IGNORED

Dont Use The Tobacco Factory.

Portland Bill

Unless I've missed amongst all the posts above

I remember when the TF first opened they wouldnt serve people wearing football shirts. Then around 3/4 years ago coinciding with the advertising for them on the east end they made a big thing of saying they encouraged football fans. Someone even interviewed me for Radio Bristol,when I was drinking in there asking me what did I think about their change of policy to allow football fans in. Around the same time, when being served, I also remember the bar staff making small talk about football for the first time (probably under instruction from the management).

Clearly they want the business from football fans. As a pub landlord I would expect that Bristol City fans put £2000/£2500 on the takings each match day. Thats a lot of money over a season, and City fans also go in there on non match days too. Thats the real reason why he changed his no football policy. As he is so keen for our custom a Boycott would hurt him

I have been drinking in there before games for several seasons now but I won't in future. Its up to other regulars to make their own minds up but do you really want to help the profits of Mr Ferguson. Some might say that the owner seems to be colluding with council members to buy ashton gate at a knock down price. Let him know what you think of his meddling in this affair BOYCOTT THE PLACE

Unless I've missed amongst all the posts above

I remember when the TF first opened they wouldnt serve people wearing football shirts. Then around 3/4 years ago coinciding with the advertising for them on the east end they made a big thing of saying they encouraged football fans. Someone even interviewed me for Radio Bristol,when I was drinking in there asking me what did I think about their change of policy to allow football fans in. Around the same time, when being served, I also remember the bar staff making small talk about football for the first time (probably under instruction from the management).

Clearly they want the business from football fans. As a pub landlord I would expect that Bristol City fans put £2000/£2500 on the takings each match day. Thats a lot of money over a season, and City fans also go in there on non match days too. Thats the real reason why he changed his no football policy. As he is so keen for our custom a Boycott would hurt him

I have been drinking in there before games for several seasons now but I won't in future. Its up to other regulars to make their own minds up but do you really want to help the profits of Mr Ferguson. Some might say that the owner seems to be colluding with council members to buy ashton gate at a knock down price. Let him know what you think of his meddling in this affair BOYCOTT THE PLACE

Excellent post and nail hit firmly on the head.

it seems to me that the George Ferguson prawn sandwich (so called BCFC fans) will allow him to get away with anything and continue to fund his plans for Ashton, Which are basically 'if it's not my idea or my project, I WILL OBJECT and my sycophantic mates will support me'.

Real BCFC fans will boycott all of his establishments end of and more importantly why not support all of the other establishments in the area that have lubricated the throats of real BCFC fans admirably for many, many years and certainly much longer than this outsider who parachuted in and started telling real Bristolians what they want and need.

Excellent post and nail hit firmly on the head.

it seems to me that the George Ferguson prawn sandwich (so called BCFC fans) will allow him to get away with anything and continue to fund his plans for Ashton, Which are basically 'if it's not my idea or my project, I WILL OBJECT and my sycophantic mates will support me'.

Real BCFC fans will boycott all of his establishments end of and more importantly why not support all of the other establishments in the area that have lubricated the throats of real BCFC fans admirably for many, many years and certainly much longer than this outsider who parachuted in and started telling real Bristolians what they want and need.

Spot on mate.

allow him to get away with anything and continue to fund his plans for Ashton, Which are basically 'if it's not my idea or my project, I WILL OBJECT and my sycophantic mates will support me'.

Like the Chocolate Factory development in Greenbank when George Ferguson was this time on the receiving end of local and green protests but obviously on this occasion wanted HIS plans approved, and so was writing private emails to senior council planners (revealed under freedom of information) lobbying FOR the decision and against the 'Green' objections which he told a senior planner were a "load of nonsense" (direct quote) and a vocal "minority" (sound familiar?).

Southville activists, beware of false idols - the man is self-serving and his objection to Ashton Gate is more of the same. When Tesco's first announced their plan he welcomed it, and proposed some ideas for it's implementation (matter of record, check Evening Post archives). Presumably he only changed his mind when a) Tesco's didn't employ him or b) he came up with his own plans. Drinking in the TF further serves this duplicitous and self-serving agenda which is undermining our club.

