IGNORED

Official Sms Tom Williams

SuperFly2002

What a pathetic statement, I seem to remember that Basso was unattached had failed to get a contract at Weymouth and the only team of any note on his CV was Woking.

Well league one Peterborough were hardly in a rush to offer him a contract were they? And I've certainly seen nothing to suggest he warrants one, even for 6 months. No harm as having him as cover but I'd like to think we could do better than Tom Williams even on a short term loan deal. Hope he does well, but I wont hold my breath.

I dont think it means were signing them, Steve Coppel mentioned that there was a lot of paperwork with the league of irland just to get them on trial, but if we do at 19 and very cheap is there any harm in bring them in keeping them for 2 years and letting them go if they are bad?

I got the distinct impression from Steve Coppell that we are signing them it's just a matter of getting the paperwork done. They're in the team photo :)

Give the lad a chance!!

Exactly. I love the way a player is judged before most have seen him/given him a chance.

Sad really, but oh well.

Good luck to him. Seems he'll be our player but to some obviously not good enough. Maybe it's cus' others on here know more than Coppell? You know that guy who does a job very well for a living...

Last season Williams played in The Championship for Posh, QPR and Preston.

This is a short term deal in a position that we have found it difficult to recruit in over the last few years.

I'm not going to lie I'd have preferred we tried to sign Matt Hill, but for all I know perhaps we did and we couldn't get him.

Archived