IGNORED

Kalifa Cisse [merged]

Whites

Shame it's completely unviewable! ( apart from the terrace where I spent many a saturday afternoon and tuesday eve when I were a lad)

Well, almost every Reading fan in that section of the crowd was smashed including the bloke recording the video. I'm in that vid actually, when the camera pans left there's an unmissable bloke punching his arms in the air, a girl in colours giving a one-armed punch, a bloke who has a face like a rat...I'm just the other side of them in a dark jacket.

I usually have a look where the fella's come from when we sign a player.

Looking at this -

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99535

seems to back up our Reading mate's view here as well.

Anyway, one thing about our fans that annoy me frequently - well actually its every football club but I don't care about any other club - is that we make a decision whether a bloke is shit or not before he's stepped onto the pitch!!

Looking at past history, it's mixed in being right or wrong -

Millwall - Elliott is shit, doesn't try and bottles tackles. Verdict - Wrong on all counts

QPR - On signing Ageymang I didn't see any comments because it was 3 pages of laughter on their board. Verdict - Most definitely correct!!

So there is precedence and there is complete nonsense.

I hope to see the big fella prove people wrong and he starts here with a clean slate for me.

I usually have a look where the fella's come from when we sign a player.

Looking at this -

http://hobnob.royals...php?f=1&t=99535

seems to back up our Reading mate's view here as well.

Anyway, one thing about our fans that annoy me frequently - well actually its every football club but I don't care about any other club - is that we make a decision whether a bloke is shit or not before he's stepped onto the pitch!!

Well, I'm not saying he's gonna be shit - All I have said is the signs arent good. I hope he does well for us.

:preacher:To me most managers make strange team selections and sign players they know,

I cannot believe that most the reading fans writing that hes basically not up to CCC football and that they are happy he has gone, to me they will prove to be right,

I hope he does do well, but i dont think this is the kind of signing we were all hoping for, we always seem to sign players who cant get a game for thier own clubs, ( AGEYMANG) etc, we new he was crap too.

I would rather we signed an Older player being released by a prem side or gamble on the best player in a lower league club than someone who has not cut it in a side who are basically no better than us.

SL please bring in some quality and stop wasting money on these also rans. :preacher:

:preacher:To me most managers make strange team selections and sign players they know,

I cannot believe that most the reading fans writing that hes basically not up to CCC football and that they are happy he has gone, to me they will prove to be right,

I hope he does do well, but i dont think this is the kind of signing we were all hoping for, we always seem to sign players who cant get a game for thier own clubs, ( AGEYMANG) etc, we new he was crap too.

I would rather we signed an Older player being released by a prem side or gamble on the best player in a lower league club than someone who has not cut it in a side who are basically no better than us.

SL please bring in some quality and stop wasting money on these also rans. :preacher:

Like Adomah?

Personally Im not expecting any big names come in this summer!

I would rather we signed an (1) Older player being released by a prem side or gamble on the (2) best player in a lower league club than someone who has not cut it in a side who are basically no better than us.

(3) SL please bring in some quality and stop wasting money on these also rans. :preacher:

(1) Like Marcus Stewart?.

(2) Like Adomah?.

(3) of course I forgot we are the Manu of the championship.

My god even GJ was given about 2 and a bit seasons before the doubters started to microscopically dissect every decision he made, We have'nt even kicked a ball in anger yet.

Exactly what signs, Evidence is this or just feelings?.

All the reading fans saying that he aint great and they wont miss him.

Of course he could be Marvin Elliott mark 2, but marv was alot younger than cisse.

The fact he is 5th choice at a rival club is worrying too - if he's not good enough for reading then the chances are he wont be for us

Of course he could be Marvin Elliott mark 2, but marv was alot younger than cisse.

The fact he is 5th choice at a rival club is worrying too - if he's not good enough for reading then the chances are he wont be for us

OK, So the guy whose photo adorns your postings. Was 30 years of age when he arrived at BCFC, His only traceable history was 25 games at St Albans City, Having already even been turned down by the mighty Weymouth (so if he was'nt good enough for Weymouth, Then the chances are he won't be for us). When he started to play for us the universal thought was that he was a 'clown' and it actually took many many weeks before anyone took Basso to our hearts.

oh the short memories, double standards and hypocrisy of it all.

