IGNORED

Half Time 'non' Entertainment

freezer

For what its worth and for those City fans who only read OTIB, copied and pasted from elsewhere, this was my summing up of the atrocious attempt at half time entertainment posted immediately on my return from BS3 Saturday tea time:-

Right lets get the boring bit out of the way??? Todays result / performance was always in the tea leaves with all the hype concerning Coppello, Englands number one keeper, we havent lost our opening game since I dont know when, etc. etc. etc. Bottom line was that we were totally out thought tactically by the chaps from South London and our defence looked what it was a total load of strangers?

I really do promise to all my fellow forum members that I will only mention this once and once only so Herb, Kevin Mabbuts etc. this will be your only chance to shoot at me - Did we MISS a certain right back who now plays for the team that are top of the Championship today or what??????? Go on force yourselves. Nicky Hunt will be a more than able replacement BUT today he certainly was NOT fit so why the F was he out there????

Anyway my real point is not even remotely football related (I have put that down to a 'bad day at the office, etc. etc.) but just WHAT the hell was that monstrosity of a half time game??? Has David Lloyd been watching repeats of Jeux Sans Frontiers (Probably only Unc and myself who remember Eddie Waring, Stuart Hall and some really good looking blonde birds with bog fun bags in white tee shirts holding up the "Joker" for Skegness or some other totally unheard of European village)). I half expected Stuart Hall to come down the tunnel with his pink blazer on mouthing the immortal words "And welcome to the coliseum the gladiators from Ostend and Gerona are about to play Game one" Really all we needed was a few big blokes in pengion outfits on ice and Ashton could have been Its a Knockout revisited???

I strongly suspect that David Lloyd is now sharing the next bed in the BRI to Sam Vokes as he has not just one hernia but multiple hernias as he attempted to wrestle the inflatable (presumably which will be a no show for the Barnsley game as it will be required for the ballon festival) on to a trolley with the help of the boy wonder(s) whose normally hardest task on a match day is to make sure the kids in the guard of honour are standing in a straight line (Hmmmmmmm as Al Murray would say "you worry me mate") on to some sort of kids pushchair???

REALLY this was bad VERY bad and as for the game itself well I honestly do not think it would have made it past the "Its a knockout" rehearsal stage. Just what did the two poor saps win who took part??? As it was sponsored by some snack company that I would suggest none of the 18,000 and some who decided that spending their afternoon at Ashton was the best possible use of their time this afternoon, a packet of cheese and onion or a packet of pork scatchings??? Really.

It is not often that I feel that I have to resort to Anglo Saxon type language but FOR ***** SAKE PLEASE BRING BACK SCRUMPY AND THE IMMORTAL THROUGH HIS BELLY FOR A TELLY?

And David if you are reading this whilst you are waiting for the surgeon to sharpen his scalpel to repair those hernias I will try and pop in with some grapes, but, if your two "boy wonder" mates (The one with the Max Wall walk and the Rodney lookalike out of Fools and Horses) just make sure that you are not wearing one of those surgical gowns that tie up the back - nudge, nudge, wink, wink, .....................................................................................

A bit like our defence THEY worry me?????????????

wurzel7777.gif

Night night

I think you might have a bit too much time on your hands

Showing my age

Maybe....But i remember her, and would have.

I also remember the dancing girls, and they would have made for much better viewing than that load of carp.

Dog handling, unarmed combat displays, ferret racing......penalty kicks, anything must be better!

How about a bit of variation from week to week?

Now we all know that Saturdays performance and result was a tad dissapointing.

But what the heck was that dross that was served up at half time?

We all needed a bit of lightening up after a poor first half but i stood in open mouthed disbelief at the spectacle on offer.

It is pony, and i hope that inflatable soon develops some serious punctures rendering it useless, if not i might have a go but will be wearing stilettos?!

On the old sh!tometer reading it scores a 9 from me.

Listen to the chants of 'what a load of rubbish' start soon......Dreadful. :disapointed2se:

I can imagen the conversation they had:

Last years Blackthorn competition wasn't very good really was it?

Nope! How can we make it better this year?

Well maybe last years competition wasn't very good because the inflatable wasn't big enough, I mean everyone loves inflatables, we need to make the inflatable bigger!

