IGNORED

Vokes Signs On Loan - Official

Bishops Finger

With all the injurys we have at present i would of settled for Scrumpy upfront :laugh: we need players & bringing in youthful good players with plenty of prospect for the future like Sam Vokes is a great loan signing until January 5th. I still think we need to strengthen our defence soon with the injurys we have & i am sure & have every confidence in SC to bring in the right player/s.... Bounce Around The Town....

Official Apology, I got the players mixed up I was thinking of Fryatt, now he has been shi**

So Mr Voakes apologies and good luck. Lets hope you score us a load of goals!

45 goals in his last 86 games for Leicester, including 11 last season despite only starting around half of Leicester's games. Not exactly shi* in my book!

Now we have Vokes, I would like to see a quick attacking midfielder to pick up those knock downs, lay offs and start pinging passes out wide/through the middle. I think this is the only area we are lacking now (aside from the unending saga of the left flank)...I can't believe how long it is taking to replace McIndoe, he wasn't much for anyone half decent to live up to. What happened with George Boyd, surely Gary will do us a favour?! I remember the tear in his eye when he said he'd miss city in his final press conference.

Anyway, welcome Sam, another Welsh boy!

as some of you know, i live in wolves and have done for a while.

there is a lot of potential in this kid, judging by my mates and work colleagues and the times i've seen wolves play.

However, there is no way he'll get first team due to Doyle signing for them, and now they got Fletcher, he's even further down the pecking order. He does lack experience but that will come with time.

Could be very good for us and for wolves if they need him back after christmas. He'll get experience at this level which will be useful for his own career and our push for the promised land.

Him and Maynard together could be lethal at this level.

Now we have Vokes, I would like to see a quick attacking midfielder to pick up those knock downs, lay offs and start pinging passes out wide/through the middle. I think this is the only area we are lacking now (aside from the unending saga of the left flank)...I can't believe how long it is taking to replace McIndoe, he wasn't much for anyone half decent to live up to. What happened with George Boyd, surely Gary will do us a favour?! I remember the tear in his eye when he said he'd miss city in his final press conference.

Anyway, welcome Sam, another Welsh boy!

Boyd, surprisingly IMO, signed a three-year deal at Peterborough. They have kept hold of all their players and signed McCann from S****horpe - I expect Posh in the top six next season.

One left winger would be nice surely seeing as we have zero...

Decent left-wingers are at a premium and we have two players who can do a more than adequate job there in JCR and Adomah, and Sproule has had some of his better games from left wing, scored a cracker of a solo goal against Colchester from the left in his first season. I wouldn't be too worried if we didn't strengthen there. Even Tom Williams wouldn't be terrible there, the most redeeming thing I've heard about him from a few Swansea fans was that he has a decent cross on him.

Hi all.

Wolves fan here. Just wanted to give you a bit more info about Sam Vokes.

He's already shown glimpses of real quality for us in the relatively short time he's been here, particularly in his first season, including a brace away at Charlton & scoring for Wales. Has lost his way a bit in the last 12 months, but that is as much to do with the quality of other strikers around him (although you wouldn't have guessed that looking at our goals for column last season!) than any drop in quality. He is very good in the air, strong & intelligent, and is good at holding the ball up. Maybe lacks a bit of pace, but not slow by any means. He will never be a prolific scorer, but will get his fair share & creates plenty of chances for others.

I wouldn't read too much into his relative lack of success at Leeds, as he was coming back from injury and wasn't fully fit, which he is now, and I think this could be a really shrewd signing by Coppell for you.

Anyway, good luck for the season ahead, hopefully Sam will help you challenge this year.

Cheers pal,

Much about sums up my view when I heard just that Sam has joined us for five months. If my memory serves me well we were one of a load of clubs "sniffing" when he left Bournemouth so it looks like we have finally got our man? In my opinion we could have done a lot worse and has always struck me as being a 100% type player who is quite happy to mix it with the big boys?

Welcome to Sam and best of luck to Wolves for the coming season

chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

Official Apology, I got the players mixed up I was thinking of Fryatt, now he has been shi**

So Mr Voakes apologies and good luck. Lets hope you score us a load of goals!

I thought you were being a t *at when you were talking about Vokes, but if you're suggesting Fryatt's shit you really don't have a clue! One of the best strikers in our league and he'd walk into most teams, hell if he was here he'd start everygame with Nicky! How oh how can someone with his goalscoring record be shit, please inform me?!

Hi all.

Wolves fan here. Just wanted to give you a bit more info about Sam Vokes.

He's already shown glimpses of real quality for us in the relatively short time he's been here, particularly in his first season, including a brace away at Charlton & scoring for Wales. Has lost his way a bit in the last 12 months, but that is as much to do with the quality of other strikers around him (although you wouldn't have guessed that looking at our goals for column last season!) than any drop in quality. He is very good in the air, strong & intelligent, and is good at holding the ball up. Maybe lacks a bit of pace, but not slow by any means. He will never be a prolific scorer, but will get his fair share & creates plenty of chances for others.

I wouldn't read too much into his relative lack of success at Leeds, as he was coming back from injury and wasn't fully fit, which he is now, and I think this could be a really shrewd signing by Coppell for you.

Anyway, good luck for the season ahead, hopefully Sam will help you challenge this year.

Nice to hear. Welcome Vokes.

Guest Parson St Station

Good signing, now we need to address the defence ASAP.

BCAGFC

Are you for real?

Hunt, Stewart and James anyone?

Christ Almighty SL has thrown a bloody fortune at the club and you want another defender!!

Are you for real?

Hunt, Stewart and James anyone?

Christ Almighty SL has thrown a bloody fortune at the club and you want another defender!!

Fair comment but with most of our defenders injured one more would put us the the wotsit. Another short term deal may yet be necessary.:fingerscrossed:

Archived