IGNORED

Lee Trundle

Rocky

I know it never really worked out with us and he didnt repeat what he was famous for when he returned to Swansea but Im sure he could still do a job at League One level, so a very strange choice!

He failed on loan at League 1 level with Leeds though.

And yet was among the top scorers last season at Swansea despite the lack of match action.

Either way.....Neath????? ........WHY???!!!!???!?!?!?!

Surely that would be beneath him?

I know - not even funny.

Still find it a bit strange that he's dropping down to the Welsh League, he should be playing at least at League One level, if not Championship. I still think he could do a job for us at The Liberty...if he'd have had more minutes on the pitch last season, we would have made the play offs, I have no doubt about that. He was offered a coaching role with The Swans, but he wanted to carry on playing. All around top guy though, one of the nicest persons you could ever wish to meet, always had time for the fans, and would never walk away until the last autograph had been signed. I know he didn't really reach his top form at Ashton Gate, but his goal for you in the play offs against Palace was a corker! He'll always be a legend down in Swansea....good luck Lee.

Still find it a bit strange that he's dropping down to the Welsh League, he should be playing at least at League One level, if not Championship. I still think he could do a job for us at The Liberty...if he'd have had more minutes on the pitch last season, we would have made the play offs, I have no doubt about that. He was offered a coaching role with The Swans, but he wanted to carry on playing. All around top guy though, one of the nicest persons you could ever wish to meet, always had time for the fans, and would never walk away until the last autograph had been signed. I know he didn't really reach his top form at Ashton Gate, but his goal for you in the play offs against Palace was a corker! He'll always be a legend down in Swansea....good luck Lee.

Agree, and would have understood his decision to continue his playing career if he joined somebody in league 1 even league 2! But the welsh league? That's an odd one!! At least he's going to be a pretty big fish in a very small pond!

I'm sure he will return to Swansea some time in the near future.

Sad that a quality player was misused and sometimes not even used by City. Didn't he fall out with GJ? Now Hartley looks as though he is going. Another quality player who allegedly had a spat with GJ

Very sad. Two very creative players with alot to offer enabling us to play a different and better style of football.

Two seriously wasted opportunities having managed to persuade them to join us

It still begs the question though, why Neath? Does he want to pass on what he knows to a lower level? Has he lost his ambition? Has he lost his confidence?

Should have gone to Swindon if he had an offer from Danny Wilson. Wilson would have helped him in terms of style of football and goals and therefore, I'm sure, his own confidence

It still begs the question though, why Neath? Does he want to pass on what he knows to a lower level? Has he lost his ambition? Has he lost his confidence?

Should have gone to Swindon if he had an offer from Danny Wilson. Wilson would have helped him in terms of style of football and goals and therefore, I'm sure, his own confidence

I think his ambition had all gone when we signed him. Nice juicy signing on fee along with a 3 year cushty contract. He can go to Neath and play the so called god like character that he had when he was at Swansea and will be able to be king of the Swansea social scene. No longer has an ambition to be a footballer in my opinion, my money is that he looks like a sumo wrestler by Christmas.

More LT bullschitt

Apparantly he signed for Neath because it gives him the possibilty of playing in Europe one day (that would be the one game then Lee ?) and not for the £2500 per week - that Swindon, Yeovil and Tranmere couldn't afford.

Good luck to him for opting for the biggest wage he could find but deep down he knows that at nearly 34 he's going to struggle even at L1 - playing in the WPL gives him the chance to the star man with all the play going through him but without doing the running off the ball that pro league football requires.

CR

Trundle has now officially signed a 3 year deal with Neath. Neath,s average crowd last season was.................wait for it......................221:rofl2br:

Well, i suspect the idea is that it will now increase to 1,221 and so cover most of his wages.

he may also have been offered a coaching role a while down the line or to further his studying thereof.

Good Luck to him, he obviously (and stranglely) loves the Area and wants to stay that way.

I honestly don't understand why he's signed for them, but Good Luck, always gave his best for City and was at times not played correctly by previous management but that's another story.

Strange Move but seriously GOOD LUCK, especially don't understand turning down possible move to Charlton, surely he would have LOVED the london lifestyle!

Archived