IGNORED

Messrs Lansdown And Millen - Smart Blokes

Whooooossshhhh

Well, we didn't panic and buy in just anybody on deadline day. YES, I know our current league position isn't too bright (4 games in, though). What SL and KM didn't do today was be held to ransome by agents and greedy players, who always recognise a club in the throes of a major panic and then line their own pockets accordingly.

NO! What Mr Lansdown has done is to hold on to his hard earned cash and is awaiting the fire sale (loan) at the Prem clubs. I know that the bloke who signed for Baadiff was high profile, but there are going to be a good number of players not making the Premier League squads tomorrow.

Will any of them want to come to AG on loan? I think so. There are a lot of nervous people on this forum.........but cheer up! I'm sure SL & KM will do us proud when the loan window opens. Who will they sign? Well, in my opinion, I have no opinion! It's not up to me...........Thoughts please!

Just Believe

And I thought I'd started such a positive thread here. Yes.....its frustrating following City, but FFS that's what we do. I've been frustrated since 1971 but NOBODY can take that feeling away from me.

Remember, supporting BCFC isn't a choice, IT's A BIRTHRIGHT

:sweatingbullets:

And I thought I'd started such a positive thread here. Yes.....its frustrating following City, but FFS that's what we do. I've been frustrated since 1971 but NOBODY can take that feeling away from me.

This year was always going to be transitional. Many stated that was acceptable but that has clearly changed. We have had a phenomenal amount of injuries, have really added to an already decent squad and will be more than ok. Admitted we need some points quickly if we really are going to challenge at the business end but i really consider us to be moving in the right direction. Just at least let 10 games settle so we can assess with a little more sense...

.................It's a life sentence!

I am struggling a bit at the moment Rocky.

I must admit I am very concerned about our ability to compete at the moment...

...but...

...four weeks ago I was more excited and optimistic than I have ever been about a coming season, so that's how quickly things can change. :fingerscrossed:

For flips sake,this is laughable. We have signed ELEVEN players so far,its not a flippin computer game its for real. We have probably the best chairman in the country and we read stuff like "were a laughing stock". Sometimes i despair at some of our so called support.

We have signed 11 players....but what concerns me is we are more unbalanced now then we were last season?? our left side is non exsistent and we dont have one centre midfielder who I would class as a "decent attacking midfielder"

We said last time we were in the Championship that we have learned lessons?We bought 2 stickers and no defenders. It was said that we got relegated because of this and we will not do it again!We are doing exactly the same thing!We have not learnt and we could get relegated?

We have signed 11 players....but what concerns me is we are more unbalanced now then we were last season?? our left side is non exsistent and we dont have one centre midfielder who I would class as a "decent attacking midfielder"

Don't post anything even slightly negative, even if it is spot on (as yours is). It is frowned upon by the elders.

We're not going to sign an attacking midfielder its not where our problems are,

At the back is and always was our problem,

Fontaine Nyatanga are not good enough

Carey's legs have gone

Mcallister is struggling, yet all we sign is Stewert (who hardly played a game last season) and Hunt who is clearly injured,

unless we sort the defense out and I've been saying this for two years now we'll never be back up in the play-offs

You don't concede you don't lose simples

Carey's legs have gone

Mcallister is struggling, yet all we sign is Stewert (who hardly played a game last season) and Hunt who is clearly injured,

unless we sort the defense out and I've been saying this for two years now we'll never be back up in the play-offs

The simple fact is, the problems you state need to be addressed....as well as the lack of attacking options in the middle to. We need a left back, a centre half, AND a centre midfielder who has an attacking mind.

Our defence has been a shambles for 2 years now and for me, Fontaine and Mcallistair need replacing...but aswell as that we need a midfielder who can get in the box and help the front two.

Without these three signings, or at least the centre mid and left back....we will not come close to hitting top 10 this season

Don't post anything even slightly negative, even if it is spot on (as yours is). It is frowned upon by the elders.

Negative isn't necessarily the problem, it's the complete and utter b******s that some people write that's the real problem! We lose one week and we're going down, then follow that with a win and we're going up.

As for "being frowned on by the elders", ........ well the elders have been round long enough to have seen the ups and downs and just about anything that can happen in football. Unfortunately there are a few of the 'youngers' who haven't yet grasped the reality that every team in every league is fighting to get promotion and unless something has changed recently, then BCFC DON'T HAVE A GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO FINISH TOP OF THE PILE.