That's a great idea. We can put goals on the inflatable as well, I mean, come on, were at the football everyone's going to love there being goals.

The keepy uppy compo was fun and good enough - get rid of the gimmicks, or as they are probably known in marketing circles, advertising space!

Maybe....But i remember her, and would have.

I also remember the dancing girls, and they would have made for much better viewing than that load of carp.

Dog handling, unarmed combat displays, ferret racing......penalty kicks, anything must be better!

How about a bit of variation from week to week?

Maybe it's just an attempt to keep people from leaving on the 35th minute to go and buy half-time refreshments? If the entertainment is bad then queuing up for an over-priced pastie/burger/coffee might be more fun?!

It was indeed dire.

The most entertaining bit was when they were desperately trying to pack up and carry it out. Which gave rise to those around me suggesting a better version.

Each week just inflate the stupid thing and then invite a team of four to deflate it, fold it up, and carry it to the access way at the side of the Williams. The fastest time over the season wins, and gets to take it home for the kids!

Some Decent music would be appreciated through a decent sound system...before the game and at Half time. Our system is shocking and has been for years. Half time results...penalty shoot outs, Cross bar challenge. It's only 15 mins...that's all we need...surely.

Some Decent music would be appreciated through a decent sound system...before the game and at Half time. Our system is shocking and has been for years. Half time results...penalty shoot outs, Cross bar challenge. It's only 15 mins...that's all we need...surely.

Bang on there babber.

We don't need some large crappy inflatable/game thingy, just the basics would do nicely.

Having some bloke shouting loudly and getting excited over a crock of carp just interferes from my own half time break.

ps But some sexy dancing girls would be ok now and again though :innocent06:

I'm guessing that the new stadium will address the PA problems.

I also blame it for the poor atmosphere in the Ayteo at the start of the 2nd half.

Barely a shout, let alone a chant when David James was stood in front of the stand for the first time.

People were in a state of shock at the sight of such gross incompetence.

Who ever is responsible should hang their head in shame.

It was suppose to be half time entertainment - IT WAS NOT

PS Sack the Board

That was the worst half time "entertainment" I've ever seen.

Bring back the three pigs fighting with the Wolves mascot.

Yes! Certainly the best half time entertainment at any ground, ever!

I noticed that David Lloyd mentioned that the winner will be decided at the last home game of the season, I assume the intention is therefore to have this monstrosity around all year.

DL was also carefull to say the winner will get "A big prize". You know the lucky guy or girl will be lumbered with the ridiculous thing...

Definitely bring back the RAF guys.

Best thing about it was watching them try and get it back on the trolly afterwards !!!!!:chant6ez:

Thought it was good last season when they got the subs to play the Blackthorn game, esp. LJ as I think

GJ had left the week before.... Nothing they could injure themselves with tho, crossbars sounds OK :)

What happened to some good ol' cheerleaders?! They can release a caldendar and all sorts... :wub:

All the cheerleaders we've ever had have either been ugly and/or below legal age. Usually all pretty bland too. Pompom this-pompom that. No back flips or pyramids or anything just some horrible music transitions and arms waving around.

All the cheerleaders we've ever had have either been ugly and/or below legal age. Usually all pretty bland too. Pompom this-pompom that. No back flips or pyramids or anything just some horrible music transitions and arms waving around.

Some of the Rockin' Robins were pretty hot.

Some of the Rockin' Robins were pretty hot.

Yes indeedy they were. Perhaps they now have daughters that they could train to take their place, as long as they are old enough of course, oh and hot enough!

If they could also toss a pie or two my way that would be lush.

Well boys and girls it's that time again.

Another home league game on a Saturday.

That means we all have the buzz and hope for 3 Championship points, a good team performance, a few ales and to savour the great spectacle that our beautiful game can provide.

However, one matter weighs heavily on my mind............Will the half-time 'entertainment' be repeated and if it is, please join me in expressing your disdain at such a dire 'game'.. Stunned disbelief is also acceptable.

It will be a long first half to see if the giant inflatable makes a dreaded repeat appearance. The spectacle of the inflatable crew trying to manhandle the thing out of the way afterwards is quite funny though.

Enjoy

Archived