IGNORED

A Crazy Idea....

The Chaplain

Yesterday the stewards were very keen at the final whistle to kick us out as soon as they possibly could, to the point where they walked along the seats asking people to move before the players had even all gone down the tunnel, so something like that wouldn't have been possible, and whilst i'm the furthest thing from violence imaginable, I wouldn't want to be applauding the away fans like some kind of love in either. :)

Well I used to go to Anfield quite a bit when i was a kid and on those times that an away team had beaten Liverpool(Man Ure/Everton exempt) the fans, especially the kop were always gracious in defeat, as those who were there on that night in 94 will vouch for, but having said that I do feel that if we as Bristol City fans see an exceptional performance from a visiting team we are usually gracious in defeat, remember Preston's promotion back in 2000.

with teams like Millwall and Baadiff it probably will never happen I dont think you will ever convince those angry Welshmen or Cocknies to buy into those sorts of pleasantries, football has and forever will be linked with the sort of violence that has gone before, I'll never know why it happens but dont see it going away anytime soon, could you really see if Swansea were to turn Baadiff over at the Cardiff Stadium, the whole of the home section applauding, equally I'd doubt the Jacks would be too keen to see that anyway.

It does exist though, just was never gonna happen yesterday

Sounds like you want Bristol City to become the St Pauli of England. Can't see it working myself though. The idea of creating a fun 'ultras' party atmosphere at the ground, is great. Showing Passion with respect can be much more pro active than pure aggression and hostility. I thought the first year we got promoted with GJ was the best atmosphere we had had at the Gate for many a year. The sense of achievement, anticipation and happiness could be felt by all who visited. But now, reality has set in, slight apathy abound, and we are back to the normal Library intensity... I like the idea of having a Club that is known for having exceptional supportive fans, that are respectful of others, but highly passionate and vocal, without hostility. Like i said before...Can't see it happening at City though.

Absolutely fantastic post.

Do not agree to clapping their team yesterday (they beat us at our worst), but their fans were the best we have seen down here for years - fantastic noise, variety of songs, came in nmbers etc.

I agree to clap their fans after the final whistle would have been a proud moment (I was at Anfield that night and completely taken aback). I was also proud of the conern shown on THAT rumours thread, and the collection made for graffitti repair.

Altogether things to be far more proud of than having a nasty snarling hate all mob. Lets leave that acolade to the likes of Leeds? It would be so good to get a positive reputation unique to BCFC.

We are capable of this sort of thing.

Last season many in the Dolman applauded Donny as their players did their warm down after the match (we all remember the score!).

At QPR two seasons ago our fans joined in with the spirit by encouraging some disabled kids in their QPR kits as they knocked the ball in the net at half time and looked so thrilled.

And most Millwall fans gave our kids a round of applause yesterday as they did their round of honour.

Gives you faith in humanity.......sniff.

Archived