TBH, aside from City being my club since I was a very young kid, I go and watch them to see a 90 minute football match, while hopefully getting some entertainment along the way. There seems to be others on here who aren't happy with just watching a football match, they will accept nothing less than promotion, as anything else looks like a failure.

They'll learn in the end though, it just takes quite a few years biggrin.gif

Nail in head there mate. If the imbalance isn't sorted out when the loan window opens again then I'm going to start to really worry about this season. GJ was slaughtered for this, but we've had since March to be looking at getting these players in, and it still hasn't happened.

This isn't a KM bashing post, but he was part of the management team that let the squad get so out of shape, now he's the main man to sort it. I really hope that people are lined up for season long loans next week, I'm hoping that is why we were quiet yesterday.

Never dull, is it!

Negative isn't necessarily the problem, it's the complete and utter b******s that some people write that's the real problem! We lose one week and we're going down, then follow that with a win and we're going up.

As for "being frowned on by the elders", ........ well the elders have been round long enough to have seen the ups and downs and just about anything that can happen in football. Unfortunately there are a few of the 'youngers' who haven't yet grasped the reality that every team in every league is fighting to get promotion and unless something has changed recently, then BCFC DON'T HAVE A GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO FINISH TOP OF THE PILE.

TBH, aside from City being my club since I was a very young kid, I go and watch them to see a 90 minute football match, while hopefully getting some entertainment along the way. There seems to be others on here who aren't happy with just watching a football match, they will accept nothing less than promotion, as anything else looks like a failure.

I certainly dont think that we have a god given right to finish top of the table....but why is it, this club, takes so long to address problems which are so clear for all to see. Problems which just get dragged on and on.....

Our defence and left side of the team has been an issue for two years....not addressed

our midfield has lacked creativity for a while now....not addressed.

11 players have come in....yes, 11, and NOT ONE is a natural left sided player, or has a left foot, and not one is a midfielder who can get in the box and support the front two.

I dont expect to see promotions every season, but I expect to see progression ON the pitch. The last two years we have been going backwards, the club has not evolved on the playing side. Ok, Coppout at the tiem was a great aquisition (or so we thought), but we still have the same scouts who have unearthed garbage for the last 2/3 years, and the same coaching staff who are not helping our players progress in anyway. Maynard aside, every single player has gone backwards over the last 12/18 months

Spot on mate. I am actually quite worried about this season, we have a large squad, but it is mostly pretty devoid of genuine quality, and unbalanced. Somehow, we seem to have accumulated lots of players, but don't have a clue about how to make them into a team. The other thing that seems to be missing this year is that exceptional team spirit that carried us through the first couple of years in the Championship. You look at the suggested best XI's on here, and no matter who is picked, neither the defence or midfield look particularly strong. It's very difficult to resolve, our wage bill is already far too large, and if you bring in even more players, you create unrest amongst the senior Pros who are out of favour. And don't think we are too good to go down, it's a tough League, and we look seriously vulnerable defensively.

11 players have come in....yes, 11, and NOT ONE is a natural left sided player, or has a left foot, and not one is a midfielder who can get in the box and support the front two.

Although technically we've brought in Tom Williams, I agrew with you, and this is the one thing that's pissed me off the most. Williams was brought in a 6 month deal as cover but of the other 10 not one of them has a left foot. It's just absurd. Too have had this inbalance in your squad for as long as we have is worrying, but then again I don't think KM is to blame, after all it was up to Coppell to sign who he wanted, and by the time Millen was appointed he harldy had much time left.

Carey's legs have gone

This is the second time I have agreed with your point. It puzzles me that managers and fans alike have focused on attacking players when our defending has been getting progressively worse for such a long time. We need to get back to being difficult to beat. The players you refer to have shown for 2 seasons now that they can no longer do that. No amount of working on it in training has made any difference. So time to replace them surely?

Okay can I be a bit negative then without talking complete an utter b******s please - I dont consider myself an elder or a youngser, somewhere in the middle:

Like Andy, I am very dissapointed that despite 11 new signings the balance of the squad has still not been addressed. We have had major defensive issues since the last quarter of last season, the left side is extremely weak and we have not replaced Paul Hartley which is criminal. We have had an awful long time to rectify these problems and we havent. You can have all the energy in the world - Elliott, Skuse, Cisse but without a ball player its harder to control the game and retain posession and relieve pressure.

