IGNORED

The March/petition Today

Dollymarie

Have just got back from open day. Need to do a few thankyous.

Thankyou to all the fans who turned up, and stuck around after open day to march to the new ground. We estimated about 300 people were there. Got some great press coverage from all the stations as well as radio Bristol and the local newspapers. It was brilliant to finally be stood on the site of where we hope the new ground will be, here's hoping!

Thankyou to all the people who signed the petition, we easily have 1000 signatures, which isn't half bad for a few hours work.

Thankyou to CiderHead for providing the stage.

Thankyou to Jon Stokes and all the performers/helpers from "The Musicworks" who put on a fantastic show for us, as well as providing all the equipment so people gatherered could hear us.

Thankyou to the club for supporting what we wanted to do, and letting us use the electric!

Thankyou to all the players who signed the petition, and posed for photos doing so.

Thankyou to all the volunteers from the Supporters Club and Supporters Trust who gave up their spare time today to come and help out

Thankyou to Scott Murray for coming to the stand to help collect more signatures for the petition. (and two of his kids who got thoroughly bored while Daddy was signing autographs - he had one of the longest queues!)

This is just the beginning of the campaign to get the council to realise how wrong their decision to reject the Sainsburys application was. And now I am going because I am shattered!

Looks like new recruit Howden is lost for words.

Well done again Dolly.

I have been speaking to FC's grand daughter who says he reckons the decision is very unjust. He wishes all BCFC fans the best of luck.

He said had it been Havana he would personally have rubber stamped it!

There you go.. word gets around!

Well done again Dolly.

T'werent just me, the others on the ST board, Thatcham, Milo, Blagdon and other ST board members all contributed. As well as people from the Supporters Club.

I'm just the gobby one who comes on here and rabbits on about it to everyone.

Are you making provision for those unable to attend today to be able to add their names to the petition at the Blackpool and/or Millwall games? If so, just tell us where you'll be and we'll find you. I'm sure you could easily double the 1000 names you acquired today.

Ta

DQ

T'werent just me, the others on the ST board, Thatcham, Milo, Blagdon and other ST board members all contributed. As well as people from the Supporters Club.

I'm just the gobby one who comes on here and rabbits on about it to everyone.

Well i realise that and i made a thanks to one and all on that other thread. :)

Thanks to one and all again as well :)

Superb effort.

Are you making provision for those unable to attend today to be able to add their names to the petition at the Blackpool and/or Millwall games? If so, just tell us where you'll be and we'll find you. I'm sure you could easily double the 1000 names you acquired today.

Ta

DQ

Yup, we just had to throw this together in a hurry but we were discussing how we can get more people to sign it. We may well look at an online petition as well as games in the coming weeks. Give us a day or so to recover from the last few days hectic runnings about, and we will keep people posted.

Well done the ST first rate effort.

I had a quick chat with one of your number and asked how many you thought you would get, he was a little aprehensive due to the short space of time to organise anything, but the general response must have made it very worth while.

Colin Sexton clearly is extreamly passionate about this and with the fans full backing channelled correctly through the Supporters Trust this can happen, but its going to take a lot of hard work, but today was a very good start.

PS Isobel Webster from the BBC is even more good looking in the flesh!

Well i realise that and i made a thanks to one and all on that other thread. :)

Thanks to one and all again as well :)

Superb effort.

Sorry I should have put a smiley on my post, it wasn't intended to sound grumpy, am just tired after a long day :)

It was maybe a bit of a gamble today, as with the short notice and little chance of letting large numbers of supporters know what was going on, it could have fallen flat and we could have been a laughing stock.

Thankfully that didn't happen and it was great during the march to look ahead and behind and see really impressive numbers of supporters all showing their commitment to the cause. It may have been organised in a rush but it certainly worked at treat. We now need to build the momentum and start putting some real pressure on the council to wake up from their small minded, small town mentality. They've held our great city back for long enough and it would be a great opportunity to wake ALL Bristolians up to what just might be slipping through our fingers due to our councillors' lack of vision. If we can get a groundswell of opinion amongst the wider Bristol population, the councillors won't have the b***s to turn it down a second time.

