IGNORED

Official Sms Tom Williams

SuperFly2002

City are still waiting for clearance for Irish pair Patrick Hoban and Jimmy Keohane. Both 19, Patrick played for Mervue and Jimmy for Wexford Youths. The two youngsters are midfielders, with Patrick being the more attacking of the two.

Keith added: "We're looking to get them on board as soon as possible and it's just a case of sorting out all the paperwork - which there is lots of - and getting it done."

http://www.bcfc.co.u...2110094,00.html

I saw that I understood though they needed clearance before they could play any match even friendly (hence not picked against clevedon) im sure I read something about difficulties with paperwork for irish trialists from either KM or SC.

"On board" does have a slightly more permanent sound to it though

I guess there is something in the argument of a crap left back is better than no left back as cover. 6 month contract tells me hes not much of a long termer

Not my opinion by the way this was referring to others comments - I would say extended trial is the best way of putting it lets hope he proves the doubters wrong there is certainly something to be said for competition in all positions

City are still waiting for clearance for Irish pair Patrick Hoban and Jimmy Keohane. Both 19, Patrick played for Mervue and Jimmy for Wexford Youths. The two youngsters are midfielders, with Patrick being the more attacking of the two.

Keith added: "We're looking to get them on board as soon as possible and it's just a case of sorting out all the paperwork - which there is lots of - and getting it done."

http://www.bcfc.co.u...2110094,00.html

I dont think it means were signing them, Steve Coppel mentioned that there was a lot of paperwork with the league of irland just to get them on trial, but if we do at 19 and very cheap is there any harm in bring them in keeping them for 2 years and letting them go if they are bad?

I saw that I understood though they needed clearance before they could play any match even friendly (hence not picked against clevedon) im sure I read something about difficulties with paperwork for irish trialists from either KM or SC.

"On board" does have a slightly more permanent sound to it though

And with SC's previous pedigree regarding young Irish players like Kevin Doyle and Shane Long, These two might be worth keeping an eye on. Although Hoban's goalscoring record is modest, to say the least: PLD 12, 1 Goal. Keohane has 4 in 18 from midfield.

My thought on why he had a carp game at Yeovil is that he still far from match fit, he was struggling to keep up with their winger and looked out of condition (not as badly as myself I hasten to admit!)

Maybe a bit of fitness training and matches will give him the boost he needs!

It sounds like he had a better game against Blackpile!

Having only seen him against Blackpool I have to say my opinion of him from what I have seen is somewhat higher than some people on here who have obviously witnessed less than satisfactory perfrmances from him in a city shirt.

However I think this mroe of a "squad player" signing particularly with our current defensive woes (Hunt and Nyatanga out) as he seemed perfectly comfortable slotting into the CB position for the latter stages of the Blackpool game so I still wouldnt be suprised if we did bring in another young LB to keep Macca on his toes.

Coppell keeps talking about strength in depth and I think Williams is definately "one of those" players rather than direct competition at Lb inparticular.

I'd read the 6 month deal on offer as saying "we need the cover so you get an extended opportunity to impress". Seems a sensible step to me if we're finding it hard to recruit.

I do wonder how many of the posters criticising the player here have actually seen him play more than one game.

Congrats Tom and good luck.

My sentiments exactly. Posters may consider him poor but frankly it does not do anyone's confidence any good to slate him now. Lets wish him all the best and hope he does a good job for us.

Good luck Tom and hope you provide the cover we need.

Thanks most of you!

I've not seen any of the pre-season games so far but I'll be sure to boo this lad Tom and do my best to give him negative support because you've all said he's pants.

How nice that before a ball has been kicked the Internet has identified the latest target for the boo-boys.

Having seen him play in 3 pre-season games(Torquay, Yeovil, Blackpool), I have to say I'm massively surprised about this. 2 average performances, and 1 very poor performance, and I thought he'd have been on his bike (or £100k car knowing footballers these days).

That said, Coppell, Millen etc see him in training every day, and they are a better judge of a player than me, so I'll trust their judgment.

I'd read the 6 month deal on offer as saying "we need the cover so you get an extended opportunity to impress". Seems a sensible step to me if we're finding it hard to recruit.

I do wonder how many of the posters criticising the player here have actually seen him play more than one game.

Congrats Tom and good luck.

Hear Hear, Not designer enough for our connoisseurs.

Archived