IGNORED

Michael Owen

Tomo

Michael Owen playing for bristol city :tumbleweed:

Both james and Owen at city would be insane, james on his own is hard to believe let alone one of englands best ever strikers.

I would be happy if he signed even if it would be for only 3 months, if he does well you never know they might extend his loan to the full season :fingerscrossed: ( wishful thinking )

I'm throwing the server out of the window if this happens. :rofl2br:

Poor old Tom imagine the action on the forum if there is any truth in this!

Is Owen fit at the moment? any ideas anyone!

Anyway nothing is out of the question at the moment so hold on to your hats boys and girls as even Geoff Twentyman said City fans can expect one more MAJOR signing before the season starts on the radio this afternoon:dancing2: ....What does he know? AND WHAT MUST THEY BE THINKING AT THE GAS WORKS RIGHT NOW?

True but let's start with the midfield; 3 good defensive central midfielders(skusey,marv,cisse), 1 average attacking central midfielder (gav), 1 midfielder who joins up play, neither attacking or defensive(lj), 2 pacy right wingers with little end product (haynes, Ivan), 1 skillful right winger with end product (Jamal), 1 unproven right winger (Albert)

To me, that doesn't look the most creative of midfields. But that's just my opinion

You do Skuse a disservice, he is a good passer of the ball and holds it up well, similarly Marv, and Cisse we all know little about. Albert Adomah looks the business so far, albeit only pre-season, similarly as does Ivan. Gary and Steve's styles of play and man-management appear to be somewhat different if we're going by Ivan, for a start. I just think you shoudn't be so quick to judge, and to assume because our squad is fairly similar it'll produce the same football and quality.

Not that I am taking this rumor seriously, but am I the only one who thinks signing Owen would be a waste of time and money?

He can barely run out the tunnel without damaging knee ligaments!

Muaha, nice. Owen would destroy the Championship. As we signed James anything is possible now, finially the world is realizing that bristol is the centre of the universe and the place to be!

Lets get Scholes, G Neville and Giggs next, aye, and screw it!Lets get Nicky Butt too! lols

REFERENCE TO AN ABOVE POST. WILLIAMS IS FAR BETTER THAN AVERAGE, HE WOULD BE FRICKIN AWESOME IF HE WAS GIVEN A RUN IN THE CORRECT POSITION BUT I(UNFORTUNATELY) CANT SEE HIM GETTIN IN INFRONT OF MARV/COLE/KALIFA.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS/

Cheers,

Whites.

Muaha, nice. Owen would destroy the Championship. As we signed James anything is possible now, finially the world is realizing that bristol is the centre of the universe and the place to be!

Lets get Scholes, G Neville and Giggs next, aye, and screw it!Lets get Nicky Butt too! lols

Sounds like Swansea City about 25 years ago... most of the Old guard Liverpool team saw them get promoted to the top flight and end the season 2nd.

....honest truth.

* I spoke to David James earlier, mentioned this latest rumour regarding M Owen possibly joining us on loan - his immediate response was a distinctly dismissive - " yeah right! "

So there you have it. Not a sign of credibility or hint of belief in his instant two word reply.

Sorry..

* (no not that D J - the one I spoke to is my son David James (his two first names), thought I better clear that up just incase anyone thought I meant otherwise :rolleyes: )

Id be genuinely amazed, several notches up from 'David James' amazed, if either Owen or Heskey even began to entertain the thought of joining us.

Everyone knows that James' decision was largely inspired by geographical location, I cannot see any possible lure for either of these two.

Just for the fun of it though, Heskey would by far be my preferred choice.

....honest truth.

* I spoke to David James earlier, mentioned this latest rumour regarding M Owen possibly joining us on loan - his immediate response was a distinctly dismissive - " yeah right! "

So there you have it. Not a sign of credibility or hint of belief in his instant two word reply.

Sorry..

* (no not that D J - the one I spoke to is my son David James (his two first names), thought I better clear that up just incase anyone thought I meant otherwise :rolleyes: )

You named your son after a future City legend. Surreal.

Please tell me you have a daughter called Michaela Owen. praying%20smiley.gifpraying%20smiley.gif

Must admit that I guessed that DJ would be on £20000pw min, but read article in today's Times (I think it was) were the reporter stated fairly certainly that James is on £8000 pw with us. If true then this is staggering!

Even if we paid DJ a £1/2m signing on fee, then with wages, he will cost 1m , give or take for his first year. If, for example, we had gone for Grant from Sheff Weds( speculated on here we were after him) he would have cost £1.5m in transfer fee alone and then ,£10000+ per week in wages.

Think of the money that was wasted on Trundle, providing DJ stays clear of any major injury, then he will be worth every penny IMO.

I know I had my doubts about James, but Owen...come on! As amazing a coup as it was James decision was still largely for faily reasons and required a huge pay-cut, a very honourable act. Owen on the other hand is under contract with United, and we're hardly gonna be able to pay even half his wages in a loan deal, he's on about 60k a week for godsake! Lets not get ahead of ourselves, Coppell has said maybe another one or two this week, but it's not gonna be Michael Owen!

Right, here I go again....There is no chance that Owen would come here (that was said with 75% confidence, a couple of days ago it would have been 100%).

More to the point - why the hell would we want him ? He's clapped out.

We've got Maynard who is a far better option and if Coppell can sort out the rashness of Haynes on the pitch, we'll have another diamond (he seems to be working very hard on Sproule with some results).

Owen ? Cardiff and Fower/Hasselbaink comes to mind.

Exactly.

3 month loan to where? Our treatment table?

I really do cringe sometimes. We've signed David James, so let's think of another big name!

Who the hell would want Owen at AG?

He's finished, he's a crock and we don't need him.

We have our flagship signing. Now let's strengthen our weak positions with realistic targets.

Owen! :rofl2br:

Archived