IGNORED

Qpr To Bid £500.000 For Orr

westonred

If this is the case, get the best fee possible.

But it would be a blow and not easily replaced as some are suggesting

1 year left, Probably one of the higher earners, Why waste wages on a guy who wants to leave and can just walk at the end of the season.

500k is a great fee under the circumstances.

I just happen to think that people are fooled by his apparent 'wearing of his heart on his sleeve' attitude, I don't believe he will be a loss.

i'm saying Orr is not good enough, I would add to that Carey needs to improve greatly and become the player we know he can be, Nyatanga needs to get some consistency and if Mcallister is not fit enough then he can go as well.

Fontaine is one of the best central defenders in the division, Ribiero and Wilson once fit will be there or there abouts and are great prospects.

2007/2008 is history, Since then we have had 2 seasons where we leaked stupid goals, We cannot go on like this.

I expect SC knows the players he would like to bring in to improve our dodgy defence.

Well I beg to differ almost completely, out of our back 4 Orr is the one I would keep, Carey and Mac are getting on a bit and need evolving out of the team.

Your talk of Fontaine is just hyperbole (don't get me wrong, I think he is good but not one of the best in the league) and your expectations of Ribiero and Wilson to be there or there about as top defenders in the league can only add undue pressure (how about just waiting and seeing how good they actually are?).

2007/2008 is history but so is last season it doesn't mean we can ignore it!

I also think Coppell knows who he needs to replace but as we are coming for completely different points of view I think this one will be interesting.

At the end of the day bradley has his faults, but he's a decent championship defender. However, all this is irrelevant because with a year left on his contract, if there's any indication he might not renew we should sell him. I suspect that for 500k we could find an adequate replacement

At the end of the day bradley has his faults, but he's a decent championship defender. However, all this is irrelevant because with a year left on his contract, if there's any indication he might not renew we should sell him. I suspect that for 500k we could find an adequate replacement

I'm not so sure we could. I can't think or any for 500k. Who did you have in mind?

Bradley is a very solid championship full back who could walk into most championship team IMO. i dont know how some people think he isnt good enough when in a previous season he got into the championship team of the season. I would be quite sad to see Bradley go especially when we dont have anyone experienced to take over.

In my opinion (for what its worth) Brad is ONE HUNDRED PER CENT BCFC through and through. He is a more than competent Championship full back who when allowed to do his job (the clue is in the title full back) is as good as their is in our division?

Just remember it was only a couple of seasons ago that he was voted into the PFA Championship team of the season by his fellow pro's.

The only criticism which I have seen on here is that he cannot cross a ball - Well whilst it is nice if a team does have a full back who can cross like a winger his first job is defending and cutting out the opposition wide players - a job that I personally think Brad does extremely well.

Like any of us who enjoyed the "luxury" of a fixed term contract on high wages it is only natural that when we are coming to the end of said contract we consider ALL of our options and I do not blame Brad "if" that is what he is doing, but, in the mean time I can absolutely guarantee that Brad will continue to give 100% to the badge that we all support (unlike quite a few recent loan signings who just "may" have been brought in on a much higher weekly basic than Bradders??????).

The club have mucked about with Brad in the past when he was made out to be the villain but a deal for Justin Hoyte from Arsenal had already been done and then when our (or not as the case may be!!!) Justin decided that he preferred the lure of Smogellsbrough then SL and GJ had to put the bandwagon into reverse pretty dam quick and make out that they really wanted to keep Brad all the time FACT.

Whatever Brad and his family do in the future will be the best for them and 'if" the future is away from Ashton all the very best of luck and thanks for what you have done for the club.

Personally I hope that Brad, his family, his agent, SL and SC see that he is an integral part of our team and we could do with a few more 100% RED AND WHITE in the coming months / years.

PS - As someone said before Stockhosen get your fat round tub of lard of an a*** of yours out of the pub and do some proper journalism rather than listening to agent tittle tattle and then inventing conspiracy theories out of your belly button fluff.