The majority of people can see what we need, we have signed 11 players none of which sort our left sided problem or our lack of creativity in the middle which is ridiculous.

I hear some people say "Well you tell me a good left back then", Well quite frankly you could probably pick any left back in the football league ahead of Jamie "Ive been done (again) so I'd better haul him down" McAllister, His definding is shambolic. How about we give this Williams fella a crack eh? We are paying him for 6 months arent we???

All that said, I'm not a total doom and gloom merchant, We should be good enough to pull away from the bottom 3 and achieve a mid-table position and I wish they wouldnt bother with a league table until about 8-10 games have been played because we rarely start well do we. Adomah has been a breath of fresh air, Hunt will come good in my opinion, Stead is a great signing - he may not bag 20 a season but he will hold the ball up and create chances.

Long way to go I just feel that the problems we are still having, have been there long enough that they should have been sorted.

The simple fact is, the problems you state need to be addressed....as well as the lack of attacking options in the middle to. We need a left back, a centre half, AND a centre midfielder who has an attacking mind.

Our defence has been a shambles for 2 years now and for me, Fontaine and Mcallistair need replacing...but aswell as that we need a midfielder who can get in the box and help the front two.

Without these three signings, or at least the centre mid and left back....we will not come close to hitting top 10 this season

I have to say, with Maynard in your side, top 10 is almost guaranteed, even if the rest of the team sucks.

We have a better squad than last season and that was a better squad than the previous season. We've been doing worse mostly because of team spirit. It's up to Millen to get them to gel, to manage expectations, to get the players to enjoy playing...

I wouldn't necessarily say the defence is our weakest spot squad-wise. I personally thought Orr was much over-rated. Haven't seen Hunt yet but we all know Ribs can do it. Fonts, when he keeps his concentration, is a great Championship defender and can play left-back. Fonts-Stewart-Carey-Ribs+James is a defence that most would have been happy with pre-season, then there's defensive cover with Cisse.

I pointed out last season that the goals conceded under Gerken was about double that under Basso. Great shot-stopper but lacked the kind of inspirational presence that Basso was. Hopefully, James can fit back into that role.

We don't need an attacking midfielder (see multiple threads re: World Cup & 2 def mids) and I'm sure Clarkson could do it if needed. However, we do need to learn how to counter attack. We are one of the weakest Championship teams on the break and it puts us under pressure defensively too.

I would have the team doing an hour of drills on this every day.

We have amazing talent in attack now. We have >1 decent winger for once, possibly 4.

It could be top 6 or it could be midtable. It's all about confidence and gelling.

I have to say, with Maynard in your side, top 10 is almost guaranteed, even if the rest of the team sucks.

We have a better squad than last season and that was a better squad than the previous season. We've been doing worse mostly because of team spirit. It's up to Millen to get them to gel, to manage expectations, to get the players to enjoy playing...

I wouldn't necessarily say the defence is our weakest spot squad-wise. I personally thought Orr was much over-rated. Haven't seen Hunt yet but we all know Ribs can do it. Fonts, when he keeps his concentration, is a great Championship defender and can play left-back. Fonts-Stewart-Carey-Ribs+James is a defence that most would have been happy with pre-season, then there's defensive cover with Cisse.

I pointed out last season that the goals conceded under Gerken was about double that under Basso. Great shot-stopper but lacked the kind of inspirational presence that Basso was. Hopefully, James can fit back into that role.

We don't need an attacking midfielder (see multiple threads re: World Cup & 2 def mids) and I'm sure Clarkson could do it if needed. However, we do need to learn how to counter attack. We are one of the weakest Championship teams on the break and it puts us under pressure defensively too.

I would have the team doing an hour of drills on this every day.

We have amazing talent in attack now. We have >1 decent winger for once, possibly 4.

It could be top 6 or it could be midtable. It's all about confidence and gelling.

......................................And there is where your post lost all relevance.preacher.gif

Go watch a couple of games first then you'll see up close how poor we actually are.

For flips sake,this is laughable. We have signed ELEVEN players so far,its not a flippin computer game its for real. We have probably the best chairman in the country and we read stuff like "were a laughing stock". Sometimes i despair at some of our so called support.

What criteria have you adopted to arrive at the conclusion our Chairman is 'probably the best in the country'?

Archived