IGNORED

Dont Use The Tobacco Factory.

Portland Bill

No Tobacco Factory, Bristol Brewery Beer, Grain Barge, The Barley Mow (St Philips) or The Harbourside Bistro!

I understand the reasons for the Tobacco Factory but can you advise on the others? Happy to avoid them but just want to understand why.

I understand the reasons for the Tobacco Factory but can you advise on the others? Happy to avoid them but just want to understand why.

Because old red trousers has a stake in all these businesses. ;)

GF is trying to hit us hard in our pocket, so let's hit him hard in his.

BCAGFC

I'm not denying your right not to use a particular business, however this is clearly personal and rather pathetic.

I'm also rather astounded at the propaganda involved, if this is for the benefit of Bristol then surely the Rugby club and the Rovers should be in on it as well. That is the only way to benefit the majority of Bristol. This is about BCFC, it is our club that want the new naming rights bowel, too big and too round.

I'm resigned to fact that we're getting what we're getting, I'm not resigned to trying to ruin someone's lively hood

And therein lies the answer.

Simonraynersslickeddownfringe?

Guest oftbc

You also say this is not good for the Rugby club and the gas. Well if Bristol do get the world cup bid, it should be the catalyst for them to build their new stadium because the nations playing at Ashton Vale will need a place to train. So two new facilities!!!!

If only that was the case. Rovers were so bitter and twisted about the plans they refused point blank to have anything to do with the bid. Shot themselves in the foot there really as they couldn't see how it could also benefit them.

Lansdown said the other day the stadium may be used during the rugby world cup. The knock on effect from that could benefit the rugby club.

George Ferguson is a vile human being. One of the reasons he is so against us moving is because his profits will drop.

Because old red trousers has a stake in all these businesses. ;)

GF is trying to hit us hard in our pocket, so let's hit him hard in his.

BCAGFC

Ah okay thanks, didnt know he was involved in all of them. Thats all I needed to know, wont go near any of them! :)

I'm not denying your right not to use a particular business, however this is clearly personal and rather pathetic.

I'm also rather astounded at the propaganda involved, if this is for the benefit of Bristol then surely the Rugby club and the Rovers should be in on it as well. That is the only way to benefit the majority of Bristol. This is about BCFC, it is our club that want the new naming rights bowel, too big and too round.

I'm resigned to fact that we're getting what we're getting, I'm not resigned to trying to ruin someone's lively hood

:gasmask: :gasmask: :gasmask:

BCAGFC

Well said Bill.

I used to go in there but didnt know he owned it. So wont be going in any more. Does Teoh's count???

I used to live in Southville 15 years ago. All the local shops have gone - apart from Lion Stores - its all coffee shops now. How are they going to be affected by Sainsbury's?

If only that was the case. Rovers were so bitter and twisted about the plans they refused point blank to have anything to do with the bid. Shot themselves in the foot there really as they couldn't see how it could also benefit them.

Lansdown said the other day the stadium may be used during the rugby world cup. The knock on effect from that could benefit the rugby club.

George Ferguson is a vile human being. One of the reasons he is so against us moving is because his profits will drop.

I'm pretty sure that if Bristol got world cup games the gas board would go all out to build their stadium, they may not see the bigger picture but they will understand that countries will need training facilities and to do this in a stadium with gym, media suite etc all under one roof will be advantageous, so while they may not support the bid now if we do get it they will want to be involved.

I'm pretty sure that if Bristol got world cup games the gas board would go all out to build their stadium, they may not see the bigger picture but they will understand that countries will need training facilities and to do this in a stadium with gym, media suite etc all under one roof will be advantageous, so while they may not support the bid now if we do get it they will want to be involved.

Swindon have already been nominated as one of the training bases for our World Cup bid, think the others were Bath Uni & Cheltenham.

The Blue Few can't get involved now.................they had their chance and they blew it..

BCAGFC

Boycott someones business because they have a different opinion? Best stay clear of any business that doesn't agree with the sainted opinion of the great and the good who marched to an empty field and back

Oh dear, democracy and free speech are alive and well

Democracy is a two way street my friend, All of the people who are going abstain from and encourage others to abstain from using Ferguson's establishments are doing is to exercise their democratic right, Very sad that you cannot see that.

FFS, I heard it all now. So you think that BCFC / SL should do the charitable act of letting the gas and Bristol rugby to come to the party and bring exactly sweet FA to the party, Both of them are penniless for FFS.

