IGNORED

Are We After Lee Grant?

BITW

Yes please!

Depends on his inclination to be a number 1 at an established Championship side or a bench warmer for a Premier League side.. :dunno:

I hope I am wrong but this sounds like an agent trying to worry bidders into paying a little more for his services. You are right about ambition though because although Burnley are no longer Prem I can't imagine he would be number 1 with Jensen there.

Yes please!

Depends on his inclination to be a number 1 at an established Championship side or a bench warmer for a Premier League side.. :dunno:

Agreed would be a quality signing. The only other factor is that he has worked with Laws in the past and that could tip the balance for him?

Sky sports are reasonably reliable but I suspect sometimes, i.e. more often than not, their 'sources' are agents drumming up trade. Can't imagine that we would be looking at spending on a keeper neccesarily, what with the other glaring deficiencies in our squad. Would force Burnley's hand somewhat to suggest they are not the sole bidders!!!

Good keeper, but not particularly better than Gerks or Hendo imho. I would guess our 3rd keeper would be a very seasoned pro or a young 'un like Hendo was when Villa released him, as opposed to a player recruited as a result of City paying a fee.

We'll wait and see....................

What's the point then ?

Wednesday are in financial doodoo and will have to take the highest bid.

Although Wednesday have been issued a winding up order for money they owe to HMRC the amount is considerably less than the millions owed by "other" clubs, the sale of Grant would more or less sort them out (I would imagine)

Although our bid (if we've even made one!) is indeed lower than Burnley's as an up front sum thats not to say that our offer is not worth more to them in add ons etc etc for number of appearances blah blah.

Also don't forget that a player must agree terms with a club before any deal can be settled so if our offer to him is better in his opinion then as long as Wednesday accept our bid the decision would be up to him.

I still havn't seen/heard anything official regarding an official bid being put in by us but as I said above it would be a great capture IMO if we could make the arrangements to bring him to AG!

Burnley offered in excess of 1m for Grant according to radio Sheffield today. Cant see Grant moving south but you never know!

Confirmed on rad Bristol, that City put in an offer less than what Burnley put in.

Why not at least match it, or leave alone.

Wonder if we will go back in. Suppose it depends on other potential targets and how much we want him. Tick tock tho lads, tick tock.

Cant see us going back in TBH. It says he is having a medical at Burnley today so seems pretty much a done deal.

Maybe we shouldn't have wasted our time by making a lower bid than Burnley!

Cant see us going back in TBH. It says he is having a medical at Burnley today so seems pretty much a done deal.

Maybe we shouldn't have wasted our time by making a lower bid than Burnley!

Exactly! SW need as much money from this deal for obvious reasons. Why would they accept a lower bid. If you're selling your house you don't give a monkeys who buys it, you just take the most money.

If we seriously wanted him then we would have matched Burnleys offer and then let the player decide. Same old City I'm afraid! Quailty costs! That's why we don't have much quality at the club bar a few.

Archived