IGNORED

David James

redpole

Just spoke to a friend who is good friends with a Bristol city goalkeeping coach and he said apparently .we tried to offload him on deadline day. Also he does alot of gym training and not much training with others as he has 2 bad knees. Has anyone else heard anything like this about David James?

Just spoke to a friend who is good friends with a Bristol city goalkeeping coach and he said apparently .we tried to offload him on deadline day. Also he does alot of gym training and not much training with others as he has 2 bad knees. Has anyone else heard anything like this about David James?

Personally and no offense to you but it sounds like tosh, why would we sign him and try to get rid of him in the same window? :dunno:

• Admin

Don't know about trying to offload him, but have heard tale of the dodgy knees and not training with the squad........ and it certainly looks like that on the pitch!!!

I'm only passing on what I've been told, got no reason to make things up and as he's good friends with the goalkeeping coach, I can see no reason not to trust him. Some people won't believe it and some people might think there is something in it. I'm just passing on what I've been told and thought I'd see if anyone else has heard it.

I'm only passing on what I've been told, got no reason to make things up and as he's good friends with the goalkeeping coach, I can see no reason not to trust him. Some people won't believe it and some people might think there is something in it. I'm just passing on what I've been told and thought I'd see if anyone else has heard it.

I'd say no more if I was you, unless you are trying to get Stuart Naylor sacked?

Have been told by a reliable source that Millen is not happy with the David James situation, the training is an issue and feels very frustrated by that and he doesn't mix well with the players !

I also know millen doesn't rate him but as he had no choice in the matter he's stuck with him!

Now I'm totally gutted at hearing this especially as I've been on here in recent week saying it's total trash and not wanting to believe it !

You don't really get much more concrete than my source ! ( and don't be stupid I'm not telling)

in perspective he's still a great keeper and as far as training goes he doesn't need to be training as much as the others especially at 40 ! However the feeling of his commitment still leaves a bad taste!

I'll break it down easily if were winning no one cares if were losing he's someone to point the finger at!

Pretty much how it works on this forum!

And what positives does all this David James bashing actually achieve exactly? He'll be getting all my familys support at the next home game, and believe it or not i won't be chucking the toys out the pram if he doesn't wave at us after the game. Jeezzz.

Dont care who or wat he has achived but should acknowlage the supporters same as the rest of the players we support through good & bad & always have

Have been told by a reliable source that Millen is not happy with the David James situation, the training is an issue and feels very frustrated by that and he doesn't mix well with the players !

I also know millen doesn't rate him but as he had no choice in the matter he's stuck with him!

Now I'm totally gutted at hearing this especially as I've been on here in recent week saying it's total trash and not wanting to believe it !

You don't really get much more concrete than my source ! ( and don't be stupid I'm not telling)

in perspective he's still a great keeper and as far as training goes he doesn't need to be training as much as the others especially at 40 ! However the feeling of his commitment still leaves a bad taste!

I'll break it down easily if were winning no one cares if were losing he's someone to point the finger at!

Pretty much how it works on this forum!

Now that's the most worrying thing I've read since KM was appointed! At the time we signed him he was an England player and KM didn't rate him??!!

Now that's the most worrying thing I've read since KM was appointed! At the time we signed him he was an England player and KM didn't rate him??!!

How worrying? I rate him personally but he's hardly set the world alight in his first 4 games after the cock-up at Ipswich.

How worrying? I rate him personally but he's hardly set the world alight in his first 4 games after the cock-up at Ipswich.

Worrying that our newly appointed manager didn't rate a (then) England player - if the post I was commenting on was true.

OK DJs not set the world alight as yet but good international players with decades of experience in higher leagues don't suddenly become bad overnight.

Worrying that our newly appointed manager didn't rate a (then) England player - if the post I was commenting on was true.

OK DJs not set the world alight as yet but good international players with decades of experience in higher leagues don't suddenly become bad overnight.

Well said Laner.

I can't believe how much dribble people write on here, plus it's always news from 'my mate down the pub heard...'. Any post like that should be automatically deleted from now on. David James was representing our country at this years world cup, he helped guide Portsmouth to the cup final... And this is recent. Now, all of a sudden he has dodgy knees and no- one rates him. What a joke !

Give him time. we are still only four games into the season.

BUT - 9 goals in four games this season conceded so far. Both goals at Ipswich without doubt, down to mistakes by him ...........

He's on £10K per week (rumoured, not confirned)

As posted by me elsewhere on this forum, I will reserve detailed judgement on Millen, Wiggers, DJ and all of them until at least after Christmas.

BUT I must confess I am worried about this signing.

Got a feeling we've been conned by him. Cosy place to be at the end of your career? Past it perhaps ?

Prove me wrong DJ, I would love it if you pull off some world class saves at Scunny and AG next Tuesday week.

Bring it on. I will be happy to say that my doubts were unfounded.

Hope so.

Very relevant.

What is also relevant is that we have two wannabees who have "sources" in this thread which is.......bullshite.

IF James has a separate training regime, then fair enough - he's 40 and needs a totally different regime to a 20 year old - is that not obvious ?

IF Millen doesn't rate him (which would indeed be worrying as he was Englands goalkeeper at the time of signing) then I'm sure he would have the balls to drop him - that's what he's paid for, to make decisions that he feels is best for the team. As long as he is in the team, that says to me NO PROBLEM.

Shite thread.

it's wierd, because all you've done here is apply logic and a bit of thought, and you've added more reason and sound judgement than the entire thread put together...

Do people really think this club is that unprofessional?

Give him time. we are still only four games into the season.

BUT - 9 goals in four games this season conceded so far. Both goals at Ipswich without doubt, down to mistakes by him ...........

He's on £10K per week (rumoured, not confirned)

As posted by me elsewhere on this forum, I will reserve detailed judgement on Millen, Wiggers, DJ and all of them until at least after Christmas.

BUT I must confess I am worried about this signing.

Got a feeling we've been conned by him. Cosy place to be at the end of your career? Past it perhaps ?

Prove me wrong DJ, I would love it if you pull off some world class saves at Scunny and AG next Tuesday week.

Bring it on. I will be happy to say that my doubts were unfounded.

Hope so.

DJ is a class keeper and I for one am very happy he is with us. Yes, he has made some mistakes because like all of us he is human. Perhaps we should point the finger at our defence as well who at this moment are a tad shite.

Yes we've had injuries but the fact is that all teams do. We should have enough depth in our squad to cover this.

Archived