OK, So the guy whose photo adorns your postings. Was 30 years of age when he arrived at BCFC, His only traceable history was 25 games at St Albans City, Having already even been turned down by the mighty Weymouth (so if he was'nt good enough for Weymouth, Then the chances are he won't be for us). When he started to play for us the universal thought was that he was a 'clown' and it actually took many many weeks before anyone took Basso to our hearts.

oh the short memories, double standards and hypocrisy of it all.

double standards? how is it double standards? I'm not saying that he's gonna be shit - I'm just giving you the reasons why i have doubts.

of course players like Elliott & Basso turn the careers round and Cisse has a fresh start here to do that - good luck to him. I have no idea if he'll be a success, but surely i'm allowed to have my doubts on a player without being hypocritical or have double standards.

Was'nt so long ago I was being called a happy clapper - no doubt it'll come full circle soon.

I don't think there's many on here that couldn't admit to a slight sense of disappointment/doubt over the signing of a player who was well down the pecking order at a club who we are hoping to challenge for promotion. However, the guy clearly has talent and from what others have posted on here (Ole), has proved his quality against clubs like Porto and Benfica in the past. Obviously his form over the last couple of years hasn't been great, but Coppell is backing himself to get Cisse back to top form and i don't think any of us have the right or the info to challenge that belief. How about we stop the back biting (at each other and SC/KC) and just give the lad a chance. After all, we all thought Sno was going to get us promotion and he was a disappointment so it stands to reason it can work both ways

Thank you

I don't think there's many on here that couldn't admit to a slight sense of disappointment/doubt over the signing of a player who was well down the pecking order at a club who we are hoping to challenge for promotion. However, the guy clearly has talent and from what others have posted on here (Ole), has proved his quality against clubs like Porto and Benfica in the past. Obviously his form over the last couple of years hasn't been great, but Coppell is backing himself to get Cisse back to top form and i don't think any of us have the right or the info to challenge that belief. How about we stop the back biting (at each other and SC/KC) and just give the lad a chance. After all, we all thought Sno was going to get us promotion and he was a disappointment so it stands to reason it can work both ways

Thank you

I give all city players a chance.

Thank you:city:

(1) Like Marcus Stewart?.

(2) Like Adomah?.

(3) of course I forgot we are the Manu of the championship.

My god even GJ was given about 2 and a bit seasons before the doubters started to microscopically dissect every decision he made, We have'nt even kicked a ball in anger yet.

Who said we had to be MAN UTD, to sign better players than we have.

In my oppinion we should be signing the 3 or 4 quality players needed, not players who cant get in the sides around us, What dont you get about that,

I am not saying spend millions, but 500,000 to sign cisse could of been used on wages for a better quality FRee transfer from the prem, or if we are going to sign more gambles, why not the best players from the clubs around us and below, not the ones that cant get in thier own team,

All cetlic fans said SNO was crap, we all thought they were wrong.............ummmm no they wern't , he was crap too.

Come on MR COPPELL dont start signing gambles, plz............we had that with the LITTLE FAT BLOKE,

Suggesting that there may be doubts seems reasonable to me, it is just analysing the information, and making an assessment. As has been shown many times in the past, that judgement may not be correct, but at least it is evidence based. Just saying 'I trust Coppell' is prety pointless, he has no track record of signings at City, and similar things were said of Johnson as we had a string of pretty awful/ unsuitable/ badly handled signings. And what is the point of just saying 'he will be brilliant' blindly? It adds nothing to the debate.

Whatever we write, we all hope that a great signing has been made, and all players start with a clean slate (Although in the case of Ageymang it was hard to be enthused).

Trouble is that we are losing a lot of money, and propped up by a wealthy businessman - We can't aford too many Trundle-esque errors.

Like Adomah?

Personally Im not expecting any big names come in this summer!

Yeah that makes sence, give coppell the bloody job but dont expect him to sign better players, yeah that really makes sence..........:disapointed2se:.

I fully expect COPPELL to bring in better players other wise we just aswell of given the job to millen

Yeah that makes sence, give coppell the bloody job but dont expect him to sign better players, yeah that really makes sence..........:disapointed2se:.

I fully expect COPPELL to bring in better players other wise we just aswell of given the job to millen

No,. you expect Coppell to bring in big names, there's a difference.