PS Did anyone see any otters today, because I sure as hell didn't innocent06.gif

PPS Massive thanks to all the Trust members who got this all arranged in double quick time.

WE WILL WIN!!!!!!

Hi Marie Mikee Freedom here i suppyed the sound system equipment with fellow friend Mark Whitehouse & performed on the stage I'm also part of The Music Works alongside Jon Stokes Reggae Dan Ratchet & D Red. Just wanted to say well done to you & the supporters club for putting on a great day at such short notice. The Sun was hot the familys were out & everyone had yet another great day & just wanted to also thank the army & for bringing the challenger tank the kids loved it & i wish them all the very best where ever they are stationed next & hope we can work together in the near future. All the best to you all heres hopeing the council seas sence at the appeal & realise they are mearly only moving an existing store to a new location 100 yards down the road not building a second store. Mikee Freedom...

Have just got back from open day. Need to do a few thankyous.

Thankyou to all the fans who turned up, and stuck around after open day to march to the new ground. We estimated about 300 people were there. Got some great press coverage from all the stations as well as radio Bristol and the local newspapers. It was brilliant to finally be stood on the site of where we hope the new ground will be, here's hoping!

Thankyou to all the people who signed the petition, we easily have 1000 signatures, which isn't half bad for a few hours work.

Thankyou to CiderHead for providing the stage.

Thankyou to Jon Stokes and all the performers/helpers from "The Musicworks" who put on a fantastic show for us, as well as providing all the equipment so people gatherered could hear us.

Thankyou to the club for supporting what we wanted to do, and letting us use the electric!

Thankyou to all the players who signed the petition, and posed for photos doing so.

Thankyou to all the volunteers from the Supporters Club and Supporters Trust who gave up their spare time today to come and help out

Thankyou to Scott Murray for coming to the stand to help collect more signatures for the petition. (and two of his kids who got thoroughly bored while Daddy was signing autographs - he had one of the longest queues!)

This is just the beginning of the campaign to get the council to realise how wrong their decision to reject the Sainsburys application was. And now I am going because I am shattered!

*unnecessary post by gashead*

Typical..... doing was the gas do best bitter, negitive, nothing better to do than go on and on about BRISTOL CITY, get yourself a hobby!

There is nothing selfish about wanting to be the best you can be...trying to improve, trying to compete......trying to get Bristol out of the dark ages, something it appears you seem quite comfortable to remain in. You should spend your time lobbying your board of directors to find some funding for your ground redevelopment and leave these committed people to do what they are doing very well. You might just find you have something of your own to shout about rather than slagging off the opposition...try it, it will do wonders for your blood pressure!

Typical..... doing was the gas do best bitter, negitive, nothing better to do than go on and on about BRISTOL CITY, get yourself a hobby!

There is nothing selfish about wanting to be the best you can be...trying to improve, trying to compete......trying to get Bristol out of the dark ages, something it appears you seem quite comfortable to remain in. You should spend your time lobbying your board of directors to find some funding for your ground redevelopment and leave these committed people to do what they are doing very well. You might just find you have something of your own to shout about rather than slagging off the opposition...try it, it will do wonders for your blood pressure!

:dancing6:

Hi Marie Mikee Freedom here i suppyed the sound system equipment with fellow friend Mark Whitehouse & performed on the stage I'm also part of The Music Works alongside Jon Stokes Reggae Dan Ratchet & D Red. Just wanted to say well done to you & the supporters club for putting on a great day at such short notice. The Sun was hot the familys were out & everyone had yet another great day & just wanted to also thank the army & for bringing the challenger tank the kids loved it & i wish them all the very best where ever they are stationed next & hope we can work together in the near future. All the best to you all heres hopeing the council seas sence at the appeal & realise they are mearly only moving an existing store to a new location 100 yards down the road not building a second store. Mikee Freedom...

Pic of your band slightly hidden by tank . . .

2789003880025520842S425x425Q85.jpg

Archived