IGNORED

Ivan

bcfc BGC

He had a great game today!

Does anyone know who he gave his shirt away to at the end of the match. (somebody in the dolman)

He asked the ball boy in the Dolman to get him a drink. The little boy down past the Dolman, past the Atyeo, up past the williams to the dugout to get him a drink.

All the fans clapped him on his return to the Dolman and Ivan promised him his shirt.

And yes Ivan was brilliant today. As was Akinde when he came on IMO.

Agreed and seconded.

I have always been impressed with Ivan and I think he takes sone unfair stick at times.

He was one of our best players at the back end of last season and seems to have carried that over to this season after a great preseason.

I certainly hope he gets a deserved run in the side this season as he looks to be one of our most dangerous attakinh prospects.

Thought Ivan was good for Ivan but still nowhere near as good as LJ or Admoah so was suprised to see him win MOM. What amazed me was how tired he was at the end considering he should have made a lot more runs behind their defence. He is so frustrating when he hangs on the touchline.

First name on the teamsheet for me!

I know he lacks quality, and his final ball is never there...

But, and it's a big but... His pace and direct running make US play better.

He scares the living shit out of left backs, and that usually ends up with the centre back coming across to help.

Now, even if Ivan doesn't stick the ball on the strikers head, the space created makes the likes of Maynards life SOOO much easier.

We all know what Maynard can do when he's got space, and I think Sproule is one of the main reasons he gets that space...

I love Ivan!

I love it when Ivan plays like he did today, it's so enthralling yet at the same time scary, h could pull an absolute gem out of the bag or get himself into trouble throttling an opposing player who decides its not ivan that gets passed him

he chased everything down a got himself worked up to a point where you could see one late tackle and he'd could have got himself sent off

top marks for endeavour, worked harder than last season but still knackered himself out come the 83rd minute onwards

re-reading this post it feels slightly negative but I really do have nothing but praise for his performance today

Agreed and seconded.

I have always been impressed with Ivan and I think he takes sone unfair stick at times.

He was one of our best players at the back end of last season and seems to have carried that over to this season after a great preseason.

I certainly hope he gets a deserved run in the side this season as he looks to be one of our most dangerous attakinh prospects.

have never disagreed with anything more. He played very well today but he doesnt get nowhere enough stick considering what he does sometimes

He asked the ball boy in the Dolman to get him a drink. The little boy down past the Dolman, past the Atyeo, up past the williams to the dugout to get him a drink.

All the fans clapped him on his return to the Dolman and Ivan promised him his shirt.

And yes Ivan was brilliant today. As was Akinde when he came on IMO.

Yes i was right infront of it, top class ballboy.

Speaking of ballboys, did anyone see that little kiddy give the barnsley fans the V sign? It was absoloutely hillarious, he started dancing and taking the mick out of barnsley fans and then ran and jumped into the crowd. Legend.

I would of had Albert Adomah as man of the match, working so hard all the time, but Ivan did cause alot of trouble all game.

Albert all day long. Sproule was just a better version of what he did last year today, getting too big for his boots, appears to have forgotten all that Coppell taught him about wingers, (apart from one good cross mid second half).

Excellent gane today and got alot of the ball which he doesn't normally receive and hence looks wasted.

No doubt about it, that when he is on form he lifts and excites the whole stadium like no other player that we have. Glad to see he has been picked for every game this season and would like nothing more that to see player of the season.

Ivan aside, Adomah had a very good game as did Stewart in my opinion. Johnson played well too when he came on..

Finally, we did bring Akinde on and again, in my opinion, he looks powerful, fast, composed, great touch and I for one would start him, no doubt about it.

JCR was disappointing today and deservedly substituted

I agree to a certain extent with the praise for Ivan and actually thought his final ball was better than normal. However I do find him frustrating at the same time (so did David James going by the stick he was giving him). DJ was often looking for an outlet when he had the ball and could see that Ivan had the full back on toast and was looking to release him into an early 1 on 1 situation all through the 2nd half. Yet every time Ivan was just jogging off with his back to DJ wasting the oppourtunity. DJ was even telling the bench that Ivan was not being aware enough when James had the ball in hand.

Ivan's performance was actually enhanced by LJ who for me was exceptional today. He kept playing balls into positions down the right that Ivan had to go after rather than giving it how Ivan appears t like it which is on the halfway line with his back to goal and the fullback up his arse!!!!!! If only he would realise that by spinning off behind the fullback with a ball coming over the top 80% of the work is done as he doesnt need to beat his man with the ball and either has a clear run to the byline or can cut inside and run at the centre half.

Ivan is a great asset to us but only if we have a creative enough midfield to push balls into areas Ivan does not naturally go and that is behind the fullback. I just do not think Ivan has a great football brain so needs to be led pretty much into positions where he can do the most damage. That person today was LJ who was the real reason we dragged a draw from what was looking like an embarrasing defeat before his introduction.

Archived