IGNORED

Talksport

Snufflelufagus

Pleat doesn't say we are signing anyone he just comments on the text that's come in from a City fan. He suggests that we are unlikely to get top loanee at this stage as premier league clubs likely to hold on for couple more weeks before deciding. Why can't people listen properly. I know this is a discussion forum but when presented with fact why still try and pedal a rumour?!

Pleat doesn't say we are signing anyone he just comments on the text that's come in from a City fan. He suggests that we are unlikely to get top loanee at this stage as premier league clubs likely to hold on for couple more weeks before deciding. Why can't people listen properly. I know this is a discussion forum but when presented with fact why still try and pedal a rumour?!

Im with you on this one, Pleat said nothing about us getting a prem striker on loan! :tumbleweed:

Alright so this is probably not going to happen but if we can sign david james we can do anything. I have heard from my friend that a reliable source told him that we are going to sign robbie keane on a season long loan and spurs are going to pay half his wages and before you shoot me down about the source as this thread was discussing rumors i thought i would share infomation i heard.

no way will we get robbie keane, as i write this however SSN have just said he's been left out of spurs pre-season tour. :whistle2::whistle2:

There should be an entire sub-forum for source-less rumours so people don't have to sift through this garbage

Don't bother reading it then?

As the opening poster, Snuffleufagus, suggests, he merely started a discussion thread, on a discussion forum, stating the FACT that David Pleat had spoken about City on talksport and the talk was centered around a premier league striker.

Quite clearly not a 'source-less rumour', merely pointing out a FACT for those that were not able to listen to it on the show.

The content is open for anyone. You can choose whether or not to read it.

Harry, don't be daft! Snuffle said, and I quote,

"On talksport david pleat said we were getting a prem striker on loan and it would be a big suprise"

I'll repeat again because clearly you didn't hear it right. Pleat didn't say it. He was responding to a speculative fan text. Yes, Pleat was talking about it but he at no point suggested it was true or that he knew anything about it. He was merely commenting as asked by the presenter.

As the opening poster, Snuffleufagus, suggests, he merely started a discussion thread, on a discussion forum, stating the FACT that David Pleat had spoken about City on talksport and the talk was centered around a premier league striker.

The fact is that David Pleat had spoken about City on Talksport, and the talk of someone who texted in was centered about a Premier League striker.

Harry, don't be daft! Snuffle said, and I quote,

"On talksport david pleat said we were getting a prem striker on loan and it would be a big suprise"

I'll repeat again because clearly you didn't hear it right. Pleat didn't say it. He was responding to a speculative fan text. Yes, Pleat was talking about it but he at no point suggested it was true or that he knew anything about it. He was merely commenting as asked by the presenter.

But Snuffles pointed out something that I wasn't aware of, the fact that Talksport were discussing City last night, and that there was some mention of transfer talk.

My response to 'Ison' was pointing out that Snuffles didn't start a thread based on speculative source-less rumour. He merely pointed out that Pleat was chatting about us on Talksport, a fact I wasn't aware of until Snuffles started this thread.

If Ison doesn't want to read it, then he's free to switch off. Personally, I was unaware of the article, and am happy for Snuffs to raise this thread.

Maybe I'm being a tad pedantic, but I don't see anything wrong with the opening post of this thread. Ison could have picked on plenty of more worthy threads to spout his displeasure.

Quite clearly not a 'source-less rumour', merely pointing out a FACT for those that were not able to listen to it on the show.

The content is open for anyone. You can choose whether or not to read it.

Harry fold your neck in, this is purely unsubstantiated tosh.....i think snuffalufagus has stirred up something that purely isnt there.

You are an absolute moron my friend

p.s jeremiah 6 verse 43

If Snuffle had just said that David Pleat was discussing transfer speculation at Bristol City on Talk Sport then fine. But he didn't. He got it wrong and that's why Ison and myself are frsutrated.

But this was not a speculative thread. Snuffs pointed out to a lot of people the existence of such an article and I for one took interest in this. It was not a "source-less rumour". Maybe you are frustrated by the fact that the poster didn't spell out exactly and concisely what Pleat had said, but there was no mention of any particular players and wild rumour-mongering by the OP.

I just think there are plenty of other wild threads for yourself and Ison to have a go at, that are much more worthy of your frustrations. I for one am happy that Snuffles posted this, as it's something I was not aware of and I take an interest in it.

What interests one man may not interest another. If Ison and yourself are not interested, then read another thread. There's an incredible amount of tosh on here lately for people to comment on, I don't think this particular poster was worthy of being shouted down. And I shall defend him to the hilt as I like the ladies in his piccie.

Harry fold your neck in, this is purely unsubstantiated tosh.....i think snuffalufagus has stirred up something that purely isnt there.

You are an absolute moron my friend

p.s jeremiah 6 verse 43

Mods - don't worry about the moron comment - I can take it!

Risky - you're wrong son - it's Jeremiah 48 verse 12.

All I'm saying Harry is that he got his facts wrong. I was grateful for him drawing my attention to the article but whether deliberately or through gross misinterpretation of what was said, Snuffs got it wrong

But you like his ladies though, yeh?

:tounge:

Archived