IGNORED

Mid Table...

spudski

I apologies if this has been covered before, but i haven't had time to read all the posts of late.

Even before yesterdays result, I have thought that this season will be one of Team Building and reconsiliation under our New manager.

I'm interested to know, whether others feel the same way, and whether they will be disapointed if we do not improve on last years final position?

I for one, don't have high expectations for this season, although i would be delighted if we do have a cracker.

My biggest concern, is not of the Club, manager or Chairman, but of the fans high exectations. Whether fans like it or not, we are definately a Club with a fan base that is of the 'sing when your winning' mentality, and over reactional, when things aren't going according to plan.

I hope and pray that whatever happens this season, we get behind SC and SL, whatever the results. I have great faith in both of them, but my gut instinct is, that we may have to settle for mid table this year, and hope SC gets in some decent players over the course of it.

I really do hope, that we don't put to much pressure on the team and new manager...that we enjoy the ride...and God willing, my gut instinct proves wrong and we get promoted in style.

Any thoughts?

I apologies if this has been covered before, but i haven't had time to read all the posts of late.

Even before yesterdays result, I have thought that this season will be one of Team Building and reconsiliation under our New manager.

I'm interested to know, whether others feel the same way, and whether they will be disapointed if we do not improve on last years final position?

I for one, don't have high expectations for this season, although i would be delighted if we do have a cracker.

My biggest concern, is not of the Club, manager or Chairman, but of the fans high exectations. Whether fans like it or not, we are definately a Club with a fan base that is of the 'sing when your winning' mentality, and over reactional, when things aren't going according to plan.

I hope and pray that whatever happens this season, we get behind SC and SL, whatever the results. I have great faith in both of them, but my gut instinct is, that we may have to settle for mid table this year, and hope SC gets in some decent players over the course of it.

I really do hope, that we don't put to much pressure on the team and new manager...that we enjoy the ride...and God willing, my gut instinct proves wrong and we get promoted in style.

Any thoughts?

Well put post, I think most of the hardcore fan base will not harbour high expectations for this season. Yesterday will have just bought the reality of were our squad/ development under new manager is at the moment.

Unfortunalty change takes time, and this season would be a real opertunity if we had a stable squad, going to be a close season, i dont expect much more than a a top half finish at the mo. Anything more would be a bonus.

We'd all like to be with a shout of a top six or better finish during the run-in and I think I'd be a little disapointed if after 35 games City are comfortably mid-table with nothing left to play for. That said, if we've seen some decent attacking football with obvious signs of better things to come then I'd accept that Rome wasn't built in a day.

What I really want is to leave AG after game with the feeling that I've been entertained - something that hasn't happened much for the past two seasons.

Tbh...it's a long time since i've been entertained by the football on the pitch, not just at City, but by most English sides. I've been to games with great crowd atmosphere's, and had a great day meeting friends and the enjoyment of all the comes with match day...but an actual 90 mins of enthraling raw football entertainment is a long distant memory.

Yeah id agree with you tbh, season of transition.

Think someone put on another thread that it took coppell 5 years to gain promotion with palace and 3 with reading so rome wasnt built in a day as the saying goes, its gonna take a while for players to learn how to play a different way from the 4 years with johnson. Happy with mid table with a gradual improvement in the football being played. (oh and someone in the squad to help maynard with the goals to take the pressure off him!!)

I'm happy with anything above 21st but another top 10 finish should be attainable by this squad. Anything higher will depend on how much effort the players put in beyond the minimum, how much value can be added by the manager and a good slice of luck (something that is conspicuous by its absence so far with all the injuries).

SC was brought in to "take us to the next level" according to SL but no timescale was put on that. Sure as hell won't be this season imo. As to more entertainment I trust yesterday's long ball stuff was an aberration. :fingerscrossed: Whether those who are patient now will be if we struggle remains to be seen.

Archived