IGNORED

Simon Rayner

Abraham Romanovich

Member of my family has just informed me that when the decision was made to vote on the sainsbury application rayner was asked by one of the eight voters if they come back with revised plans to combat pollution and traffic would he then vote in favour ! His resonse was " probably not " ! We all know he had his own agenda and this confirms it ! What a total ****t ! He later went on to tell me that some of the people who formed the voting 8 had only been part of the council for under a year and stated " they never had the experience to vote on a project of such large scale " ! Basically confirming we have a bunch of amateurs in charge ! And finally he went on to tell me that the two people who never voted made the council look like total amateurs and were an embarrassment to our city! It's there job and they couldn't do it so they should resign from there position !

I can't reveal my source but it's pretty obvious they were part of the voting 8 !

It's what he hasn't said that's illuminating - he's removed the bit about the club stirring up hatred for councillors, probably on legal advice from the Council.

It'll be cached.

There is absolutely no doubt that he has a conflict of interest, and not just for this application - any planning application is potential for him or his company or partnerships to commercially gain from a planning decision. In that respect, he should not sit on a planning committee. It creates the perception that approvals or non-approval of planning applications may not be made for the right reasons and that reflects badly on the council. It isn't transparent and open which is a requirement on councils.

And going by the immature way he went about chairing that committee, he shouldn't be considered for the chair of ANY committee until he is a big boy.

I dont know anything about how this gentleman chaired this committee and of course the club will need to take a view on his hatred statement.

However I am in complete agreement with you that potential here is huge and Mr. Rayner knew this going in, yet he did not declare or to anyone's knowledge take advice on if he should continue on this or any other planning board.

The potential for people to say and think he was playing to the gallery of his employers and their associates is huge and this chap thoroughly deserves what has been levelled in his direction. Also as I have said many times already his friends on the committee are also tainted as they would have known this persons possible conflicts as should the City council.

What bothers me the most, is how the hell, can this guy can hold chair at such a younge age. What life knowledge has he got, to make decisions on what is best for Bristols' future? To become an architect in the UK it requires a total of 5 years at university and 2 years of professional work placement.

It is split into 3 parts: you obtain your part 1 after 3 years of university study obtaining your bachelors of architecture and one year of work placement. Then a further two years of university secures you your part 2. To complete your part 3 requires another year of practice and the sitting of a final exam. Once qualified you register with the Architects Registration Board and then you can call yourself an architect. Knowledge wise...he's totally not right for making decisions for the benefit of this City. Total Shambles...

Did anyone else notice that Derek Pickup one of the two councilors that abstained the other night was at the open day today though I didn't see him at the protest. The man must be immune to the strength of feeling. Also speaking to a friend that is heavily involved in the Bristol Chamber of Commerce it seems that the Business leaders in our city share our outrage at the moment as they had assurances from the City Council that nothing would stop the Sainsburys plans going through.The Council is sorely embarrassed and someone is going to cop it for this mess. Messrs Laurel and Hardy aka Rayner and Levy be warned!

Did anyone else notice that Derek Pickup one of the two councilors that abstained the other night was at the open day today though I didn't see him at the protest. The man must be immune to the strength of feeling. Also speaking to a friend that is heavily involved in the Bristol Chamber of Commerce it seems that the Business leaders in our city share our outrage at the moment as they had assurances from the City Council that nothing would stop the Sainsburys plans going through.The Council is sorely embarrassed and someone is going to cop it for this mess. Messrs Laurel and Hardy aka Rayner and Levy be warned!

nice.

Archived