IGNORED

Jamie Mcallister

Redhyde

so u slate him robbored, but you dont have anyone in mind who would be better than him???..........i challenge anyone to tell me anyone out of my criteria above who would be better???

im not saying he doesnt have his flaws but over a season i think he is never one of our worst players......i am more concerned about fontaine at the moment

What a ridiculous post.

It's not anyones job here to scout out and assess other players to prove you wrong.

Robbored was not stating 'why are we playing Jamie Mac when x is playing for them, and why havn't we bought y'

He stated Jamie Mac isn't good enough for where we are, which is by and large true. Taking 4 good set pieces a season is not a good enough reason to keep an average at best eft back.

Fontaine was easily our best defender yesterday, and is the only I feel confident when he's on the ball.

JM has always been a favourite of mine, he pumps everything he has into a game... but that's the problem, he throws everything in and starts to drift behind the game soon after the second half starts. Whether it's a fitness problem or simply this division out-growing him, I'm not certain.

:city: hmmmm he scored tuesday assited today he wasnt bad against milwall but had no cover and today he played brilliant he got turned once and brought him down he actually was a better player than most of you thought i expect you guys only go to home games and how many of you go to matches away exactly SHUT YOUR TRAPS THE LOT OF YA

IN MILLEN WE TRUST

:city: hmmmm he scored tuesday assited today he wasnt bad against milwall but had no cover and today he played brilliant he got turned once and brought him down he actually was a better player than most of you thought i expect you guys only go to home games and how many of you go to matches away exactly SHUT YOUR TRAPS THE LOT OF YA

IN MILLEN WE TRUST

Things called highlights mate, show the important bits...

IN MILLEN WE TRUST

But look at his performance as he gets further and further into the game, he tires and it shows badly. And yes, I only go to home games - If somehow being financially crippled by the reccession and its affects are purely unique to me please do tell me now... I do however fail to see your point about the home/away question - Are you suggesting JM plays better away from home, if so we must wonder why this is.

Of course we trust Millen, that wasn't even being debated...

Macca's cock up let him and us down yesterday. But would anyone else have done any better. I dont think so,.

however as he has barely if ever had any support in front of him due to our dismal midfield fading away (yet again), its hardly a major surprise. Hes no better and certainly no worse than the best of our back four current, or recent past.

Oh and hes our top scorer, for all the vaunted midfield and the powderpuff strikeforce.

He needs competition/replacing, of that there is no doubt, but until we get summat better and get others to score why fix summat which aint broke. Specially until we get someone else who scores consistently

Macca's cock up let him and us down yesterday. But would anyone else have done any better. I dont think so,.

however as he has barely if ever had any support in front of him due to our dismal midfield fading away (yet again), its hardly a major surprise. Hes no better and certainly no worse than the best of our back four current, or recent past.

Oh and hes our top scorer, for all the vaunted midfield and the powderpuff strikeforce.

He needs competition/replacing, of that there is no doubt, but until we get summat better and get others to score why fix summat which aint broke. Specially until we get someone else who scores consistently

So right, and still no one can name someone better....yes Sawyer looked good end of last season but over a season would he replce jamie????? im not too sure

I think most people in the squad wouldn't have chopped the Doncaster player in the last minute especially when he wasn't in on goal or had a shooting opportunity. Apart from maybe JCR and unfortunately he plays on the left too currently.

I just watched the highlights and he reminded me (for the nth time) how much of a liabilty he is. He gave the ball away from a free-kick in their half which led to them breaking away and also how he tried to handle the ball near the end almost giving away a penatly before the real one. Now I'm not saying he is the only one who gives the ball away but unfortunately he does it too often and gets skinned too many times to make him a player that will help us progress.

if you notice the changes in things most of our players seem to play better away from home to prove a point to other sides and thats why we usuaqlly get results and there is less pressure on them and less criticism therefore leading to more pleased fans !

That is some truth in that I reckon.

However McAllister's problem is not pressure.

It's the fact he's utter shite.

with Ribs and Louis coming through today, that opens up the defence to new selection.

Instead of getting a replacement for Mcallister, which long term we do, but in the short tewrm stick Fonts at LB, Carey in the middle with Stewart or Ribs, then either Ribs/Hunt at RB.

Mcallister definitely aint good enough, but Fonts is solid, quick and good positionally.

Archived