Why does everyone think Riberio is better than Bradley Orr at Right Back, in the few games Riberio played there he was caught out of position loads of times, however he did look the part when reverted to centre back. To sell Orr one of our better defenders to a rival would not be sensible and something I don't think will happen.

This is the evil post dragging up old news from NOTW many months ago. If Orr had everything in his game he would not be playing Championship football but high in the Premier League, he is a very good championship player and will only learn from Coppell IMO.

I think some of you need to remind yourselves of 2008 when he got dropped for not signing a contract, it coincided with a poor defensive run, recalled at Watford that season I believe and we won 4-0 I think. For me Orr should be captain, shows more passion for the shirt than any other player.

In my opinion (for what its worth) Brad is ONE HUNDRED PER CENT BCFC through and through. He is a more than competent Championship full back who when allowed to do his job (the clue is in the title full back) is as good as their is in our division?

Just remember it was only a couple of seasons ago that he was voted into the PFA Championship team of the season by his fellow pro's.

The only criticism which I have seen on here is that he cannot cross a ball - Well whilst it is nice if a team does have a full back who can cross like a winger his first job is defending and cutting out the opposition wide players - a job that I personally think Brad does extremely well.

Like any of us who enjoyed the "luxury" of a fixed term contract on high wages it is only natural that when we are coming to the end of said contract we consider ALL of our options and I do not blame Brad "if" that is what he is doing, but, in the mean time I can absolutely guarantee that Brad will continue to give 100% to the badge that we all support (unlike quite a few recent loan signings who just "may" have been brought in on a much higher weekly basic than Bradders??????).

The club have mucked about with Brad in the past when he was made out to be the villain but a deal for Justin Hoyte from Arsenal had already been done and then when our (or not as the case may be!!!) Justin decided that he preferred the lure of Smogellsbrough then SL and GJ had to put the bandwagon into reverse pretty dam quick and make out that they really wanted to keep Brad all the time FACT.

Whatever Brad and his family do in the future will be the best for them and 'if" the future is away from Ashton all the very best of luck and thanks for what you have done for the club.

Personally I hope that Brad, his family, his agent, SL and SC see that he is an integral part of our team and we could do with a few more 100% RED AND WHITE in the coming months / years.

PS - As someone said before Stockhosen get your fat round tub of lard of an a*** of yours out of the pub and do some proper journalism rather than listening to agent tittle tattle and then inventing conspiracy theories out of your belly button fluff.

or pass the ball.

What a bizzare thread, and again shows what little real football knowledge many of our fans have. Orr is a very good defender, and as the more astute have pointed out, works well in a 4-4-2. He is not and never will be a wing back. His crossing and sometimes passing seems to come under the biggest criticism (has anyone watched Prem full backs too???), but has anyone actually looked at the dire movement that is going on in front of him? I do not see him in the Prem no, he does not have the pace for that, but he is a damn good defender, and one part of our defence that could survive next year. Ribs has talent, but has lots of injuries as is meant to provide competition whilst he gets more games to develop. He is not a solution for this season 40 plus games however romantic that may seem. I would doubt SC wants to lose him, more so when he has to rebuild the centre of defence where Carey is at the end, Nyatanga did not improve and repeated the form that caused Derby to dump him. Fontaine has great talent, but even he went on a dire run of form. I have not seen any right backs in the Championship that I would say are a must have, and even if they were, for sure we could not afford them. Of course if Bradley does not want a new deal, it is better he goes now. Only problem is, QPR have no money, and the owners are funding the wage bill and not transfers. I know as some are friends of mine and they have not decided to put more money in at this stage though a new director will join soon. I hope he does not leave as I feel there are more important areas of the team that need improving fast, and until people actually sign, we have a small and unbalanced squad.

in your opinion Fabio.

One of the best? Have a day off, one of the worse a matter of fact!

