IGNORED

Dont Use The Tobacco Factory.

Portland Bill

I will be in there having a pint tomorrow because...

1) The majority of my mates prefer going there

2) They do a lovely pint of Ashton Press

3) Nice beer garden

4) Boycotting the place makes absolutely no difference to the bid or the bar owner's wallet whatsoever

Now that's democracy

Now that is ANTI-BRISTOL CITY FC democracy.

BCAGFC

Which will help the cause of the club how exactly?

It will show how strongly BCFC fans feel about his 'alleged' involvement/influence in the scandelous Sainsburys decision.

It will also send more fans to other pubs around Bs3 who sponsor BCFC.

BCAGFC

I will be in there having a pint tomorrow because...

1) The majority of my mates prefer going there

2) They do a lovely pint of Ashton Press

3) Nice beer garden

4) Boycotting the place makes absolutely no difference to the bid or the bar owner's wallet whatsoever

Now that's democracy

How did you get to point 4? Perhaps you have been drinking too much cider with your mates?

Boycotting the place will hit nothing BUT the owner's wallet. Comprenez?

Don't argue garlicbread, just do as you're told.

It is not about the club, it is a childish, personal campaign

The Tobacco Factory's owner has been instrumental in harming the future of our (?) club's future. How is this personal or childish?

It will show how strongly BCFC fans feel about his 'alleged' involvement/influence in the scandelous Sainsburys decision.

It will also send more fans to other pubs around Bs3 who sponsor BCFC.

BCAGFC

Well said sir. Hit the bastards where it hurts their wallets.

I didnt say it would, but if it helps GF to understand how many City fans he has upset then its good enough for me.

Well said!

I don't understand why some City fans would want to put money into the pocket of a person who clearly does not want the club and ultimately the city to progress!

I think you should look the word 'personal' up in a dictionary. Perhaps, you could name the person/individual single-handedly promoting a boycott of the TF. Also, in what way do you consider any boycott childish? Boycotts are historically organised as a reaction to injustice (i.e. against Apartheid in SA, against the Sun in Liverpool after their disgusting coverage of Hillsborough, etc ...). It is an ethical decision, in this case exercised by many City fans. I would not call taking a moral standpoint (particularly one that you truly believe in) to be in any way childish. It is 100% about the club. Otherwise, I would drink there. They do have good cider and it was always a good place to meet mates for a pre-match pint. However, I will not go in the place now, as I believe that 'that man' has damaged our bid to move into a new stadium, by making it more expensive and/or delaying the project.

I'm not denying your right not to use a particular business, however this is clearly personal and rather pathetic.

I'm also rather astounded at the propaganda involved, if this is for the benefit of Bristol then surely the Rugby club and the Rovers should be in on it as well. That is the only way to benefit the majority of Bristol. This is about BCFC, it is our club that want the new naming rights bowel, too big and too round.

I'm resigned to fact that we're getting what we're getting, I'm not resigned to trying to ruin someone's lively hood

You've had your say now ..is off back to the county ground. That's me exercising my right to speak.

Surely Garlicbread, Kevinmabbuttshair or anyone else can drink where they want. I personally think GF is a tosser, having done work for him, and i wouldnt go in the TF because i dont like the place. But, when im out with my Mrs or mates, we quite often go on the Grain Barge and will keep going there. My couple of quid aint gonna make a lot of difference to that ***** bank balance. Also, for those of you who think people are Gas because they have an opposing view, anyone who reads Ziderheads will know that Kevinmabbuttshair is a popular poster on there and most definetly City!

• SC&T Board Members

I have never drunk in the TF before a City game, but I have in past been there for regular functions arranged by another organisation of which I'm a member.

I wont't be again. We are now looking for an alternative venue.

My decision in boycotting the TF is no different to the people of Merseyside choosing not to buy The Sun. Personal choice based on the past actions of the proprietor.

You go in there with your mate Garlic, the rest of us City fans will be able to look at ourselves in the mirror and know were doing the right thing.

Scabs, thats basically what you are.

Surely Garlicbread, Kevinmabbuttshair or anyone else can drink where they want. I personally think GF is a tosser, having done work for him, and i wouldnt go in the TF because i dont like the place. But, when im out with my Mrs or mates, we quite often go on the Grain Barge and will keep going there. My couple of quid aint gonna make a lot of difference to that ***** bank balance. Also, for those of you who think people are Gas because they have an opposing view, anyone who reads Ziderheads will know that Kevinmabbuttshair is a popular poster on there and most definetly City!

So you think he's a tosser but you still line his pockets.....

You might as well just hand over a tenner or even more next time you do some work for him, personnally i would tell him to shove his work up his ass.