Tbh...everyone i know, who is a City fan, refuses to read this forum, because in their mind, there is too much crap posted. Most 'fans' go to games regardless of what Politics, that are effecting their Club. Rightly or wrongly, some prefer to watch their Club without knowing what is happening on a day to day basis. They might buy a programme or the EPP, but very rarely get 'involved'. Unless someone stands outside the pub, giving out leaflets informing Fans 'why not to drink their', then most 'casual' fans be non the wiser.

Tbh...everyone i know, who is a City fan, refuses to read this forum, because in their mind, there is too much crap posted. Most 'fans' go to games regardless of what Politics, that are effecting their Club. Rightly or wrongly, some prefer to watch their Club without knowing what is happening on a day to day basis. They might buy a programme or the EPP, but very rarely get 'involved'. Unless someone stands outside the pub, giving out leaflets informing Fans 'why not to drink their', then most 'casual' fans be non the wiser.

Very true, it will have to be a co-ordinated public campaign to make any difference.

I think that if the people in there yesterday were informed of the MASSIVE conflict of interest the owner has, then some of, if not most of them would have left and wouldn't drink in there again.

But until they hear things first hand, it won't make much difference.

What would be the legal situation, if we put an advert in the EP informing everyone of Red Trousers interference?.

BCAGFC

Was in there yesterday numbers were down by nearly a half compared to normal no queues by the bar plenty of spare bean-bags and even some tables vacant,of the 5 others i went with they knew nothing of the boycott or why it was happening as you say Spudski they have followed City for years following the club through thick and thin but as to the why's and wherefor's of infighting and politics no thanks......

Was in there yesterday numbers were down by nearly a half compared to normal no queues by the bar plenty of spare bean-bags and even some tables vacant,of the 5 others i went with they knew nothing of the boycott or why it was happening as you say Spudski they have followed City for years following the club through thick and thin but as to the why's and wherefor's of infighting and politics no thanks......

I know what you're saying.

Howeve this forum isn't the whole voice of the BCFC fanbase, not all go on here. Maybe 1/4 (give and take) would use this at some point - some more often than others.

So a boycott is a overstatement unless something 'big' is done about it. I've been following this thread and fully support the boycott.

For the ones who are really wanting to hit him where it hurts, action must be taken and not just keyboard cussing.

Some on here REALLY have a drive to 'boycott' this TB shithole, who will step up. This exectuedwolf guy and a couple others seem to be showing motive for action surely?!

I know what you're saying.

Howeve this forum isn't the whole voice of the BCFC fanbase, not all go on here. Maybe 1/4 (give and take) would use this at some point - some more often than others.

So a boycott is a overstatement unless something 'big' is done about it. I've been following this thread and fully support the boycott.

For the ones who are really wanting to hit him where it hurts, action must be taken and not just keyboard cussing.

Some on here REALLY have a drive to 'boycott' this TB shithole, who will step up. This exectuedwolf guy and a couple others seem to be showing motive for action surely?!

The thing is that Football is suppose to be a switch-off from the everyday grind the ins and outs of infighting and politics don't interest some fans ! It might be a worthy cause but because so many things today are un PC or just not seen as being cool a lot of older fans ain't interested.. The current Millwall trouble seems like a huge hyped up story over the years there has been real violent trouble with serious injuries both here and at the old and new Den , but because of what happened the PC and nimby section go into moral outrage

Once again another batch of E-mails to the Evening Post coach on fire ,1 fan killed,injuries Cumberland Basin and Hotwells a battle ground ???? The bulk of fans want a meet-up with mates few pints and a chat others straight to the ground club-shop read the prog bit of food ,the new ground still splits some who don't care a toss about the World cup bid and would rather stay at Ashton Gate, still get people asking me why we want a new ground no matter how many times the reasons are given in the press and media.. So you are never going to get 100% backing of a Baccy Factory boycott ...

Archived