IGNORED

Kalifa Cisse [merged]

Whites

Did you apply for the managers position when it was up for grabs?

I would love the job my friend,

i have managed at semi pro level and would love the opportunity. unfortunatley they wouldnt give it to me.

I would love the England Job too, because you wouldnt see steve gerrard out on the left, emile heskey in the squad, a 442 formation, david james in goal, shaun wright phillips in the squad etc etc etc,

@ City I would ship out ORR, Maccer, Sproule, Johnson, Carey, Clarkson, and I wouldnt of signed Agyemang from QPR (you can look on here for my comments when THE LITTLE FAT BLOKE SIGNED HIM on loan), I didnt rate G J All last year,

Does that make me qualify for the JOB, no it probably dosn't, but I question this signing..

I want to see progress at the club, lets sign some quality.

Correct, But actually at this moment in time he has not made a duff signing for BCFC only the future will answer that one and that is why, Rather than join certain forum members who made ridiculous statements and then rather than admit they were wrong triy to defend their positions (now including a contributor to this thread) I will reserve judgement and give him and the NEW manager my full support until the evidence tells me otherwise, I even afforded that respect to Tinnion, Who privately was not too happy about his appointment as manager.

Why because to be honest I always want BCFC to succeed rather than be proved correct personally, whether or not privately I like the manager or certain players or not, unlike certain other posters.

and more importantly it shows a lack of respect towards a manager who has yet to select a team, select a system, give them tactics and make a substitution and the bottom line is whose judgement would I trust most a guy who has played and managed at the highest level or Riaz or Terjon, ummmmm that's a difficult one.

Who says they dont have my full support? who says you should trust my judgement? I was giving my opinion - I didnt give it as gospel.

So what your saying is, we should only post our postive thoughts and we should never post our true opinions or doubts if they are negative???

I'll tell you what Riaz, Have the courage of your convictions and go to the open day and pass on your concerns to SC or even Mr Cisse.

What a pathetic post. I actually trust the managers judgement more than my own for starters - and why would I approach our new manager and player about my opinion.

SC's attitude has deflated my enthusiasm for this signing. You need 23+ players a season, you need people to be able to cover a variety of positions. Now I hope SC is just being understated, but I can't get excited by signing Brian Wilson mkII. Squad players don't thrill. Perhaps he's going straight into our first team and will be a huge improvement, because that's what will excite, not someone slightly better sitting on the bench.

At least people can can see why in UK law, An accused previous convictions cannot be used against him during a trial, Because everybody would be guilty before the trial even started.

and reading one or two posters, Look out SC you are in for bumpy ride, Even GJ had to lose 10 games on the bounce to start to lose some of this forum, You've managed it without a ball kicked, Welcome to BCFC.

At least people can can see why in UK law, An accused previous convictions cannot be used against him during a trial, Because everybody would be guilty before the trial even started.

and reading one or two posters, Look out SC you are in for bumpy ride, Even GJ had to lose 10 games on the bounce to start to lose some of this forum, You've managed it without a ball kicked, Welcome to BCFC.

You know what - from now on, Every signing he makes we can all say is fantastic , We're gonna play amazing in every game - with every player playing amazing - everything will be amazing - everything is perfect.

Is this how things should be?

i have managed at semi pro level and would love the opportunity. unfortunatley they wouldnt give it to me.

I would love the England Job too, because you wouldnt see steve gerrard out on the left, emile heskey in the squad, a 442 formation, david james in goal, shaun wright phillips in the squad etc etc etc,

@ City I would ship out ORR, Maccer, Sproule, Johnson, Carey, Clarkson, and I wouldnt of signed Agyemang from QPR (you can look on here for my comments when THE LITTLE FAT BLOKE SIGNED HIM on loan), I didnt rate G J All last year,

Does that make me qualify for the JOB, no it probably dosn't, but I question this signing..

Isn't there a contradiction in your position? You insist on "big name" players. Thanks to the Premier League hype machine England has some of the biggest "names" in the world. Yet those very celebrities struggle to control a football, cannot string two passes together, are tactically dumb and are a bunch of overpaid wasters. In the world context most of the German side were nobodies in your terms but have proven to be vastly superior as individuals and as a team. So is it big names or good players? Or are we trapped in the X Factor generation where celebrity counts for more than talent?

