IGNORED

Michael Owen

Tomo

It's an insane rumour, but was spoken about at Bs3 this evening....

Owen is being considered for a 3 month loan,

I seriously think it''s not possible, but............

You never ever know with Copps and Lansdown at the helm !

Thoughts ? (most probably mental!)

Tomo

Tomo

Blimey I dont think Im going to make it to next saturday my heart cant stand all of this!

Wages must be huge, even if we are only paying half or whatever the ratio is. No doubt he is a good striker, but Owen is a finisher. And to finish he needs chances; we don't create many of them I'm afraid. So I can't see how he would improve us really, IMO we need someone in the target man mould:innocent06:

We all know that Owen is paid on an appearance basis at utd but this article would say he is miles away from what we can offer....

http://therepublikof...ess-for-united/

Bizarre that the article relates to pitiful wages - just sums up how football salaries are now massively insane !!!

If accepting 10k to 15k maybe - 30k ?????????????????????????????

Michael is 32 in December !

Personally, at championship level, I dont want us to start paying silly money!

Tomo

Can't say when or how, but this is not the first time I have heard this rumour. It cropped up just before or when we we're in Sweden. Think we had talks but Owen wanted to much cash (think in the form of a signing on fee, if memory serves correct)

On the basis of the above can't see it happening unless Owen has changed his mind.

No chance but loving the thought. No more signings from Colchester, Lincoln and Yeovil... We'll ring up Sir Alex and see if Michael Owen is avaliable, why not see if he'll throw Giggs in while were about it.

Wages must be huge, even if we are only paying half or whatever the ratio is. No doubt he is a good striker, but Owen is a finisher. And to finish he needs chances; we don't create many of them I'm afraid. So I can't see how he would improve us really, IMO we need someone in the target man mould:innocent06:

Based on what exactly? We have a new manager in place, sorry if you missed it.

I am guessing any interest in Owen was before DJ arrived. Given what we must be paying him we could not afford Owen as well.

Must admit that I guessed that DJ would be on £20000pw min, but read article in today's Times (I think it was) were the reporter stated fairly certainly that James is on £8000 pw with us. If true then this is staggering!

Even if we paid DJ a £1/2m signing on fee, then with wages, he will cost 1m , give or take for his first year. If, for example, we had gone for Grant from Sheff Weds( speculated on here we were after him) he would have cost £1.5m in transfer fee alone and then ,£10000+ per week in wages.

Tomo

I heard this one aswell....

Could you imagine it haha!?

Based on what exactly? We have a new manager in place, sorry if you missed it.

True but let's start with the midfield; 3 good defensive central midfielders(skusey,marv,cisse), 1 average attacking central midfielder (gav), 1 midfielder who joins up play, neither attacking or defensive(lj), 2 pacy right wingers with little end product (haynes, Ivan), 1 skillful right winger with end product (Jamal), 1 unproven right winger (Albert)

To me, that doesn't look the most creative of midfields. But that's just my opinion

• Admin

Must admit that I guessed that DJ would be on £20000pw min, but read article in today's Times (I think it was) were the reporter stated fairly certainly that James is on £8000 pw with us. If true then this is staggering!

Even if we paid DJ a £1/2m signing on fee, then with wages, he will cost 1m , give or take for his first year. If, for example, we had gone for Grant from Sheff Weds( speculated on here we were after him) he would have cost £1.5m in transfer fee alone and then ,£10000+ per week in wages.

I'm sure I heard our self imposed wage cap is £8K PW, if the rumours that Orr is getting £13K PW at QPR are anywhere near true, it backs that up.

Archived