IGNORED

Jamie Mcallister

Redhyde

So everyones forgetting it was his cross that got us our goal today?

Exactly! Had a great game up untill about the 80th min when he started to tire, our whole back four looked really solid throughout to be fair. With the exception of a couple of iffy hunt moments. Admittedly it was a ridiculous foul to give away as he could have brought him down by the corner flag as soon as he realised he was beaten but ran with him untill he got into the area. Much to be positive about today though guys! If we play like that next week we will destroy barnsley! I'm sure if someone had offered you a point at the keepmoat this morning 99% of us (including me) would have bitten their hand off! YOU REDS

1. anyone can give a penalty away......You must have a selective memory

2. Thats your opinion - and its an opinion that many City share. Just read this thread.

3. He is championship quality - thats your opinion.

4. True, but that is not his fault - No, but if he had competition for his place, he may improve.

5. again true but again not his fault, he is left sided and very competant in his position - Competent in Div 1 for sure.

you tell me who you would prefer, that

a) we can afford

b) would come to us

c) is better than mcallister

I don't know what players are available. Its information thats usually restricted between clubs.

Explain.

Rubbish he gave away a soft penalty today?

Strange one this. Some of the worlds greatest players have given away penalties, ya know. It doesn't make you a bad player??

He ain't the greatest, but he's the best we've got, and in his whole time here I think he's performed ok. Yes we could do better, but we could also do a hell of lot worse.

I got £2.5mil from Derby for him in FM2010 so there's always hope!! :whistle2:

:rofl2br:

Ha, fair enough. I remember one game last year, at home to Donny funnily enough, when he got 2 assists from pretty good crosses in from the left when he was being played further forward. Sounded like a good dead ball for the goal today as well. Of course I know that these are few and far between and I agree that his all round play, especially defensively, is very poor. As I said keep him here only as backup, getting a left sider or two in is an absolute priority.

so u slate him robbored, but you dont have anyone in mind who would be better than him???..........i challenge anyone to tell me anyone out of my criteria above who would be better???

im not saying he doesnt have his flaws but over a season i think he is never one of our worst players......i am more concerned about fontaine at the moment

Ha, fair enough. I remember one game last year, at home to Donny funnily enough, when he got 2 assists from pretty good crosses in from the left when he was being played further forward. Sounded like a good dead ball for the goal today as well. Of course I know that these are few and far between and I agree that his all round play, especially defensively, is very poor. As I said keep him here only as backup, getting a left sider or two in is an absolute priority.

Where did macca crosse from? a fairly advanced position - from which his crossing aint that bad. Problem is, he doesnt like to travel with the ball and lumps it more often than not.

so u slate him robbored, but you dont have anyone in mind who would be better than him???..........i challenge anyone to tell me anyone out of my criteria above who would be better???

im not saying he doesnt have his flaws but over a season i think he is never one of our worst players......i am more concerned about fontaine at the moment

I don't see how not having an immediate suggestion of a replacement has any bearing on whether Mccallister is good enough or not. He's a good L1 defender, and would probably do a job for a few championship sides - but seeing as our goal is ultimately to challenge at the top, and get promotion, he's not good enough, and is one of the weaker members of our team in general for the reasons people have mentioned in this thread. To improve you want to gradually move out the weaker members of your team and improve on those areas, and I'd say that the left back position is one of these, and has been for some time, so it's time to try and improve.

I don't see how not having an immediate suggestion of a replacement has any bearing on whether Mccallister is good enough or not. He's a good L1 defender, and would probably do a job for a few championship sides - but seeing as our goal is ultimately to challenge at the top, and get promotion, he's not good enough, and is one of the weaker members of our team in general for the reasons people have mentioned in this thread. To improve you want to gradually move out the weaker members of your team and improve on those areas, and I'd say that the left back position is one of these, and has been for some time, so it's time to try and improve.

ok take your point but everyone on here seems to have an immediate suggestion for replacement strikers, so all i am challenging is who does everyone want as a replacement left back.....not rocket science!!!

i dont know of one i would want us to buy....do you?