What level semi-pro did you manage terjon?

Funny why a manager who has taken two seperate football clubs to the Premier League has not "shipped" out these players you mention.

May be thats why hes been in the professional game over thirty years and you have not.

Carey is still our best defender, Fonts is getting close though.

Was not one of the main attributes afforded to SC by posters on this forum , when he signed on as manager, the fact that he had a good record at finding unproven players at lower levels, and getting to play well at higher levels. I seem to remember Doyle being the most quoted name. But as soon as he actually goes "rough diamond" hunting he gets it in the neck for not signing "names".

Some people need to work out what they actually want.

I agree with all of that and everyone of those players mentioned should not be playing next season for us.

Carey purely on age grounds now hindering his speed.

Orr for reasons of commitment etc

McAllister, Clarkson, Johnson, Sproule are just not good enough.

Isn't there a contradiction in your position? You insist on "big name" players. Thanks to the Premier League hype machine England has some of the biggest "names" in the world. Yet those very celebrities struggle to control a football, cannot string two passes together, are tactically dumb and are a bunch of overpaid wasters. In the world context most of the German side were nobodies in your terms but have proven to be vastly superior as individuals and as a team. So is it big names or good players? Or are we trapped in the X Factor generation where celebrity counts for more than talent?

I have not insisted on BIG NAME PLAYERS at all, so get your facts correct, I have said we need 3 - 4 players of better quality than we have, some with prem experience,

The Prem league players are of a much better standard than the CCC players and we need some to help us reach the next level rather than wasting £500,000 on a player who couldnt get in Readings first 11,

As for the so called BIG STARS for England its simple, The Prem and the english game is built around coaches who insist on getting the ball forward as quickly as possible, all the young players are coached this way, which is the problem when we get to the world cup. The world cup games are based on movement touch control and pass, thats why our players struglle,

we basically want to play at 100 miles and hour, it works in english football but not on the world stage.

Gerrard. Rooney, Terry, Heskey, Lampard, are all power players, not technical players with great touch and finess, Thats why players like des santos of mexico and robinho of brasil play well at world football but can't hack it in the prem, its a different game.

Funny why a manager who has taken two seperate football clubs to the Premier League has not "shipped" out these players you mention.

May be thats why hes been in the professional game over thirty years and you have not.

Carey is still our best defender, Fonts is getting close though.

Correction: he has been in the game as long as me but at different levels, he was a fantastic player and as done well as a manager,

it dosn't make him god and it dosn't mean this is a good signing,

In fact most ex pros are crap managers, I should know i have done better at clubs that have been managed by ex liverpool players, ex arsenal players etc , so does that make me god......no.

i have an oppinion, which this forum is for.

I have not insisted on BIG NAME PLAYERS at all, so get your facts correct, I have said we need 3 - 4 players of better quality than we have, some with prem experience,

The Prem league players are of a much better standard than the CCC players and we need some to help us reach the next level rather than wasting £500,000 on a player who couldnt get in Readings first 11,

As for the so called BIG STARS for England its simple, The Prem and the english game is built around coaches who insist on getting the ball forward as quickly as possible, all the young players are coached this way, which is the problem when we get to the world cup. The world cup games are based on movement touch control and pass, thats why our players struglle,

we basically want to play at 100 miles and hour, it works in english football but not on the world stage.

Gerrard. Rooney, Terry, Heskey, Lampard, are all power players, not technical players with great touch and finess, Thats why players like des santos of mexico and robinho of brasil play well at world football but can't hack it in the prem, its a different game.

Fair enough on the big names issue, I withdraw that part of my post. On your demand for older Prem players though what the advantage is of signing somebody on the way down looking to boost their pension fund I'm not sure. I would hope we had learned our lesson on that one. However I entirely agree with your analysis of the problem with the English game. There is another group to blame though; the fans, since they demand precisely the kind of football you describe then are angry when it predictably doesn't work at international level.

On your demand for older Prem players though what the advantage is of signing somebody on the way down looking to boost their pension fund I'm not sure.

That's a very valid point.

