IGNORED

Half Time 'non' Entertainment

freezer

Now we all know that Saturdays performance and result was a tad dissapointing.

But what the heck was that dross that was served up at half time?

We all needed a bit of lightening up after a poor first half but i stood in open mouthed disbelief at the spectacle on offer.

It is pony, and i hope that inflatable soon develops some serious punctures rendering it useless, if not i might have a go but will be wearing stilettos?!

On the old sh!tometer reading it scores a 9 from me.

Listen to the chants of 'what a load of rubbish' start soon......Dreadful. :disapointed2se:

I was part of that half-time entertainment and I had a good time!

Was probably a laugh to be on, although from a watchers point of view, It was dire!

Could be something to with the fact we were 1-0 down though!

I was part of that half-time entertainment and I had a good time!

Well fair play to you babber for having a go, but for myself and those stood around me it didn't make for great viewing.

I presume it is designed to entertain the crowd.

ps When you say you were part of it, were you on the thing or attempting to roll it up whilst it was not deflated properly and then struggle to cart it off, now that was entertaining!

It was a huge inflatable mat with goals at each end. Two people get tethered to the middle by a bungee and then have to lunge their way forward to try and score a goal, all to the dulsit tones of Dave L's commentary.

It was SHIT of the highest order. Unbelievable

It was a huge inflatable mat with goals at each end. Two people get tethered to the middle by a bungee and then have to lunge their way forward to try and score a goal, all to the dulsit tones of Dave L's commentary.

this almost makes it sound acceptable!?

imagine the above description but with comically cr@p goals about 1 metre in front of the person with the ball, on a pretty weak bungee where they basically score every time unless they are completely un co-ordinated! the score was about 16-12 and Lloyds commentary made it even worse. I think he was embarrassed himself though and was desperately trying to get people into it!

Can we please boo it off the pitch!? the problem is it was clearly a sponsored game and they will have a contract. But booing will make it so embarrassing they will have to remove it!

It is hard to explain to anyone who wasn't there just how cringe-worthy it was!

[/

But what made it eve more sh1t was that after scoring you had to go back and touch the ball in the centre which allowed your opponent to then go and score as there was no tension on the bungee

what a waste of time

For what its worth and for those City fans who only read OTIB, copied and pasted from elsewhere, this was my summing up of the atrocious attempt at half time entertainment posted immediately on my return from BS3 Saturday tea time:-

Right lets get the boring bit out of the way??? Todays result / performance was always in the tea leaves with all the hype concerning Coppello, Englands number one keeper, we havent lost our opening game since I dont know when, etc. etc. etc. Bottom line was that we were totally out thought tactically by the chaps from South London and our defence looked what it was a total load of strangers?

I really do promise to all my fellow forum members that I will only mention this once and once only so Herb, Kevin Mabbuts etc. this will be your only chance to shoot at me - Did we MISS a certain right back who now plays for the team that are top of the Championship today or what??????? Go on force yourselves. Nicky Hunt will be a more than able replacement BUT today he certainly was NOT fit so why the F was he out there????

Anyway my real point is not even remotely football related (I have put that down to a 'bad day at the office, etc. etc.) but just WHAT the hell was that monstrosity of a half time game??? Has David Lloyd been watching repeats of Jeux Sans Frontiers (Probably only Unc and myself who remember Eddie Waring, Stuart Hall and some really good looking blonde birds with bog fun bags in white tee shirts holding up the "Joker" for Skegness or some other totally unheard of European village)). I half expected Stuart Hall to come down the tunnel with his pink blazer on mouthing the immortal words "And welcome to the coliseum the gladiators from Ostend and Gerona are about to play Game one" Really all we needed was a few big blokes in pengion outfits on ice and Ashton could have been Its a Knockout revisited???

I strongly suspect that David Lloyd is now sharing the next bed in the BRI to Sam Vokes as he has not just one hernia but multiple hernias as he attempted to wrestle the inflatable (presumably which will be a no show for the Barnsley game as it will be required for the ballon festival) on to a trolley with the help of the boy wonder(s) whose normally hardest task on a match day is to make sure the kids in the guard of honour are standing in a straight line (Hmmmmmmm as Al Murray would say "you worry me mate") on to some sort of kids pushchair???

REALLY this was bad VERY bad and as for the game itself well I honestly do not think it would have made it past the "Its a knockout" rehearsal stage. Just what did the two poor saps win who took part??? As it was sponsored by some snack company that I would suggest none of the 18,000 and some who decided that spending their afternoon at Ashton was the best possible use of their time this afternoon, a packet of cheese and onion or a packet of pork scatchings??? Really.

It is not often that I feel that I have to resort to Anglo Saxon type language but FOR ***** SAKE PLEASE BRING BACK SCRUMPY AND THE IMMORTAL THROUGH HIS BELLY FOR A TELLY?

And David if you are reading this whilst you are waiting for the surgeon to sharpen his scalpel to repair those hernias I will try and pop in with some grapes, but, if your two "boy wonder" mates (The one with the Max Wall walk and the Rodney lookalike out of Fools and Horses) just make sure that you are not wearing one of those surgical gowns that tie up the back - nudge, nudge, wink, wink, .....................................................................................

A bit like our defence THEY worry me?????????????

wurzel7777.gif

Night night

Archived