You haven't got a clue whether Cisse or Adomah are better players or not.

Coppell probably knows what he's doing more so than anyone on this forum so can we stop moaning about Cisse until he's played 5-10 games? If he is as bad as everyone seems to expect him to be then start slagging him off but until then give the guy a chance?

No,. you expect Coppell to bring in big names, there's a difference.

You haven't got a clue whether Cisse or Adomah are better players or not.

I haven't said BIG NAMES once in any thread, so read before your reply,

CISSE with be shite, just like agyemang and sno, not rated by thier own fans, so i say the majority will be correct.

not inpired at all,

I will go on record now, CISSE is shite as a midfield player, onyt at centre back will he be just ok.

Suggesting that there may be doubts seems reasonable to me, it is just analysing the information, and making an assessment. As has been shown many times in the past, that judgement may not be correct, but at least it is evidence based. Just saying 'I trust Coppell' is prety pointless, he has no track record of signings at City, and similar things were said of Johnson as we had a string of pretty awful/ unsuitable/ badly handled signings. And what is the point of just saying 'he will be brilliant' blindly? It adds nothing to the debate.

Whatever we write, we all hope that a great signing has been made, and all players start with a clean slate (Although in the case of Ageymang it was hard to be enthused).

Trouble is that we are losing a lot of money, and propped up by a wealthy businessman - We can't aford too many Trundle-esque errors.

Could'nt have put it better myself.

CISSE with be shite, just like agyemang and sno, not rated by thier own fans, so i say the majority will be correct.

not inpired at all,

I will go on record now, CISSE is shite as a midfield player, onyt at centre back will he be just ok.

christ... seen it all now

not inpired at all,

And you base this on watching him how many times?

not inpired at all,

Did you apply for the managers position when it was up for grabs?

I know you haven't said it, but it's what you mean. You're more concerned about a reputation which is why you're making utterly ridiculous judgements about players you've seen next to nothing of.

The game is full of players who have not played to their potential at one club but have at another.

not inpired at all,

You're embarrassing yourself, and other city fans.

not inpired at all,

No but you did say this "I would rather we signed an Older player being released by a prem side", We've been there and tried that and it failed spectacularly, Not only Stewart but also Bridges. For the record who do you have in mind from the prem? who meets your description.

1)Suggesting that there may be doubts seems reasonable to me, it is just analysing the information, and making an assessment. 2)As has been shown many times in the past, that judgement may not be correct, 3)but at least it is evidence based. 4)Just saying 'I trust Coppell' is prety pointless, he has no track record of signings at City, and similar things were said of Johnson as we had a string of pretty awful/ unsuitable/ badly handled signings. And what is the point of just saying 'he will be brilliant' blindly? It adds nothing to the debate.

1) Correct

2) Correct

3) Correct, But still hearsay.

4) Correct, However he does have an almost impeccable track record.

4) Correct, However he does have an almost impeccable track record.

As did our previous manager, as does Alex Ferguson as does Arsene Wenger etc etc.

But all managers make mistakes with regards to signings, including Alex ferguson, wenger..... without doing much research I'm sure coppell has made duff signings

As did our previous manager, as does Alex Ferguson as does Arsene Wenger etc etc.

But all managers make mistakes with regards to signings, including Alex ferguson, wenger..... without doing much research I'm sure coppell has made duff signings

Old Sir Alex bought our very own Ralph Milne, nuff said :dancing6:

Correct, But actually at this moment in time he has not made a duff signing for BCFC only the future will answer that one and that is why, Rather than join certain forum members who made ridiculous statements and then rather than admit they were wrong triy to defend their positions (now including a contributor to this thread) I will reserve judgement and give him and the NEW manager my full support until the evidence tells me otherwise, I even afforded that respect to Tinnion, Who privately was not too happy about his appointment as manager.

Why because to be honest I always want BCFC to succeed rather than be proved correct personally, whether or not privately I like the manager or certain players or not, unlike certain other posters.

and more importantly it shows a lack of respect towards a manager who has yet to select a team, select a system, give them tactics and make a substitution and the bottom line is whose judgement would I trust most a guy who has played and managed at the highest level or Riaz or Terjon, ummmmm that's a difficult one.

Archived