IGNORED

Gary V Gash

Craven arms

Headline on the back of the P'boro' Evening Telegraph;

"Johnson is ready to go"!

No he's not resigning; instead GJ is "so thrilled with the fixture list he'd be only too happy for the new season to start now".

Yes, a former city manager and all things considered cult hero is playing a game against our biggest rivals. this is of interest to BRISTOL CITY FANS.

hurry up and change your mind about coppell so we can listen to some different shit?

Exactly! If it was a story regarding.....say... Alan Dicks etc I feel sure...no one would be questioning if it was City related thread.....unfortunately some people on here just pathetic!

Yes, a former city manager and all things considered cult hero is playing a game against our biggest rivals

I don't understand this cult hero thing with Gary Johnson, yes he worked for City for a while, did a good job and got us promoted from level 3 to level 2 but so have other managers over the years, would you call Fred Ford a cult hero?

A lot of people on here seem to think that Citys history started when they started supporting.

Two people, Harry Thickett and Alan Dicks, have taken us from level 2 to level 1, Alan Dicks kept us there for 4 seasons, Harry Thickett took us to runners-up and an FA Cup final.

They are true CULT HEROS.

Its not often I agree with Robbored but Gary Johnson has gone, move on!!!!

Come on Steve, lets hope your the third manager to take us to level 1.

I don't understand this cult hero thing with Gary Johnson, yes he worked for City for a while, did a good job and got us promoted from level 3 to level 2 but so have other managers over the years, would you call Fred Ford a cult hero?

A lot of people on here seem to think that Citys history started when they started supporting.

Two people, Harry Thickett and Alan Dicks, have taken us from level 2 to level 1, Alan Dicks kept us there for 4 seasons, Harry Thickett took us to runners-up and an FA Cup final.

No! Your missing the point! The original legitimate post was reference to GJ and Peterborough playing and hopefully beating the gas (please check this out for yourself, i would hate for you to be confused). Robbored then posted that he felt this was not City related. Why ? Was it - (A) He thinks that reference to a past manager is not City related? (B) He loves the Gas? or © He dislikes GJ and can't get over it himself?

Whether GJ is a Cult Hero or not should be left to personal discretion, but this forum will from time to time discuss past managers and rightly so. They are all part of our proud history. The fact that certain forum users don't like certain past managers being discussed is there own problem, i guess they will just have to learn to deal with it!

No! Your missing the point! The original legitimate post was reference to GJ and Peterborough playing and hopefully beating the gas (please check this out for yourself, i would hate for you to be confused). Robbored then posted that he felt this was not City related. Why ? Was it - (A) He thinks that reference to a past manager is not City related? (B) He loves the Gas? or © He dislikes GJ and can't get over it himself?

Whether GJ is a Cult Hero or not should be left to personal discretion, but this forum will from time to time discuss past managers and rightly so. They are all part of our proud history. The fact that certain forum users don't like certain past managers being discussed is there own problem, i guess they will just have to learn to deal with it!

I take your point but i deliberately focused on the comment of Gary Johnson being a cult hero.

I disagree with Robbored 100% with his views towards Gary but I do agree that he has gone and we need to move on.

The point I was trying to make was that Johnson was an good City manager, not the super hero some people have made him out to be.

I take your point but i deliberately focused on the comment of Gary Johnson being a cult hero.

I disagree with Robbored 100% with his views towards Gary but I do agree that he has gone and we need to move on.

The point I was trying to make was that Johnson was an good City manager, not the super hero some people have made him out to be.

I agree with you that GJ was a good manager and not a super hero. I also think most people have moved on....but that does not mean we can not discuss past managers of the club. I am sure between now and the end of the season, and from time to time GJ will crop up in posts on this forum (as will other past managers). The fact that certain forum users are not able to handle this is there problem.....not ours!

Scott Murray only played in two promotion winning teams, would you not consider him a cult hero?

Bas savage was awful, Cult hero.

Gary brought this club from the duldrums. Gary changed this clubs outlook, with a smile and a cheeky and usually hilarious quip after every game.

He is a cult hero for reasons furthert than the fact he was our most successful manager in two decades.

you don't judge the relationship between the fans and the person by their relative success, that's the point of a cult hero.

My point was simply, Gary is a massive part of City's recent successful past, and is therefore related to Bristol City, despite Robbo's random hatred.

Archived