Way back when we were in the final v Hull to go up I was chatting to a really good mate of mine who is from West Bromwich.

He said one of the careful things to watch, which has burned them numerous times, is 'journeymen' Prem players looking for a pension supplement who really couldn't give a fk if we stay up, go down, go bust etc.

I'd rather players keen to have a go and young than old t*ssers who couldn't give a fk.

Look at Newcastle when they went down. How many gave a monkeys?

How long did you reckon Viduka stayed awake that night upset they had gone down? Or do you reckon he just sat and waited for his payday?

Look at Newcastle when they went down. How many gave a monkeys?

Just to sort of answer my own question -

Of that day Newcastle went down at Villa Park, I thought 2 people looked like they cared

a) Alan Shearer

b) Nicky Butt

The boy made of glass I think was on the mobile to his agent sorting out the Man Utd deal before he took his boots off.

Don't want blokes like that at this football club.

I agree with all of that and everyone of those players mentioned should not be playing next season for us.

If you think we should get rid of Carey then half the squad may as well go, we should be looking for a long term replacement but definitely not be kicking him out yet.

McAllister isn't exactly great and we should be looking for another LB to give him competition.

Probably agree with Johnson and Sproule although i think both are useful squad players.

What brings you to the conclusion that Clarkson isn't good enough? It's not like you've seen him have a run of games up front. He has got a good touch and probably the best finisher at the club, would definitely like to see him get more of a chance this year.

If you think we should get rid of Carey then half the squad may as well go, we should be looking for a long term replacement but definitely not be kicking him out yet.

McAllister isn't exactly great and we should be looking for another LB to give him competition.

Probably agree with Johnson and Sproule although i think both are useful squad players.

What brings you to the conclusion that Clarkson isn't good enough? It's not like you've seen him have a run of games up front. He has got a good touch and probably the best finisher at the club, would definitely like to see him get more of a chance this year.

This is the first season where I think Carey will really struggle so I am just kind of pre-empting it.

Last season if we're honest, he was being beaten time and again by opposition forwards when in years past he wouldn't have been.

I'm a huge fan of Louis and always will be but we're not 25 forever are we? Purely age, nothing more.

Clarkson? Too slow in my opinion. I think we need better and there is better within our budgets too.

This is the first season where I think Carey will really struggle so I am just kind of pre-empting it.

Last season if we're honest, he was being beaten time and again by opposition forwards when in years past he wouldn't have been.

I'm a huge fan of Louis and always will be but we're not 25 forever are we? Purely age, nothing more.

Clarkson? Too slow in my opinion. I think we need better and there is better within our budgets too.

Carey has something to play for. Forget the main site, as usual its way out of date, but Carey is only 50/60 or so matches away from John Atyeo's City appearance record. He's a Bristolian and could reach the record in a season and a bit.. Of course Atyeo did score 340+ goals.

Just on the main site. Three times last season I asked BCFC to revise Akinde's stats. Read on !!!!!

The main site shows : Akinde at 6 ft 2ins as weighing a puny under nourished 10stone 1lb. Thats lighter than little Lee !

Who maintains that information and how do we get our clubs players information to be an accurate up to date read ?

From what little information I've come across about Kalifa Cisse it sounds to me that he played well under Steve Coppell but his consistancy went after Coppell left. This makes me think the SC does know how to get the best out of the man he has just bought. Is he a good signing for Bristol City? I haven't got a clue because I've not really seen him play much and not with the players he has around him at the Gate. People have been saying on this thread that we need players with Premier League experiance, isn't that just what Steve has just signed? Wasn't his best season for Reading his first when they were in the Prem?

I don't particularly like negativity towards new players, it does give the wrong impression of the club and it's supporters,but those who do have a poor opinion of the new man must have their reasons for that view and have every right to share their thoughts on the forum. I hope Mr Cisse proves them wrong as I'm sure they hope to be wrong because if they are it's for the good of the football club. If they have made a mistake I'm sure they will happily admit to it.