Check your recent history my friend, The gas in their pursuit of a new ground were turned down twice for 2 different sites, Not on planning issues but for not being able to prove that they had the finances in place to complete either scheme and then check further back in history the gas have sold everything of any value that they have ever owned, How long do you think it would be before they sold their part of a new stadium they did'nt pay for in the first place.

Freedom of speech is in full flow here which is peoples opinions. Vote with your feet and effect the red trousered pocket.

Are you in favour of the whole plan, Stadium, Sainsburys etc...?

MM

Was replying to the previous post MM. Very disappointed that whilst some want to be seen to be doing and helping the club there are still this few blinkered individuals who would rather sit on the fence. I support the new ground, the sainburys redevelopment of the gate and I would like to see BCC put money into incentives to brighten up North street as well.

Mr Ferguson is certainly exercising his democratic right to extort city supporters from a hypocritical and fiscal perspective. I think a 'walk away' protest is precisely the democratic two way street we should be going down.

It would be interesting to have a referendum in Bristol for the stadium project. Bearing in mind the influence of both sides of the arguement and what everyday Bristolians believe the city needs, how do you think it would pan out?

Even when I cast off my red shirt and bury it at the back of the wardrobe, looking purely at the facts (now topless), the positives that this stadium will bring seem greatly to outweigh the counter arguements.

May i suggest Bedminster Cricket club good atmosphere good beer/Cider and child friendly.An alternative to the Anti City .Sainsbury hypocrite that ownes the TF

An as an aside to that my cousin runs the Bedmy CC and is a big city fan and could do with extra business too :laugh:

May i suggest Bedminster Cricket club good atmosphere good beer/Cider and child friendly.An alternative to the Anti City .Sainsbury hypocrite that ownes the TF

Seconded. About to start my 4th 'season ticket' parking there. Great atmosphere and friendly geezers behind the bar- could do with some draught Guinness, though!

This my friend is also about Jobs nearly a thousand i am led to believe.

Is that not a benefit to the people of Bristol, i am sure that not all the 1000 people employed on this project will be City fans, hell some may not even like football.

Drink in red trousers establishments if you want but i will not go anywhere near them. GF probably represents less than 10% of the Bristol population.

Boycott someones business because they have a different opinion? Best stay clear of any business that doesn't agree with the sainted opinion of the great and the good who marched to an empty field and back

Oh dear, democracy and free speech are alive and well

I SMELL GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** the Tobacco Factory, we aint gonna use it again. Hopefully there will be a thread on here updated with any anti City establishments in the area

Bloody lentil eaters, luvvies and nimbies... City was there LONG before most of um, and when they move someplace else will stil be around

Didnt expect it in Brizz, the home Counties, yes, but Brizz?????

**** the Tobacco Factory, we aint gonna use it again. Hopefully there will be a thread on here updated with any anti City establishments in the area

Bloody lentil eaters, luvvies and nimbies... City was there LONG before most of um, and when they move someplace else will stil be around

Didnt expect it in Brizz, the home Counties, yes, but Brizz?????

I will be in there having a pint tomorrow because...

1) The majority of my mates prefer going there

2) They do a lovely pint of Ashton Press

3) Nice beer garden

4) Boycotting the place makes absolutely no difference to the bid or the bar owner's wallet whatsoever

Now that's democracy

3) Nice beer garden

4) Boycotting the place makes absolutely no difference to the bid or the bar owner's wallet whatsoever

Now that's democracy

Fair enough, dont bitch when the new stadium ges for a ball of chalk.

3) Nice beer garden

Now that's democracy

how did you work the maths out for that comment? say 100 city fans go in on a matchday and buy a pint, £3 a pint = £300. now say only 10 go in and have a pint due to the boycott, then that equals £30. i've made it quite simple here. but i can make it easier to understand if needs be. i can do the maths in marbles or football stickers if you like son, just ask.

3) Nice beer garden

Now that's democracy

Firstly, welcome back from France!

1) Some of my mates used to, but probably won't use it now. They won't see me there anywhere!

2) Agree, it's a gorgeous pint of cider, but it's sold in many other local pubs. I can also highly recommend Thatcher's Gold, very similar. Hmmm, cider! (drools over the keyboard)

3) Nice beer garden? If you enjoy looking at pikeys shopping in Lidls, or whatever that eyesore of a supermarket is.

4) As others have said, it will make a difference. The red trousered ****** lives for business and wants to make as much money as possible. Probably, so he can buy a spare pair of red trousers.

Each to their own, but I can't see the logic in supporting someone who has done damage to our bid for a new stadium.

Archived