.. i have completed my albulm and one of my friends needs no 134 and one needs 305... but all of us are swapping amongst ourselves and are not allowed to cheat...

i have set up a group on facebook... my facebook name is Mark Whitehouse. we all bought a whole £50 box each and have swapped from those 8 boxes, plus another friend aquired a further 5 full boxes... We all have spent hours unpacking them, sticking them in and alsoswapping on a wednesday night in the pub...

You may all laugh but strangers have come in as well as friends at first thought it was strange adults doing it but, soon i tempted them with the free books and off they went to get thier stickers... At one point we all made sure we bought whole box, and clevedon was sold out for one wekend....:laugh:...

reliving our youth, yes definately and great fun....

Reliving your youth...that's what it's all about, as well as nostalgia. Names and games coming flooding back, like it was yesterday.

Talking of reliving your youth. Imagine if you had this as a kid...my mate has spent on and off 30 years completing this stadium. Check it out...each figure, individually handpainted and over 10000 of them.

reliving our youth, yes definately and great fun....

I'm a nightmare as I love to collect things and anyone that knows me has heard all about my complete collection of Rothmans (Now Sky Sports) Football yearbooks. They are a fantastic reference guide and help me remember games I've been too.

Subbuteo - got a few teams in the loft including Brazil 70 and an all Red BCFC. They haven't seen the light of day for a couple of decades but seem to remember a few serious injuries which would result in a number of walking wounded taking to the pitch if they had to fulfil a fixture at short notice.

As for Panini stickers - Turnip and a mate started collecting them weeks ago but came to a standstill so I've taken over with an initial 9 pack purchase and a grim determination to fill the album.

Anyone got any swaps?dunno.gifdevil.gif

Ah yes Subbuteo, I used to love that back in the day. I too have plenty in the loft...somewhere. I think I might've had that all red BCFC one, talking about it is just making me want to play again!

Still proudly collecting Panini stickers well in to my 40's! Great way of getting up to speed with the teams and players. and nice souvenir of tournaments

Just completed Panini's Championship collection and about halfway through WC2010

Plenty of adults collect stamps

http://www.swapstick.com/ is great for getting those final 100 or so

Merlin collections are rubbish though!

Ah yes Subbuteo, I used to love that back in the day. I too have plenty in the loft...somewhere. I think I might've had that all red BCFC one, talking about it is just making me want to play again!

That's the problem as a collector. Most Subbuteo is stored in peoples lofts and never see's the light of day. Then it usually gets thrown out when there is a house move. The all red kit is Liverpool btw, reference 41. Playing wise...it's still big in Europe. There are even Professional Subbuteo players. I play in Tournaments both here in England and Italy. It's a great laugh. Here's a bit of footage from an Oldsubbuteo Tournament we had in Rome...It was a real laugh...nothing serious and plenty of beers. Should get your Subbuteo juices flowing.

Does anyone remember Super Striker? Spent hours playing that as a kid, but they only came with Man Utd and West Brom / Newcastle kits.

Press their head and the leg came through to kick the ball, loved it. Spent hours painting numbers on the back of the shirts, then getting bored and doing it all again. Best Christmas present I ever had!

Bringing back some good memories here guys, thank you!

Ile own up to collecting stickers. Been collecting them since i was about 6. I was a bit gutted about the last world cup sticker collection as i never completed it. Had about 30 spaces to fill. Even though im probably too old to be dealing with stickers its just one of those things thats just gotto be done.

Bit of luck ile complete this years sticker book.englandsmile4wf.gif

Me and my older brothers had loads of panini albums, sadly now thrown out. Used to love the smell of opening a fresh pack. As for good old subbuteo, have an old case full of it, was gonna dig it out. Anyone remember Beaties in town, used to buy it all from there

Archived