IGNORED

Half Time 'non' Entertainment

freezer

Well boys and girls it's that time again.

Another home league game on a Saturday.

That means we all have the buzz and hope for 3 Championship points, a good team performance, a few ales and to savour the great spectacle that our beautiful game can provide.

However, one matter weighs heavily on my mind............Will the half-time 'entertainment' be repeated and if it is, please join me in expressing your disdain at such a dire 'game'.. Stunned disbelief is also acceptable.

It will be a long first half to see if the giant inflatable makes a dreaded repeat appearance. The spectacle of the inflatable crew trying to manhandle the thing out of the way afterwards is quite funny though.

Enjoy

its not coming back:

Following the less than successful attempt at providing half-time entertainment at the Millwall game, I've been working really hard with our sponsors JTS Snacks (jts-snacks.co.uk) to come up with something really exciting for the rest of the season, and we'll be demonstrating this during half-time against Barnsley.

We've teamed up with a company called Strike The Bar (strikethebar.com) who are working with several other Football League clubs this year. Remember the man who hit the bar at Twickenham last year during the Saracens versus South Africa rugby match - and won £250,000? We're giving one of our supporters the chance to do something similar.

We can't quite run to a quarter of a million pounds, but thanks to the generosity of JTS and Strike The Bar, we are putting up the magnificent prize of £100,000 for anyone who thinks they can hit the crossbar from the half-way line. There will be other smaller prizes to play for on the day.

Each week, we'll be drawing one lucky winner to come out onto the pitch at half time and take part. Entries to the draw cost £1.50, and you can enter as many times as you like. The lucky winner will get to take one kick that could win them a life-changing amount of money. Simply, you have one chance to kick from the ground, next to the centre spot. Hit the bar, and you win a hundred grand. It's not going to be easy, but for a prize like that, you wouldn't expect it to be.

We'll demonstrate the game on Saturday, and the first £100,000 prize will be available at the Watford game on the 14th September. If you visit strikethebar.com, you can get more details on how to enter.

David Lloyd

Brilliant.

Glad to see that.

I don't get to log in on a daily basis so missed this.

A crossbar sort of football thingy eh, by a crossbar entertainments company.

What a great idea!

I shall sleep safe in the knowledge tonight that the dross has gone.

Anyone want to buy a cheap inflatable!?

ps You do know that Paul Hartley has left the club don't you. Or did he leave you his beard :innocent06:

I have decided not to shave as a mark of respect for the departed Scot! Enjoy the game tomorrow Freezer

Fair play to you babber, shame he wasn't here longer. As a mark of respect your beard should stay.

I will hopefully enjoy the game and the half-time entertainment too, maybe, just maybe, my post had some influence.

Up The City and well done Dave for sorting it.

Archived