If City were in your heart there is no way that you would support Red Trousers and the corrupt four in any way.

So you think he's a tosser but you still line his pockets.....

You might as well just hand over a tenner or even more next time you do some work for him, personnally i would tell him to shove his work up his ass.

If City were in your heart there is no way that you would support Red Trousers and the corrupt four in any way.

"If City were in my heart" You ******* tosser! Ive supported City for 40 ******* years! Im not supporting him or the rest of his cronies, but i can drink where i want! I wont be doing any more work for the *****, because he doesnt like paying ( or rather his daughter under instructions from him doesnt), but who the **** are you to say i dont have City in my heart? Wanker1

"If City were in my heart" You ******* tosser! Ive supported City for 40 ******* years! Im not supporting him or the rest of his cronies, but i can drink where i want! I wont be doing any more work for the *****, because he doesnt like paying ( or rather his daughter under instructions from him doesnt), but who the **** are you to say i dont have City in my heart? Wanker1

I have also supported City for over forty years, If you were a TRUE fan there is no way you would go into any of "Red Trousers" establishments, this man is trying to hold back the long term future of our club for my kids to enjoy.

I drink in BS3 come and join me ****** !

all getting a bit heated here...

The cut and thrust of this is, the only way to get it through to Mr Ferguson that Holding South Bristol back is a bad thing, Is to hurt him in the only place he'll notice. the pocket.

Anyone who thinks that losing a large proportion of his saturday business will not do anything to help the cause is niaive at best. If he starts to see dents in his pocket, and the effects of a protest, his vicious attacks on sainsbury's will cease.

Ferguson is a completely self indulged arse. I would like to think that every south bristolian, let alone every BCFC fan, would rather their money went into the pockets of the more respectable landlords of BS3.

Those landlords who have fought tooth and nail to keep their business afloat, and have not publicly damaged something that the customers all love.

Just my two pence worth, But I think there are plenty other bars in bristol, all which offer just as good cider, just as good atmosphere, but dont have an owner who is trying to make money out of the club whilst contributing to the stadium being delayed.

I have also supported City for over forty years, If you were a TRUE fan there is no way you would go into any of "Red Trousers" establishments, this man is trying to hold back the long term future of our club for my kids to enjoy.

Some people on this forum have serious anger management problems (not you cidercity but the previous poster!). Why blank out half the swearwords in a rant? Oh, and will Colin have a pint in there with our garlicy friend? You're all quite right in saying that you can drink where you want, but **** me, why not consider doing what's in the best interests of the club? Cidercity, you are so spot on and dare I say it, so is PB!

I,ll be in the Hen and Chicken, Terrace,and the little Spanish bar. I might pop in the Tf to see old George on the way! **** BS3 im not a TRUE fan!

Some people on this forum have serious anger management problems (not you cidercity but the previous poster!). Why blank out half the swearwords in a rant? Oh, and will Colin have a pint in there with our garlicy friend? You're all quite right in saying that you can drink where you want, but **** me, why not consider doing what's in the best interests of the club? Cidercity, you are so spot on and dare I say it, so is PB!

I was angry at another City fan saying im not TRUE City fan because i dont agree with him. I can assure you that the words were not blanked out by me.

I was angry at another City fan saying im not TRUE City fan because i dont agree with him. I can assure you that the words were not blanked out by me.

Who blanked out your words then? Oh, and the one at the end is either a serious attempt at a swear word or you are privy to a new set of Emoticons! Anyway, back to BCFC. We will win! Come on City! :winner_third_h4h:

Who blanked out your words then? Oh, and the one at the end is either a serious attempt at a swear word or you are privy to a new set of Emoticons! Anyway, back to BCFC. We will win! Come on City! :winner_third_h4h:

All swear words are blanked out. If you look back at your post, you will see that yours has been blanked out aswell. The last one was supposed to have an exclamation mark, but if you dont put the caps lock on, it somehow gets through the sensor. But ,like you said, Come on City, we,re all TRUE fans!

All swear words are blanked out. If you look back at your post, you will see that yours has been blanked out aswell. The last one was supposed to have an exclamation mark, but if you dont put the caps lock on, it somehow gets through the sensor. But ,like you said, Come on City, we,re all TRUE fans!

I actually use the asterix key to blank out letters in my many swearwords. I didn't realise that it would be done automatically! I feel slightly foolish now. :( Come on City! :city:

Say's the do gooder who want's the BCFC charitable organisation to fund the gas and Bristol rugby, to a nice new stadium.

or perhaps you actually believe that the good old Lib Dems will fund this charitable project, Because nationally that would be a first for the Lib Dems. They would'nt fund anything that might benefit the wider population.

Archived