IGNORED

Team For Today

tropicalsurfer

Vallens IF 1 Bristol City 11

Adam Baker reports from Stenungsund

City completed their Swedish tour with an emphatic victory over Swedish fourth division side Vallens IF.

Steve Coppell's side put Thursday's 4-0 defeat by Swedish league leaders Helsingborgs well and truly behind them by scoring 11 times against much weaker opposition at Stenunsgund.

John Akinde netted a second-half hat-trick - and there were braces for David Clarkson and Ivan Sproule - as the Championship side proved simply too strong for their hosts.

Trialist John O'Flynn opened the scoring with a deflected shot on 11 minutes before Jamal Campbell-Ryce converted from close range in the 17th minute to make it 2-0.

David Clarkson doubled City's advantage before the break, converting crosses by Jamie McAllister and Campbell-Ryce.

The rout continued in the second half when substitute Marlon Jackson guided in John Akinde's knock down in the 50th minute for City's fifth goal.

The visitors then scored three times in the space of as many minutes starting in the 62nd minute when Akinde converted Ivan Sproule's back heel.

Moments later Albert Adomah made it 7-0 brilliantly volleying home Sproule's cross from the edge of the area for the goal of the game before Akinde added a second from close range.

The hosts pulled a goal back to raptrous cheers on 74 minutes when Martin Nilsson curled one in from 20 yards out.

But City weren't finished, and four minutes later Sproule netted with an angleed finish before Akinde completed his hat-tick and brought the score into double figures with five minutes left.

Sproule rounded off a memorable afternoon for the away side and their supporters when he rounded the keeper in the final minute to leave the final score 11-1.

Marvin Elliott limped off with a groin strain in the 44th minute but the injury is not thought to be serious.

City: Gerken (Henderson 46); Orr (Ball 59), Cisse (Fontaine 46), Nyatanga (Edwards 59), McAllister (Skuse 59); Williams, Elliott (Sproule 44), Johnson, Campbell-Ryce (Adomah 46); Clarkson (Akinde 46), O'Flynn (Jackson 46).

Vallens IF 1 Bristol City 11

Adam Baker reports from Stenungsund

City completed their Swedish tour with an emphatic victory over Swedish fourth division side Vallens IF.

Steve Coppell's side put Thursday's 4-0 defeat by Swedish league leaders Helsingborgs well and truly behind them by scoring 11 times against much weaker opposition at Stenunsgund.

John Akinde netted a second-half hat-trick - and there were braces for David Clarkson and Ivan Sproule - as the Championship side proved simply too strong for their hosts.

Trialist John O'Flynn opened the scoring with a deflected shot on 11 minutes before Jamal Campbell-Ryce converted from close range in the 17th minute to make it 2-0.

David Clarkson doubled City's advantage before the break, converting crosses by Jamie McAllister and Campbell-Ryce.

The rout continued in the second half when substitute Marlon Jackson guided in John Akinde's knock down in the 50th minute for City's fifth goal.

The visitors then scored three times in the space of as many minutes starting in the 62nd minute when Akinde converted Ivan Sproule's back heel.

Moments later Albert Adomah made it 7-0 brilliantly volleying home Sproule's cross from the edge of the area for the goal of the game before Akinde added a second from close range.

The hosts pulled a goal back to raptrous cheers on 74 minutes when Martin Nilsson curled one in from 20 yards out.

But City weren't finished, and four minutes later Sproule netted with an angleed finish before Akinde completed his hat-tick and brought the score into double figures with five minutes left.

Sproule rounded off a memorable afternoon for the away side and their supporters when he rounded the keeper in the final minute to leave the final score 11-1.

Marvin Elliott limped off with a groin strain in the 44th minute but the injury is not thought to be serious.

City: Gerken (Henderson 46); Orr (Ball 59), Cisse (Fontaine 46), Nyatanga (Edwards 59), McAllister (Skuse 59); Williams, Elliott (Sproule 44), Johnson, Campbell-Ryce (Adomah 46); Clarkson (Akinde 46), O'Flynn (Jackson 46).

Sounds like Adomah only scores screamers then.....

Just got back from the Vallens game, and here's a few snippets of my rather worthless opinions!!!

1. O'Flynns movement seemed very good today and he played well.

2. The standout player so far on this tour is Uncle Albert.

3. When Sproule came on, Vallen's couldn't cope with his speed.

4. I personally think the defence is still prone to lapses of concentration that if it isn't sorted out, we'll continue to ship silly goals like last season.

5. It was really great to get on the pitch at halftime, have a kick about and mingle with the players.

6. Although I've personally said it to him, a massive public thanks must also go to bristolcitysweden (Tommy) for organising transport a coach today - top bloke!

Right, I'm now off the sample the delights of Swedens expensive beer before flying back tomorrow. Happy Days.

Just got back from the Vallens game, and here's a few snippets of my rather worthless opinions!!!

1. O'Flynns movement seemed very good today and he played well.

2. The standout player so far on this tour is Uncle Albert.

3. When Sproule came on, Vallen's couldn't cope with his speed.

4. I personally think the defence is still prone to lapses of concentration that if it isn't sorted out, we'll continue to ship silly goals like last season.

5. It was really great to get on the pitch at halftime, have a kick about and mingle with the players.

6. Although I've personally said it to him, a massive public thanks must also go to bristolcitysweden (Tommy) for organising transport a coach today - top bloke!

Right, I'm now off the sample the delights of Swedens expensive beer before flying back tomorrow. Happy Days.

Cheers mate - always nice to get an eye witness account from one of the fans :thumbsup:

Archived