The guy is poor, crap defending loses his marker too softly. Cant cross to save his life. 500k I would drive him there myself. Only good thing about him is that he is passionate, but that does not help him in the game!

one of the worst are you sure only 2 seasons ago he was in the championship side of the season, i for one would want to keep him as i believe hes a good motivator for those around him

Bradley Orr is a very limited football player. Voted right wing back of the year by fellow non-footballers is nothing more than what you can expect.

UMMMMM sorry swede but he is a very capable footballer. Voted right back of the year by fellow footballers!

or am I having a big whoosh moment?

You dont sell your best players and bradley is exactly that - he's a beast at the back. Not many wingers get past him.

Makes me laugh how, people want rid of our best right back in donkey's years and replace him with a promising but injury prone rookie.

Amen.

What a bizzare thread, and again shows what little real football knowledge many of our fans have. Orr is a very good defender, and as the more astute have pointed out, works well in a 4-4-2. He is not and never will be a wing back. His crossing and sometimes passing seems to come under the biggest criticism (has anyone watched Prem full backs too???), but has anyone actually looked at the dire movement that is going on in front of him? I do not see him in the Prem no, he does not have the pace for that, but he is a damn good defender, and one part of our defence that could survive next year. Ribs has talent, but has lots of injuries as is meant to provide competition whilst he gets more games to develop. He is not a solution for this season 40 plus games however romantic that may seem.

Well said - Bradley's crossing may not always find a city player - but they usually end up in good area's in the box - its not always his fault theres no one there....say at the back post.

What a bizzare thread, and again shows what little real football knowledge many of our fans have. Orr is a very good defender, and as the more astute have pointed out, works well in a 4-4-2. He is not and never will be a wing back. His crossing and sometimes passing seems to come under the biggest criticism (has anyone watched Prem full backs too???), but has anyone actually looked at the dire movement that is going on in front of him? I do not see him in the Prem no, he does not have the pace for that, but he is a damn good defender, and one part of our defence that could survive next year. Ribs has talent, but has lots of injuries as is meant to provide competition whilst he gets more games to develop. He is not a solution for this season 40 plus games however romantic that may seem. I would doubt SC wants to lose him, more so when he has to rebuild the centre of defence where Carey is at the end, Nyatanga did not improve and repeated the form that caused Derby to dump him. Fontaine has great talent, but even he went on a dire run of form. I have not seen any right backs in the Championship that I would say are a must have, and even if they were, for sure we could not afford them. Of course if Bradley does not want a new deal, it is better he goes now. Only problem is, QPR have no money, and the owners are funding the wage bill and not transfers. I know as some are friends of mine and they have not decided to put more money in at this stage though a new director will join soon. I hope he does not leave as I feel there are more important areas of the team that need improving fast, and until people actually sign, we have a small and unbalanced squad.

While I agree with the general gist of your post (i.e. being in support of Orr) saying that people don't understand football because they have a different opinion to you is a little uncalled for, we all have opinions and everyone has different priorities and expectations, we all see the game slightly different to the next guy and form different opinions based on what we see compared to what we expect. There's no need to dismiss peoples opinions as lack of knowledge simply because its not the same as your opinion.

While I agree with the general gist of your post (i.e. being in support of Orr) saying that people don't understand football because they have a different opinion to you is a little uncalled for, we all have opinions and everyone has different priorities and expectations, we all see the game slightly different to the next guy and form different opinions based on what we see compared to what we expect. There's no need to dismiss peoples opinions as lack of knowledge simply because its not the same as your opinion.

A very valid point and excellently expressesed.

The only real person who's opinion matters is The managers.

Yes, It's like saying "People don't understand politics, coz they voted for Cleggy and Dopey Dave"......er, I've lost my point somewhere.

Pedant perhaps but wrong. It matters not what the origin of the meaning is or was the only thing that matters is the interpertation of the phrase currently. No one I am sure would identify Journeyman as a footballer :fingerscrossed:of middling ability, but rather one that moves from club to club regulary.

