IGNORED

Entering The Pitch Music?

KeNDAILIL

Most teams come out to a traditional song/tune that is particularly related to the club (eg. Everton - 'Z Cars'; West Ham - 'I'm forever blowing bubbles' etc..).

Running out to bland, modern popular music is pointless because it'll be forgotten in a year or two.

I'm amazed that football fans, who have an enormous tribal tendency, would want their team to run out to anything other than a song/tune that is ageless and forever related to the club to enhance the 'sense of belonging' which is so important to fans.

The traditional songs/tunes are the ones that everyone relates to and grew up with - just because YOU happen to like a particular piece of music and feel it would be great for the team to run out to it, doesn't mean that everyone has your taste in music.

Personally, I dislike the majority of modern pop music - it lacks talent and musicianship and is mainly formed by electronic means rather than the playing of instruments. Ask yourself how much of it will be remembered in 30 years time, compared to the classic stuff of the mid-to-late 20th century?

Personally, I dislike the majority of modern pop music - it lacks talent and musicianship and is mainly formed by electronic means rather than the playing of instruments. Ask yourself how much of it will be remembered in 30 years time, compared to the classic stuff of the mid-to-late 20th century?

Which has always been the case. We tend to forget that MOST music has been crap all throughout history. The stuff we remember is the cream of the crop, and this era is no different.

Lord please not that bloomin sky sports news music from requiem for a dream

i think thats gotta be one of the worst picks ever

When watching requiem for a dream it seems to perfectly accompany the fear and doom of various drug addicts descending into madness

Whats the point of building up the drama every time they come back from a break just to announce some pointless news like 'Ian Bell has sprained his ankle' or something like that.

ruined it

id rather see something traditional to run out to, or alternatively something that kickstarts a party atmosphere like that carnival paris song

Most teams come out to a traditional song/tune that is particularly related to the club (eg. Everton - 'Z Cars'; West Ham - 'I'm forever blowing bubbles' etc..).

Running out to bland, modern popular music is pointless because it'll be forgotten in a year or two.

I'm amazed that football fans, who have an enormous tribal tendency, would want their team to run out to anything other than a song/tune that is ageless and forever related to the club to enhance the 'sense of belonging' which is so important to fans.

The traditional songs/tunes are the ones that everyone relates to and grew up with - just because YOU happen to like a particular piece of music and feel it would be great for the team to run out to it, doesn't mean that everyone has your taste in music.

Spot on, modern pop =designed by computers, like modern cars, can't tell one from t'other!

Just been out on my usual morning Sunday stroll with canines and had ipod on shuffle and after listening to Gabby's post Plymouth interview (Just how long ago was that!!!) the following came on:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHtowjk6j1E&feature=related

I reckon combined with something BCFC related ie One for the or something similar it would be cracking?

Just my view?

Just been out on my usual morning Sunday stroll with canines and had ipod on shuffle and after listening to Gabby's post Plymouth interview (Just how long ago was that!!!) the following came on:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHtowjk6j1E&feature=related

I reckon combined with something BCFC related ie One for the or something similar it would be cracking?

Just my view?

I do recall they used this music at Brum a couple seasons ago, and i will admitt it sounded pretty good.

However i still feel the sky sports music would be best

Archived