I don't think he shoulg go, but he is not good enough to be our first choice left-back. We are short of left sided players, and he will be good back up as a squad member.....but he was not great last season!

McAllister - did well when he first came here and was quite solid in the left back role but now I feel he's past it and we need someone much younger who could play left back/left wing back to replace him. It has to be the top transfer priority imo rather than a never ending list of strikers.

Agreed he did well when first arrived, that was league one level though. My biggest problem with him is his lack of competition and that he is nowhere near good enough at this level on a defensive level.

I think JM is decent and is paying the price for us not having a decent left sided player! Since McIndoe left he has been exposed MM used to work so hard and have a good understanding with JM. I think if he had a decent left midefilder infront of him we would not be having this discussion now! I am not saying we owuld be sayiung he was great but I dont feel he is as bad as he is being made to look, over worked down that flank and wrong side of 30! I think we can get away with McCallister as long as we get someone in in front of him!

Not the greatest left back in the world but not the worst! He is suffering from a lack of decent left sided player in fronf of him, he did not look this poor prior to McIndoe leaving...! Ashley Cole looked poor at world cup with no left sided midfielder on front of him so JM definatly will look poor! I think we could get away with him for another season but only if we get a decent left sided midfielder!

Admit I never saw that cross today but I can remember so many that barely get off the ground, the opposition that destroy him for pace etc, etc. Great contribution to the club but that is clearly in the past. It was time for him to move on last year, when we may have got a couple of bob for him!!

Sorry that's my opinion.

Macca is one of our most consistent player how anyone can say he isn't is beyond me. He is obviously the next in the firing line for some fans like GJ and Orr before him!

sorry I forgot! every city player is amazing :doh:

I think he gets more stick than he deserves. Granted he's not had a good start to the season, but imo he's a decent fullback, and hardly a calamity. He has his bad games, and he's by no means excellent, but he's dependable and has been a good servant to the club. I agree we need to sign a left-back, if not as an improvement at least for competition, as evidently you'll suffer from not having competition if you're in the team automatically every week. He's an average fullback, nothing more and nothing less, and he's at his best when under the cosh. But to say he's the worst player in our squad is very harsh indeed imo.

sorry I forgot! every city player is amazing :doh:

umm no one is saying that, the poster u commented on said that mcallister is one of our most consistent performers, whicg is 100% correct, in my opinion fontaine who doesnt get any stick on here is by far much more of a liability than mccalister

Don't really have a general opinion of the bloke but the challenge today was retarded. Player on the byline with 2 city players to beat and the **** dives in nowhere near the ball.

That's exactly how I feel. And the player shouldn't have even got to the byline, bloody jumping in the air like a ballet dancer to stop a cross????? WTF is that all about? Shocking defending.

I have been of the opinion that he is our weakest link since we came up.

He is not good enough - his awareness at times, as well as his choice of tackling can be absolutely terrible.

A quality left back is the most glaring hole we have right now - and I include strikers in that analysis too.

Saw it last night, what a complete pratt. I would have to say it was a typical mcallister tackle. He is a very cynical player, people go past him and he just brings them down. This time though at the cost of the team. He is most certainly the weak link defensively IMO.

umm no one is saying that, the poster u commented on said that mcallister is one of our most consistent performers, whicg is 100% correct, in my opinion fontaine who doesnt get any stick on here is by far much more of a liability than mccalister

I'm with you - terrible challenge yesterday but you could see from his reaction that he knows that. He needs competition...like every other player in the side needs it.

We need a good young left sided full back/wing back. I wouldn't have said Jamie Mac was the weakest link for City by a long way. The weakest area is creativity in midfield...lots more competition, lots of energy but very little true creative vision or talent...

I think he's a useful player to have in the squad.

Archived