IGNORED

David James

Motorwayman

Surely Englands No 1 will add in the region of 1-2,000 more on the gate at the gate this season.

Any thoughts?englandsmile4wf.gif

Having a fag at h/t outside the Dolman with my grandson (he wasn't smoking, I hasten to add) a guy came up to me and asked how much season tickets would be for kids.He told me his kids AND misses want one now because of DJ, so it will work.

Surely Englands No 1 will add in the region of 1-2,000 more on the gate at the gate this season.

Any thoughts?englandsmile4wf.gif

Maybe, but didn't we think that about Marcus Stewart and Michael Bridges?

I think it all depends on how well the team starts and which opposition we're playing. Our fans, sorry fans in Bristol (including the Gash), can be so fickle!

I think it all depends on how well the team starts and which opposition we're playing. Our fans, sorry fans in Bristol (including the Gash), can be so fickle!

Jamo is in a different league to those two.

I just caught the end of an interview with him on Five Live, did anyone hear it all? If so any interesting comments?

When I was getting the sainsburys petition signed yesterday, there were quite a lot of people wandering about asking where the Williams/Atyeo/Dolman stands were. They clearly hadn't been to the Gate before.

They were probably National & International sports media types .... up until now most of 'em have only been to Prem clubs & to Newcastle, Leeds etc.. ;)

Welcome to BRISTOL my friends welcome to the home of BRISTOL CITY! :)

( 'spot the difference' - Bristol City a home grown club with traditional footballing ethics - built with Bristol money! ..A home town local boy done good British Chairman, An British manager, a local home town captain & Englands No 1 goalkeeper!! .... an English club with a healthy blend of International flavours from around the World - Bristol City! you know we make sense!!!:city: )

I do honestly believe it will have a massive effect on tickets sales. I will doubt the club will release the figures from pre DJ to post DJ signing but it will be substantial.

I was out in town last night and every other group of blokes were talking about signing of David James, even the gashead(not particular diehard) that I went out with was talking about it and even mentioned he'd like to come and watch a game or 2. So if there is any floating fans about in Bristol this signing is having the effect of a moth to a light bulb.

I'm gonna see how it goes. Havn't bothered getting one because of other things and wont rush in yet.

There's clearly going to be a very different squad this season, and it will take time to bed in the newbies and get existing players comfortable with a change in style and thought.

I just hope that time is given before the fickle morons start cat-calling.......

The club should have introduced something like a mini season ticket to catch all the ppl suddenly interested in DJ but wouldn't splash out on a season ticket and then when the novelties worn off and they don't bother coming we've got a £100+ out of them.

I think we'll definitely see numbers increase initially, but then whether we sustain those will probably depend on whether they see us winning games and/or playing attractive football. There will be a lot of people initially excited but it could wear off. Lets hope we get off to a good start against Millwall as no doubt we'll have quite a few people there who've not been down in a while, or before.

You may get another 1000 or so but i'd of thought those who can afford a season ticket have already bought one. Personally i bought a membership card and will most probably take in 10 games over the season, got other prioritys where my money must go first.

I think that the signing of DJ will undoubtedly adda few hundred ST's at least and will definately increase the interest for fans who come on a Match by Match basis.

The area that I have no doubt will increase will be our press coverage, both in the form of fixtures live on sky etc etc as well as feautured pieces etc etc on programs such as the Football League Show etc.

:fingerscrossed:

I do honestly believe it will have a massive effect on tickets sales. I will doubt the club will release the figures from pre DJ to post DJ signing but it will be substantial.

I was out in town last night and every other group of blokes were talking about signing of David James, even the gashead(not particular diehard) that I went out with was talking about it and even mentioned he'd like to come and watch a game or 2. So if there is any floating fans about in Bristol this signing is having the effect of a moth to a light bulb.

I was out in leeds last night ame every other football conversation was about david james! This has really created waves with football fans across the country

Jamo's signing definately tipped the balance for me.

I decided to get my ST (1st timer) yesterday. Although I have been thinking about it since they came on sale, especially with Coppell in charge.

Depending on our success (and any more signings), it could get more difficult to get match tickets in any desired location. I remember our play off season and the difficulty getting good seats for the 'top' games. This played its part in my decision.

When I was getting the sainsburys petition signed yesterday, there were quite a lot of people wandering about asking where the Williams/Atyeo/Dolman stands were. They clearly hadn't been to the Gate before.

Thought you were going to say where to buy the tickets then! seeing as the ateyo ticket office has gone!

As on saturday wasn't sure I was going until last mintue, so I got there and asked I steward a where to get a ateyo ticket. Then after getting to the front of the queue(5-10 minutes) to be told they only took cash and to try the far one which in the end I did get a ticket but only one card queue(which took even longer) and just got into the ateyo as the game started!

I'm not too bothered about this though seeing as I'm a ST holder . But for any new fans this could put them off a little!

I might - how much are they? And what do they cost for Toby - he's 6. Will need to influence his mother - she's anti footy since we went to Cardiff NY Day a few years ago and left in fear of our lives........

And I don't think she was impressed having to drive us up to Scotland on Friday with me monitoring every move on me Blackberry.

I hope all those long standing diehards will welcome the fickle fans that decide to demonstrate their support after this and hopefully other signings.

The my dad's harder than your dad comments don't really add much. Do they?

O come on, how can you mention Marcus Stewart and Micheal Bridges in the same breath as David James, Englands World Cup goalkeeper!

Archived