We all have our own thoughts and with the greater use of the internet these thought are made more public unlike the days when you'd go to work or down the pub and discuss things with a couple of mates. At the moment nobodys right or wrong but it's good to have a healthy discusion about all aspects of BCFC and just because someones view differs from your doesn't make them wrong nor does your opinion have to be right. In the past we've signed players and if cringed but they have gone on to be good servents of the club. At other times I've been excited about a new player only to feel let down, so the proof of the pudding, as they say is in the eating, and I for one hope Kalifa Cisse show us how good he is on the 7th August and every match after that.

I haven't said BIG NAMES once in any thread, so read before your reply,

CISSE with be shite, just like agyemang and sno, not rated by thier own fans, so i say the majority will be correct.

not inpired at all,

I will go on record now, CISSE is shite as a midfield player, onyt at centre back will he be just ok.

Jesus, you're worse than some of the fools on "Hob Nob Anyone?" can be!

Cisse will be adequate, although expensive at half a million (if, of course, that figure is a true reflection of the fee - it was the classic Coppell undisclosed fee after all). Cisse will always, without fail, give you 100%. One thing I thought he was great at was his tackling, but his suspect positional sense meant that he wasn't always there to make the challenge. One thing's for sure, Cisse had his best games at Reading under Coppell and if you boys can play anything like we did in the first half of the season 08/09 then Cisse will be a decent acquisition. I hope he does well, but he won't be as bad as the quoted fella thinks he will be, but at the same time he won't pull up any trees. One thing's for certain, Cisse was never booed or berated when he was on the pitch, not that I heard from my vantage point anyway...

...without doing much research I'm sure coppell has made duff signings

Ha, ohhhh yes. In a nutshell, give Coppell big money, his success rate seriously wanes. Give him the job of picking up bargains and he'll win your hearts. Taking a quick look at his signings for Reading:

£100k - Ivar Ingimarsson - massive success.

Free - Dean Morgan - flop.

£150k - Dave Kitson - massive success.

Free - Lloyd Owusu - bought in to do a job. Relative success.

Free - Glen Little - massive success.

Free - Ibtahima Sonko - massive success.

Free - Paul Brooker - Ok.

£800k - Bobby Convey - mixed bag.

Free - Les Ferdinand - flop.

Free - Martin Keown - ok.

£78k - Kevin Doyle - the bloke will never need to buy a drink in Reading again.

£22k - Shane Long - improving success.

Free - Stephen hunt - massive success but an irritable little shit.

£1 million - Leroy Lita - I hated him, but he at least scored some goals. Mixed bag.

£350k - Brynjar Gunnarsson - success.

Free - John Oster - flop.

Free - Chris Makin - success.

Free - Aaron Brown - not good.

Unknown fee - Scott Golbourne - flattered to deceive.

£250k - John Halls - flop.

£1.5 million - Seol ki-Hyeun - mixed bag.

£350k - Sam Sodje - flop.

Free - Graham Stack - flop.

Free - Ulises de la Cruz - success.

£2.5 million - Greg Halford - massive flop.

£800k - Michael Duberry - general success.

£600k - Kalifa Cisse - mixed bag.

£2.5 million - Emerse Fae - absolute disaster.

Player ex (Seol ki-Hyeun) - Liam Rosenior - success.

£1 million - Marek Matejovsky - loved by fans but general unlucky flop.

£400k - Jimmy Kebe - flop for 2 years until January this year.

£600k - Noel Hunt - success but injury prone.

£500k - Chris Armstrong - read Noel Hunt.

£350k - Jay Tabb - success in midfield, flop out wide.

Some mixed bags, some absolute dreams, and a couple of huge big-money flops. This is, of course, my opinion but generally Coppell was adequate in the transfer market.

OMG!! I cant believe this thread.

As my forum name say's i'm a Judge (of Bristol City fc) & i find Kalifa Cisse innocent until proven guilty of being a poor football player. He is innocent untill i've Judged him after a few games first. Then i will give my out right verdict.

Steve Coppell has not even taken charge of a first team game yet. Is the jury still out on him? No i dont think so. So why the hell is Kallifa Cissa any different?

Can everyone els who claims to be TRUE Bristol City supporter on this forum please do the same.

Thank you!!!

So we need 2 possibly 3 new fullbacks then as well as at least another CB? Carey has at least another season in him imo and I'd like Orr to stay. I also think Clarkson has a lot more to offer and Sproule is a useful squad player to have.

Archived