Come on a bit of reality..please

I dont read the Sun:disapointed2se:

Well my understanding of the word 'journeyman' has always been that it meant 'of middling or average ability, lacking excellence'. I have never come across it meaning 'well-travelled' except on this thread. But you are correct in your assertion that if the word has become used in the context of being well-travelled then that's exactly what the word means and the dictionaries should be updated (much the same as the kidnapping of the original meaning for the word 'gay').

However, in my experience, the word is always used in terms of the dictionary meaning and I have no recollection of the word being used with another meaning.

Pedant perhaps but wrong. It matters not what the origin of the meaning is or was the only thing that matters is the interpertation of the phrase currently. No one I am sure would identify Journeyman as a footballer :fingerscrossed:of middling ability, but rather one that moves from club to club regulary.

Rubbish, this is nothing to do with etymology. Misunderstanding a word doesn't make it mean something different, what a silly idea.

The meaning here hasn't changed at all, journeyman has never meant "moves around a lot".

I would bite their hand off. Ribiero is better. Lets be honest, Orr is a bit of a donkey and I'm fed up with watching his crosses fly into the Atyeo.

Yep, are that's when we are attacking the East End... ?:yawn:

Well until a couple days ago I always thought it meant a player that moved around a lot, now I know it means a player of average ability that doesn't seem able excel. Where does this leave the fact that the word has been used in one context by the writer and understood in the way the writer intended by some and not understood in the way the writer intended by others. Surely its mine and your unintended ignorance that's the issue here not a problem with the use of a word that seems easy to misinterpret.

Is bloody ORR still here,

" right ok " I will grab the car keys and drive him there myself, I will get as much as I can, £500 quid, that will do, I will put maccer in the boot, they can have him aswell............ :whistle2: :whistle2:

:phone: .................right just tell the wife i will be gone for a couple of hours,

:yawn: where are my keys...............

Well until a couple days ago I always thought it meant a player that moved around a lot, now I know it means a player of average ability that doesn't seem able excel. Where does this leave the fact that the word has been used in one context by the writer and understood in the way the writer intended by some and not understood in the way the writer intended by others. Surely its mine and your unintended ignorance that's the issue here not a problem with the use of a word that seems easy to misinterpret.

I'm with Nibor. It's derivation is as follows:

A man who served his apprenticeship in a trade and worked as a fully qualified employee. The term originated in the regulations of the medieval trade guilds; it derives from the French journée

I'm with Nibor. It's derivation is as follows:

A man who served his apprenticeship in a trade and worked as a fully qualified employee. The term originated in the regulations of the medieval trade guilds; it derives from the French journée

So am I. My point was that it was only my unintended ignorance that led me to believe it meant moving around. The point I was trying to make to Ten Minutes of Rough was that ignorance of the word doesn't mean that the word in question means whatever you think it means, all it means is your wrong.

For me this is all a matter of perspective and Ten Minutes of Rough is seeing this from his own perspective and everyone else seems to see it from the language perspective. I think this is perfect moment to say there is no spoon to coin a matrix phrase!

Rubbish, this is nothing to do with etymology. Misunderstanding a word doesn't make it mean something different, what a silly idea.

The meaning here hasn't changed at all, journeyman has never meant "moves around a lot".

Maybe not, but I have spoken to all the lads at work today and we all agree that in football terms, it means "moves around a lot"

Maybe not, but I have spoken to all the lads at work today and we all agree that in football terms, it means "moves around a lot"

It doesn't have any special meaning in football terms, it just has a common misunderstanding for which you can blame a combination of the norman invasion, the education system, tabloid journalists and Steve Claridge.

It's a mistake that is also peculiarly much more common in Bristol than elsewhere as well for some reason.

It doesn't have any special meaning in football terms, it just has a common misunderstanding for which you can blame a combination of the norman invasion, the education system, tabloid journalists and Steve Claridge.

It's a mistake that is also peculiarly much more common in Bristol than elsewhere as well for some reason.

Well that cracked me up!

Archived